Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lysacek not showing up at gala? - Nope! He'll be there.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ARipp42014 View Post
    I heard they didn't invite Johnny Gaga to perform. I wanted to see "Poker Face" one more time (with Johnny possibly wearing a platinum wig)
    I'm disappointed they didn't invite him, if it's true. I also wanted to see his "Poker Face" performance. I think a lot of people - fans of his and casual viewers of the Olympics - wanted to see it. I wish there was some way for the organizers of the event to get the message. Johnny was well received by the audience, too, so it would be a good thing if he could perform.
    Last edited by loop9497; 02-21-2010 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Oops, meant "Poker," not "Polker"

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by loop9497 View Post
    I'm disappointed they didn't invite him, if it's true. I also wanted to see his "Polker Face" performance. I think a lot of people - fans of his and casual viewers of the Olympics - wanted to see it. I wish there was some way for the organizers of the event to get the message. Johnny was well received by the audience, too, so it would be a good thing if he could perform.
    I too, would like to have seen him, but I am sure the show is only so long and adding a skater would mean bumping somebody else off.

Banned
    The worst winner in Olympic history may just as well stay at home. Nobody cares for his ex. routine anyway.
    Bring in Johnny Weir anyday.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oxade21 View Post
    The worst winner in Olympic history may just as well stay at home. Nobody cares for his ex. routine anyway.
    Bring in Johnny Weir anyday.
    Have you seen it? I am tired of all the sour grapes. he won. period. Nobody said you had to like it, but just ignore the Lysacek thread if you hate him so much. Nobody said you had to watch his exhibition either. We might see Johnny perform in Torino next month.

I am not a huge Evan fan either, but I certainly think he did enough to win. Worst winner? By what standards? He did everything he planned and did it quite well. Anytime one's favs don't win, the winner is the "worst" ever. Pleeease. 42

Quote Originally Posted by oxade21
    Nobody cares for his ex. routine anyway
    for someone who is always upset with media hyperbole and "lies" it seems ironic that you would make such a broad statement that is also untrue... there are many who are VERY happy about and for Evan and will love watching him celebrate his win.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by loop9497 View Post
    I'm disappointed they didn't invite him, if it's true. I also wanted to see his "Poker Face" performance. I think a lot of people - fans of his and casual viewers of the Olympics - wanted to see it. I wish there was some way for the organizers of the event to get the message. Johnny was well received by the audience, too, so it would be a good thing if he could perform.
    I would have loved to see Poker Face again, but IIRC the top 5, plus the reps of the host country get to do the gala. Of course they could pretend he came 5th and have Patrick just represent Canada... I'm not saying I think Patrick should have placed lower (IMO Johnny should have been 4th and Stephane 6th but that's just me). But Gaga Weir would have been a huge crowd pleaser.

Whippet Good!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    for someone who is always upset with media hyperbole and "lies" it seems ironic that you would make such a broad statement that is also untrue... there are many who are VERY happy about and for Evan and will love watching him celebrate his win.
    Exactly! Everyone I know was excited by his win and am sure would love to see his exhibition. I, for one, am over the moon with his win and cannot wait for his gala performance.

I thought of you, Tonichelle, when he won. I was thinking you were probably very happy when you finally got to see him win. Rock on, Evan!

Custom Title
    i've been really enjoying rewatching both of his routines 'on demand'. [on demand rocks!] he did really well.

Banned
    Lysacek with program difficulty from 60s is a disgrace to this sport and should never skate again. That's all.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ARipp42014 View Post
    Are we still with the whole Evan vs. Plushy thing? GET OVER IT!!!

I heard they didn't invite Johnny Gaga to perform. I wanted to see "Poker Face" one more time (with Johnny possibly wearing a platinum wig)
    Only the top 5 finishers and host country skaters get to perform in the gala - unless one of the top 5 does not/cannot perform then the next highest finisher may bet asked to perform.

Medalist
    When exactly is the Gala? I was wondering since I'm pretty sure the pairs skaters are just hanging around the Olympic village since this isn't like the Summer Games where players can go home after their competitions if they don't want to attend the closing ceremony.

Luv Deep Edges!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo1 View Post
    Sorry folks I hope he stays in LA. IMHO he should never have won because his skating is sloppy, stiff and he's awkward. Sometimes when he kicks frontwise (made up word) he reminds me of a can-can dancer. Most of the comments I have read are in agreement with this conclusion; blame the judges!!
    I don't think anyone would call Evan's skating sloppy.... even those who do not like his skating: safe, steady, even boring he may be. Sloppy - NO. Coming out of jumps he is lickety split clean.

Worshipping at the temple of Severus Snape Alatariel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenorguy View Post
    Coming out of jumps he is lickety split clean.

Medalist
    I'm looking forward to the gala and Evan's skate. I don't particularly care for his style, but I do think it will be interesting to see his transition from amateur to pro. I hope he starts revealing his personality a bit more during his exhibitions. Perhaps he can have as successful a professional career as Scott Hamilton or Kurt Browning? I don't know. He's so tall. Maybe he could work with Robin Cousins who also had height issues? I'm not exactly sure what he needs to do to make his programs more exciting....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast