Lysacek not showing up at gala? - Nope! He'll be there. | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Lysacek not showing up at gala? - Nope! He'll be there.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
oxade21 said:
Nobody cares for his ex. routine anyway

for someone who is always upset with media hyperbole and "lies" it seems ironic that you would make such a broad statement that is also untrue... there are many who are VERY happy about and for Evan and will love watching him celebrate his win.

screech

Final Flight
I'm disappointed they didn't invite him, if it's true. I also wanted to see his "Poker Face" performance. I think a lot of people - fans of his and casual viewers of the Olympics - wanted to see it. I wish there was some way for the organizers of the event to get the message. Johnny was well received by the audience, too, so it would be a good thing if he could perform.

I would have loved to see Poker Face again, but IIRC the top 5, plus the reps of the host country get to do the gala. Of course they could pretend he came 5th and have Patrick just represent Canada... I'm not saying I think Patrick should have placed lower (IMO Johnny should have been 4th and Stephane 6th but that's just me). But Gaga Weir would have been a huge crowd pleaser.

Tesla

Final Flight
for someone who is always upset with media hyperbole and "lies" it seems ironic that you would make such a broad statement that is also untrue... there are many who are VERY happy about and for Evan and will love watching him celebrate his win.

Exactly! Everyone I know was excited by his win and am sure would love to see his exhibition. I, for one, am over the moon with his win and cannot wait for his gala performance.

I thought of you, Tonichelle, when he won. I was thinking you were probably very happy when you finally got to see him win. :) Rock on, Evan! :rock:

ranjake

Final Flight
i've been really enjoying rewatching both of his routines 'on demand'. [on demand rocks!] he did really well.

oxade21

Match Penalty
Lysacek with program difficulty from 60s is a disgrace to this sport and should never skate again. That's all.

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
Are we still with the whole Evan vs. Plushy thing? GET OVER IT!!!

I heard they didn't invite Johnny Gaga to perform. I wanted to see "Poker Face" one more time (with Johnny possibly wearing a platinum wig)
Only the top 5 finishers and host country skaters get to perform in the gala - unless one of the top 5 does not/cannot perform then the next highest finisher may bet asked to perform.

ballerynna

Rinkside
When exactly is the Gala? I was wondering since I'm pretty sure the pairs skaters are just hanging around the Olympic village since this isn't like the Summer Games where players can go home after their competitions if they don't want to attend the closing ceremony.

Tenorguy

On the Ice
Sorry folks I hope he stays in LA. IMHO he should never have won because his skating is sloppy, stiff and he's awkward. Sometimes when he kicks frontwise (made up word) he reminds me of a can-can dancer. Most of the comments I have read are in agreement with this conclusion; blame the judges!!

I don't think anyone would call Evan's skating sloppy.... even those who do not like his skating: safe, steady, even boring he may be. Sloppy - NO. Coming out of jumps he is lickety split clean.

ademption

Rinkside
I'm looking forward to the gala and Evan's skate. I don't particularly care for his style, but I do think it will be interesting to see his transition from amateur to pro. I hope he starts revealing his personality a bit more during his exhibitions. Perhaps he can have as successful a professional career as Scott Hamilton or Kurt Browning? I don't know. He's so tall. Maybe he could work with Robin Cousins who also had height issues? I'm not exactly sure what he needs to do to make his programs more exciting....

seniorita

Record Breaker
Since Johnny wont be in gala :)no:) can someone please forward to Plushy my request to skate to Lady Gaga??? That would make me feel miles better:)