Olympic Athlete Mirai Nagasu Walks Us Through Her Short Program | Golden Skate

Olympic Athlete Mirai Nagasu Walks Us Through Her Short Program

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I still find it odd that Mirai is planning the 3/3 in the SP and not in the freeskate. Didn't she try a 3/3 back 2007 in the SP when she won but not in the freeskate? I wonder why that is.

janetfan

Match Penalty
I think she looks great. She's my little dark pony. Go, Mirai! :love: :rock:

I love this girl and hope she is able to skate her best in Vancouver!

I saw Kristi's little fluff piece with Mirai this morning and it was interesting and fun seeing them together and talking about skating.
At the end of the piece they showed Mirai's father in his restaurant making the "Mirai Olympic Sushi roll."
Geez it looked really good :)

After the fluff piece ended Kristi said that Evan has been very nice and a good influence on Mirai.

Go Mirai :love: :love:

At the end of the piece they showed Mirai's father in his restaurant making the "Mirai Olympic Sushi roll."
Geez it looked really good :)

After the fluff piece ended Kristi said that Evan has been very nice and a good influence on Mirai.

Go Mirai :love: :love:
When I was in LA recently I tried to locate Mirai's family's restaurant but without success. Maybe next time! I'd love to have a Mirai Olympic Sushi roll even if it's in 2011! I'm sure she will be totally memorable.

Evan's support of Mirai is one very lovely thing about him! He will certainly inspire her now!

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I still find it odd that Mirai is planning the 3/3 in the SP and not in the freeskate. Didn't she try a 3/3 back 2007 in the SP when she won but not in the freeskate? I wonder why that is.

She already has a 2a-3t and a solo 3t planned in the FS so she wouldn't be able to do a 3lz-3t in the FS without changing her jump layout and it's probably too late for that. Plus the 2a-3t is worth a lot of points and is risky enough so that I don't think she needs to try a 3lz-3t AND a 2a-3t in the LP. I think she should go for it in the SP though if she feels comfortable, i'm sure it will depend on whether she lands it in practice before and Frank Carroll will advise her to do it or not based on what he thinks. So excited for tomorrow, hope Mirai rocks it! :agree:

janetfan

Match Penalty
Thinking about this and listening to Mirai's narrated SP clip she says she has more concentration in her SP. I think if she were to try it the SP is the best place for it. If she nails it and her other elemets she will probably palce in the top 3 for the SP.

SL is right and that adding it to her LP would mean a change in her jump layout. Plus Mirai has had more problems with URS in her LP so maybe Frank thinks it is better not to change it.
Go Mirai