Men's ... The Olympic Champion of YOUR!!! heart? | Golden Skate

Men's ... The Olympic Champion of YOUR!!! heart?

Men's ... The Olympic Champion of YOUR!!! heart?

• Total voters

jennylovskt

Medalist
Plushenko! But I wished if not Plushenko, then Joubert, or Lambiel, or Takahashi, or Abbott, or even Oda.:cry::cry::cry:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The champion of my heart is Alexei. :love::love: Evan won so that makes it objective, not subjective.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Stephane Lambiel has half of my heart and Jeremy Abbott has the other half . . . it's totally okay, I have enough love to go around for both of them! :love::love:

Justafan

On the Ice
Johnny...in a strictly maternal way! When I was younger the skater who made my heart go pitty-pat was Sergei Grinkov.

Ren

On the Ice
Daisuke! I was hoping he'd land the quad clean, but I thought he might not be able to, based on practice reports and previous competitions. Even prepared for the eventuality, it still stunned me when he stumbled. I wish he was like the old Dai (pre-injury); we wouldn't be talking about 'Cold War' (ugh) then. But I admire him for going for it, and still delivering a great skate.

emma

Record Breaker
Truthfully, I was rooting for all three Japanese, Chan, Abbot, Lambiel (in no particular order), and Joubert AND I just knew Evan was going to bring it (so, I saved my energy), just knew Plushenko was formidable (so saved my energy), and didn't think Weir could medal but wanted him to have great skates (which he did, and I loved it, but again, saved my fan energy). It is amazing to me that the men's field is just so, so deep. I feel sad that some many men didn't skate as they wished/could; had they all skated clean I would have loved any podium.

ChelleC

Rinkside
Definitely Daisuke. If he'd just landed the quad, or maybe left it out. ;)

My sentimental favorite was always Lambiel.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Daisuke and Joubert. But after seeing the top 3 skated, the Olympic champion of my heart is Evgeni Plushenko.

BigJohn

On the Ice
Oda had my favorite program, Chan is my favorite all around skater, but Lysacek, who I do not like, won it fair and square, his victory unquestionable. So Lysacek it is, he skated and behaved like a true champ.

ARipp42014

Medalist
Since Stephane was tight and Jeremy was too far behind, my :love: belongs to Daisuke! *sighs* If only he landed that quad.

But I still congratulate Evan on winning the title.