Men's ... The Olympic Champion of YOUR!!! heart? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Men's ... The Olympic Champion of YOUR!!! heart?

Men's ... The Olympic Champion of YOUR!!! heart?

• Total voters

Alatariel

On the Ice
I just about voted Dai as I rooted for him but then decided to switch to Johnny for one simple reason - the poor thing really had it hard. They hammered him for the most ridiculous reasons, his personality and life-style choices included, in both SP and LP and Dai did get a medal so the vote goes to Johnny, the underdog and let's hope against hope that the drone doesn't show up in Torino and that Johnny gets a chance there! Would love to see him on the podium!

Nadine

Record Breaker
:love:KING PLUSHENKO "ONE OF THREE IMMORTALS" IS THE ONE & ONLY OLYMPIC CHAMPION OF MY HEART:love: (I'm like Elizabeth Taylor in that way; she was MJ's fan till the bitter end, come what way, through thick & thin; while others fled, she stayed)

iriseyes

Rinkside
Kozuka! Kozuka! Kozuka! Just too sweet. I finally got to meet him, and he did not disappoint! Seeing him land that quad... it was my Olympic moment :) Daisuke has been calling him "Sochi-no Hope" (the hope of Sochi-- for Japan, of course). I believe it!

(Oh, and Johnny for silver because his performance was the only one that really reached waaaaay up to the cheap seats I had, and Patrik for bronze because... well... I AM a Canadian!)

SweetPea21307

Rinkside
I love Johnny and Evan and they both have a place in my heart, but since Evan is the real Olympic Champion, my vote goes to Johnny. He deserved way better than what those nasty judges did to him; Johnny deserved at least the bronze medal and after Plushenko's less than stellar fs, I would go as far as to say silver. Johnny willl always be the Olympic Champion of my heart--no one else consistently blows me away like Johnny Weir (Evan is a close second though).

Raatkirani

On the Ice
Champion of my heart? Easy. Johnny. He broke my heart and made me cry Thursday night. The only program that brought me to tears. His heartfelt performance was the highlight of the games for me thus far. I would have loved to see Plushenko win gold because I admire his athletic prowess (which is what I think is the hallmark of men's skating), but had Dai landed that quad, I wanted him on top of that podium. He was the truly the most balanced skater, with both amazing athleticism and great artistry.

Jemy

Rinkside
Champion of my heart? Easy. Johnny. He broke my heart and made me cry Thursday night. The only program that brought me to tears. His heartfelt performance was the highlight of the games for me thus far.

I agree!! Absolute, perfect champion of my heart - Johnny, only Johnny...

Lotta

On the Ice
Among the podium, it's Daisuke!

But overall, it's Joubert. He bombed this Olympics but he'll always have his 06-07 season. :)

magicalwords

On the Ice
I never really liked Johnny that much, but after the men's event he is the Champion in my heart. It wasn't about difficult elements, it wasn't about whether you underrotated a jump or jumped with a wrong edge; he brought something different that others didn't, and that was more than enough for me.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
shocking, I know, but I voted Evan...

and I'm pleased to see he's not last in this poll :laugh:

my heart's podium is Evan, Stephane, and Johnny (starts to sing one of these things is not like the other...)

Dick Button. :laugh:

Honestly, I wanted Stephane to get it. His long from 07-08 was the best of this Olympic cycle, his movement is just so :cool:

aftertherain

Record Breaker
Daisuke, because he skated with more fire and passion (and waaaaaaaaaay better artistry) than anyone else in the field that night. Damn quad. =/

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I predicted Plushenko to win, but in my heart I rooted for Lysacek. Such a pity that Takahashi did not get the silver medal, he would have deserved it better than the over-scored Plushenko.

formersk8ter

On the Ice
Oda. I'm heartbroken he had such a rough free skate, with the lace, plus he looked scared to death.

I was wishing he'd have a perfect skate, and throw the 4-3 as he did it so beautifully in practice. (And his is so much more gorgeous than Plushy's!)

RumbleFish

Rinkside
I voted for Plushenko.
Even with crappy footwrok and mediocre spins, he showed such presence of a champion.
I was surprised by my self actually liking his kiss blowing and posing acts. :p
I guess legends aren't legends for nothing.

BTW, I thought Lysacek deserved the OGM under the current scoring system.

Last edited: