View Poll Results: Men's ... The Olympic Champion of YOUR!!! heart?

Voters
499. You may not vote on this poll
  • Evan Lysacek

91 18.24%
  • Evgeny Plushenko

71 14.23%
  • Daisuke Takahashi

145 29.06%
  • Stephane Lambiel

66 13.23%
  • Patrick Chan

15 3.01%
  • Johnny Weir

81 16.23%
  • Dennis Ten

0 0%
  • Other (State!)

30 6.01%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Men's ... The Olympic Champion of YOUR!!! heart?

Custom Title
    I voted for Daisuke, whom I've loved and hoped for since I first saw him skate. He excels at everything a skater needs, both muscle and poetry. His skating always reaches me. But since things turned out the way they did, I feel that Lysacek deserves his medal. Moreover, the way he has conducted himself in the days since winning, I'm thrilled to have Evan represent both skating and my country. The articulate graciousness of his response when Bob Costas interviewed him showed a mature, self-possessed guy who knows how to think before he opens his mouth. As for other skaters, I adore Lambiel and was so glad to see him back for these Olympics, even if not at his peak. His short program especially was magnificent to behold, especially the footwork, which reflected the music perfectly.

A lovely sidelight to Evan's win is that Frank Carroll finally has an Olympic champion. He's been one of my favorite coaches since he worked with Michelle Kwan, and I know that Lysacek wanted to do Carroll proud as well as to win for himself.

Throwing tomatoes at corrupt judges Audrey19's Avatar
    Definitely Daisuke, he really was the best throughout this competition, as this sport is called figure skating or, in other languages artistic skating. My olympic champion 2010.
    Stephane was unfortunately far from being his best. No matter what happens, he will always own some part of my heart.

Tripping on the Podium
    Takahashi!!!
    Last edited by roma; 02-23-2010 at 09:08 AM.

Johnny - his artistry was transcendent. Put in a quad - and he would have been there. Politics couldn't have affected it then. Do it for World's and medal!

Nobody.
    Relatively speaking, I think it'd have made better sense if Plush had gotten the Gold. But his SP performance was rather cold and his LP was not really memorable.
    I'm okay that Evan didn't have a quad, but his most difficult jump, 3A, seems too iffy to be the Oly Champ.
    Dai did well and I liked him performance-wise. But he was really tight on some of his jumps.
    I'd have wanted to see Nobu and Tomas do well, but Nobu was tight and Tomas bombed.
    Johnny was very clean and I wish if he had had the Bronze.
    It would have been a beautiful podium to look at if we had Steph, Joubert, and Johnny.

Custom Title
    I was really hoping Contesti would do well here, but he bombed , he is one of the most entertaining skaters out there! Also enjoyed Michal Brezina, too bad about the mistakes in the LP. His 3a is gorgeous!

Custom Title
    My heart said Stephane, but a Stephane who is his normal self. I know he couldn't have won with his performance here.

The Future Mrs. Evan Lysacek #1Kerryfan's Avatar
    Evan Evan Evan!!!
    In my mind and in the standings

Eville Eastern Bloc Poster
    Oh, and btw., I've voted for Dai , could've been Johnny as well, they did the only (magnificent!) programs I'll watch more than once from this disastrous Olympic Men's event ...

None of the first two guys would've deserved a Gold medal, neither dull-duller-Lysacek with his ugly little slide rule crap nor Plush and his "I'm-Plushenko-just-fax-me-the-Gold"-attitude. Disgusting beyond words!
    Last edited by Germanice; 02-24-2010 at 02:00 AM.

Evan. And in my heart Johnny won the silver with Tai the bronze.

Rinkside
    Brian Joubert. Guy who deserved it more than anyone else.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ilmiom View Post
    Brian Joubert. Guy who deserved it more than anyone else.
    Not with those skates. But I agree I love Brian and had he skated up to his potential here I think he would have/should have won.

Tripping on the Podium
    Evgeny Plushenko is the one and only olympic champion! Lysacek´s gold medal is as we say in germany INAKZEPTABEL!!!!!
    I´m so proud of Plushy. The jump of the podium was great, his platin medal on his website was great.... because..... his short and free program with clean QUADS was great.

This system is not okay! See what´s happend with Joubert, Verner and Abbott, three great skaters who are able to land the quad. Therefore, all this skaters (also Plushy) are capable of doing beautiful things on the ice. They are not only jumpers!!!
    And take a look on free program results. Plushenko lost with his technical marks. C´mon, that´s more than a joke.
    When I see all this, I loose my passion for this sport. Figure skating is not a politic lobby house!!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by evplu View Post
    Evgeny Plushenko is the one and only olympic champion! Lysacek´s gold medal is as we say in germany INAKZEPTABEL!!!!!
    I´m so proud of Plushy. The jump of the podium was great, his platin medal on his website was great.... because..... his short and free program with clean QUADS was great.

This system is not okay! See what´s happend with Joubert, Verner and Abbott, three great skaters who are able to land the quad. Therefore, all this skaters (also Plushy) are capable of doing beautiful things on the ice. They are not only jumpers!!!
    And take a look on free program results. Plushenko lost with his technical marks. C´mon, that´s more than a joke.
    When I see all this, I loose my passion for this sport. Figure skating is not a politic lobby house!!!
    I agree. I tend to think Abbott and Verner must get very nervous because they are both so talented but really seem to struggle at high-pressure events. I'm still hoping they stick around and become more consistent, they are two of my favorites!

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    Definitely Daisuke. IMHO,he deserved greater PCS in the SP.. some others deserved less. Things might have shaken out differently...I think all gave everything they could though. Happy he won first Japanese men's O. medal.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast