Predict Ladies top 5 at USA Nationals!!! | Golden Skate

Predict Ladies top 5 at USA Nationals!!!

Taan

On the Ice
1.sasha - it is "her" season everything is pointing to her reigning supreme this year

2.michelle kwan - turns in a beautiful if conservative 6 triple performance with no tripletriple...loses to sasha on a controversial 5-4 split

3. Amber Cowin- has a breakthrough performance including a 3toe3toe

4. Angela Nikodinov - has a "personal best" performance but just misses the podium

5 - Ap mcdonough

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
1. Sasha (not that I want it, predictions aren't wants after all)
2. Jennie Kirk
3. Angela Nikodinov
4. AP McDonnough
5. Amber Corwin

I have a feeling MK will take the year off... or maybe I'm hoping that so we get a different skater going to worlds this year... ;)

The US Nats are a long way off. :rolleye:

What's the purpose of early predicting? Some poster thought it would be great to predict the Campbells's without ever seeing the new programs of the skaters. From 20 responses to the Campbells predictions, only 5 were correct. A very poor show for all those soothsayers. And from all the predictions it seemed to me that posters were just 'wishing' for the favorite to win - not really an intelligent prediction, imo.:eek:

My question, therefore, should I really pedict the winner (Timothy Goebel) or wish my favorite (Johnny Weir) as the winner?:confused:

There! I just did both.:)

BTW, I'm using men as examples so as not to get too involved with favorite ladies who will not be well thought out predictions.

Joe

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
The US Nats are a long way off.

What's the purpose of early predicting? Some poster thought it would be great to predict the Campbells's without ever seeing the new programs of the skaters. From 20 responses to the Campbells predictions, only 5 were correct. A very poor show for all those soothsayers. And from all the predictions it seemed to me that posters were just 'wishing' for the favorite to win - not really an intelligent prediction, imo.

Same here...I agree, I don't really see the point of predicting on the whole actually...I mean, anything can happen. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it, just that I choose not to predict the outcomes of events anymore.

When the event is one or two weeks away, then we can probably make more "reasonable" predictions.

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
Well, I think that the whole point of predicting something is being missed here. It is for trivial enjoyment...I seriously doubt that anyone is backing these predictions up with their car titles. It is for fun! Loosen up! It is interesting to see how people can view things so differently.

skatepixie

On the Ice
Want:
Sasha
NNN
Angela
Bebe
Jenny
AP
Kwan

Think (If kwan Goes):
Sasha
Kwan
Jenny/AP/NNN
Jenny/AP/NNN
Jenny/AP/NNN
Bebe
Angela

BronzeisGolden said:
Well, I think that the whole point of predicting something is being missed here. It is for trivial enjoyment...I seriously doubt that anyone is backing these predictions up with their car titles. It is for fun! Loosen up! It is interesting to see how people can view things so differently.

Agree!! I've loosened. It's just fun trivia. It's basically picking your favorite skater for most fans. Hardly interesting. If the poster does give a rationale about the skaters picked, then it would be interesting.

Yet the timing of this fun trivia is a bit soon. I would prefer if we had a fun trivia of predciting the finalists in the GP and the Winner. Sasha will be in the Finals; Liashenko most probably. Any others?

Joe

peachstatesk8er

On the Ice
Joesitz said:
I would prefer if we had a fun trivia of predciting the finalists in the GP and the Winner. Sasha will be in the Finals; Liashenko most probably. Any others?

Joe

New thread for that please? Things get off track here enough as it is.

Predictions for Nats:

Kwan (because she hasn't done diddly all season and will be fresher for the big day)

Sasha

Jenny

AP

Angela if she goes/ Amber if Angela doesn't

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
  1. Michelle (she is always the best at Nationals)
  2. Sasha
  3. Ann Patrice
  4. Jenny
  5. Amber
  6. Bebe
    [/list=1]
    Unfortunately, I don't believe in Angela's chances anymore...

gracefulswan

On the Ice
i think sasha's year is here folks... i believe she'll take the title at nationals and possibly worlds if she can be that consistent.:p

gracefulswan

On the Ice
oh, i would love for jenny to be on the podium.... she's been around for quite some time now and should be making a name for herself seriously pretty soon.. kwan and cohen might not be the only ones challenging for that next olympic gold (and maybe ota?)..... we'll see how she develops

maxell1313

Rinkside
How it might go:

Michelle
Sasha
Jenny
AP
Yebin

However, due to some uber-fans who cause me to dislike certain skaters simply because they (the uber-fans) don't know when to quit, it also wouldn't disappoint me if things went like this:

Michelle
Jenny
Yebin
AP
Bebe
Amber
Sasha

IMO.

StillBlueLake

Rinkside
Think will happen:

1) Michelle
2) Sasha
3) Jenny or AP

Want to happen (because I'm EVILLLE)

1) Michelle
2) Jenny
3) AP
4) Amber
5) Sasha

MasterF

Rinkside
Predictions

Ladies

1. Kwan - because she is the queen
2. Sasha - Yes, she is winning everything out there but she is still just as consistent as she was last year.
3. Kirk - She is demanding attention early in the season and getting it. She looks on fire this year.
4. AP - She just doesn't seem to be on, yet. Last year her MB program looked hot early in the season.
4. NNN - If she can skate clean, but we won't know till she makes it to nationals and see her with our own eyes. She is a big question mark ?????????????????
4. Bebe - If she is healthy and skates at a 150% level
7. MOK- I have a feeling she was just a fluke last year. I have seen in years past and she could never hold it together
8. Amber - She is just not that good a skater and never will be.
9. everyone else

Men

1. Weiss - not my favorite, but who knows
1. Tim - he can win if he skates clean
3. Weir - I saw him and he looks ready
3. Savoie - does anyone know what he is doing
5. Smith - maybe he can sneak into third, but I doubt it.
6. Ryan - how do we spell C-H-O-K-E
7. everyone else.

giseledepkat

Rinkside
Well, no doubt about it, Michelle and Sasha are the class of the field, so they will end up...wherever they place themselves! I also agree with Mathman, I think this will be Jenny's year to stand on the podium. So in all likelihood, I predict the podium will be some arrangement of those three (assuming the Kween graces us with her presence! -- [said non-sarcastically] )

But I will be rooting lustily for my threesome of underdogs -- Yebin, Angela, and Naomi! If even one of them makes the podium I will be so happy! :love:

BravesSkateFan

Medalist
What I think will happen

1. Michelle
2. Sasha
3. Jenny
4. AP

What I want:

1. Michelle
2. Sasha/AP
3. Sasha/AP
4. Jenny

berthes ghost

Final Flight
I've based this on past seasons and what's happend so far this one.

1. MK - She's got presentation down to muscle memory, plus she probably could care less if she wins or not. Relaxed attitude coupled with mature style gives her the edge.

2. Jenny gets to play Cinderella and wows us all with 2 clean, pretty performances

3. Sasha - Ballooned by her early season wins, she wants it so bad she can taste it, and she chokes.

4. A-P - she's been knocking on the door and is very close to being let in, she too chokes with nerves.

5. Bebe - reminds everyone that she's the next generation.

I don't think that Sarah will show and am having my doubts about Angela showing as well.