It is hard to believe that they'd continue the long-distance coaching relationship for the next 4 years. They didn't meet between CoR and Oly and she is going back to Japan again to practice for Worlds.
Potential coaches I could think of.
- Nobuo Sato wouldn't have female rivals of Mao if Yukari leaves competitive skating next season. Learning from Mr. Sato is good because his wife Kumiko and their daughter Yuka Sato also would back you up. But I think Mr. Sato is in Tokyo.
- Takeshi Honda teaches Dai parttime. Where does he live?
- Mao's original coach, Machiko Yamada, is based in Nagoya and is also associated with her Univ. But perhaps Ms. Yamada wouldn't want to travel with Mao all over the world for the next four years because of her age. Actually this may be the same for Mr. Sato!
- Mr. Nagakubo is known as a jump coach and he is now in Nagoya. He was kind enough to say that he could give Mao advice after 4CC. But I am not sure if Akiko and Mao could share a coach.
- I think that a jump coach who studies CoP seriously would be good for Mao. Shizuka Arakawa would be wonderful but perhaps too busy for many other things in her life.
- A former Olympian Mr. Yutaka Higuchi (Yukina Ota's coach) is an artistic choreographer whose students are known for beautiful skating. But he may be known more as an ice dancing coach. I used to skate in the same rink with him and he is the most respected coach. But his pupils were not really the best jumpers in the rink. Yet, I'd love to see him coreograph Mao's programs. He has real class. Yet, again he is in Tokyo.
- I wonder where Ms. Mie Hamada (Yukina Ota's original coach) is based now.
- Midori Ito also seems to be associated with Mao's Univ. I am not sure where she lives now though after the remarriage. Although she is a wonderful jumper, I am not sure how well she does as a coach. She is not really analytical or knowledgeable about CoP.
- A TV commentator and former olympian Ms. Junko Yaginuma may be a good one because she is very smart and calm and knows the system very well. But I have never heard how good she may be as a jump coach.