Page 3 of 125 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies' LP

I think Joannie's skate in the short program exemplifies the spirit of the Olympics. What a brave performance. I have a feeling that she's going to do very well in the free skate. If she skates well, she can top Mao for silver. Gold would require mistakes from Yuna which at this point is unlikely. I just hope that we see as great of skating in the free skate as in the short program. Really looking forward to this. Good luck to all the ladies.

Go marry the quad if you love it so much DesertRoad's Avatar
    Dear baby Jesus, please don't let the podium results come down to a tech call on a downgrade. Yes, I realize it's got to happen at a major competition at some point to get the system fixed. But let it be some other competition, maybe in pairs, which no one gives a crap about anymore since Shen/Zhao re-retired. A-to-the-men.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nghtvsn View Post
    Is Mao not going to have a 3/3 in her program? I watched her nationals routine and it seems like a waste of points to not have a 3/3 somewhere. Why wouldn't she have it in her free skate?
    If the tech caller will be the same as in the SP she should try one. If Miki's was ratifed....

Whippet Good!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    If the tech caller will be the same as in the SP she should try one. If Miki's was ratifed....
    But Miki's wasn't ratified. She got downgraded on the loop and got credit for the solo flip because it was borderline.

Proud Sarah Hughes Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertRoad View Post
    Yes, I realize it's got to happen at a major competition at some point to get the system fixed.
    It already has, see 2008 Worlds.

Custom Title
    I agree with a lot that is already written here. I feel that we are truly privileged to see skaters of this calibre competing with one another at the top. May they all fare well in the Free Skate, and may competing in this event have a healing effect on Joannie's heart.

Yu-Na, Mao, Joannie: you are all superb. Thank you for giving us a Short Program that we shall never forget.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodhiyel View Post
    I agree with a lot that is already written here. I feel that we are truly privileged to see skaters of this calibre competing with one another at the top. May they all fare well in the Free Skate, and may competing in this event have a healing effect on Joannie's heart.

Yu-Na, Mao, Joannie: you are all superb. Thank you for giving us a Short Program that we shall never forget.
    Agree, May they all do well in the Free. Hope a good free program helps Joannie heal. She has so much support.

Custom Title
    Read the protocol, Miki's combo wasn't ratified. It was DG to 3-2 with negative GOE.
    Her 3F was also with negative GOE.

More tweets and FB statuses thanks to nbcolympics.com

Rachael's FB status: Thank you for the support everyone! I am so excited about my short program. I'm off to practice now... I love being at the Olympics!

Joannie's FB status from her fan page: Hey everyone, this isn't Joannie herself, this is her helper and the other admin of the Fan Page. Many people have been wondering where they can send cards of condolences, and here is where they can go Thank you again for all of the support you've shown for her during this difficult time. Joannie Rochette c/o David... Baden MG 304 Park Avenue South, 5th Floor New York, NY 10010 USA

Other tweets: Johnny is going on an adventure, Evan's back in Vancouver, Charlie (White) laughing it out after being poked fun of on The Colbert Report, and a sick Jeremy spent last night playing Halo and not watching the Ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by ARipp42014 View Post
    a sick Jeremy spent last night playing Halo and not watching the Ladies.
    Wow. Gentle artistic Jeremy plays Halo? That is so sexy to me...

Custom Title
    She can barely do a 3-2. Did you even watch the SP?

Custom Title
    If Joannie, Mao and Yu-Na go clean in their LP's, what is their potential scoring range?

If TEB is anything to go by, Yu-Na got 133 there with a missed 3F. Given that there is general inflation at the Olympics, could she potentially score 140 with her FS? If so, her total would be a monstrous ~218.

Quote Originally Posted by Figure88 View Post
    She can barely do a 3-2. Did you even watch the SP?

I would like to see you do a 3+2, then.

:sheesh:

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by MikiAndoFan#1 View Post

I would like to see you do a 3+2, then.

:sheesh:
    Your point doesn't even make any sense.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by Figure88 View Post
    Your point doesn't even make any sense.
    She/he means that if you can't do it, then don't say she is incapable of.

Page 3 of 125 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 53 103 ... LastLast