Page 122 of 125 FirstFirst ... 22 72 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 1863

Thread: Ladies' LP

  1. #1816
    Custom Title figuristka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Finland & Canada
    Posts
    1,367
    Thanks loved the pics of Mao happier, she should be so proud of that silver medal. Loved the clips of the baby american's

  2. #1817
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,980
    Whoever said they thought that only Mao and Mirai out of the top 6 would be at Sochi, I tend to think Lepisto will be there too. She's only 21 and in Europe they often stick around for longer, I'd love to see her continue to compete and develop consistency. If she keeps performing like she did here, I think she could potentially win a World medal sometime in the near future.

    Also, does anyone know what Rachael plans to do next year? I mean she's gotten into Stanford already, I know she said she plans to continue skating but do people think she'll be able to maintain the level she's at now with all the changes she'll have to make in coaching, training, lifestyle etc when she goes to college?

  3. #1818

  4. #1819
    Custom Title christinaskater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    1,486
    The great thing about Brian Orser and David Wilson is they know how to maximize every point possible from the COP!

    Each move of Yu-Na, each entrance or ending to a jump or spin all earn points for GOE!!! Simply amazing

    I think Yu-Na deserved her score because of their mastery of the COP!


    I think Frank should also get David Wilson to help Mirai! Mirai is going to be the biggest skating star after Yu-Na! Since Mao is not retiring I am thrilled about the possible match up between Asada and Nagasu in Soichi

    Soichi looks really promising with Nagasu, Gao, Zhang, Flatt, Wagner- battling it out in the US, Kanako and Mao, the Russian skaters, the new generation of amazing Korean skaters

  5. #1820
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    572
    Quote Originally Posted by christinaskater View Post
    The great thing about Brian Orser and David Wilson is they know how to maximize every point possible from the COP!

    Each move of Yu-Na, each entrance or ending to a jump or spin all earn points for GOE!!! Simply amazing

    I think Yu-Na deserved her score because of their mastery of the COP!


    I think Frank should also get David Wilson to help Mirai! Mirai is going to be the biggest skating star after Yu-Na! Since Mao is not retiring I am thrilled about the possible match up between Asada and Nagasu in Soichi
    No question Yuna has a great team around her. Tracy Wilson helping her with step sequence and Sandra Bezic choosing the Bond Music.

    But none of that would have mattered if Yuna was not able to go down there and find it deep within herself to put the programs down when it counted. For that, this is her medal and she is the champion.

  6. #1821
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    23
    This is just a random observation, but after watching the medal ceremony (I taped it), I just realized that this current bunch of skaters isn't very "huggy" or interactive with one another on the podium (when they all step up to the top at the end). I remember Michelle Kwan, Irina Slutskaya, Sarah Hughes, etc. would talk to one another and put their arms around each other when posing for pictures...

  7. #1822
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,980
    Quote Originally Posted by karenll View Post
    This is just a random observation, but after watching the medal ceremony (I taped it), I just realized that this current bunch of skaters isn't very "huggy" or interactive with one another on the podium (when they all step up to the top at the end). I remember Michelle Kwan, Irina Slutskaya, Sarah Hughes, etc. would talk to one another and put their arms around each other when posing for pictures...
    The asian culture as a general rule is not very huggy and Joannie's mom just died so....yeah, not surprised.

  8. #1823
    Always Believed! Sk8n Mama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    520
    Wonder what she thinks of her ex-bf winning a gold and bronze yesterday?
    She tweeted him, "Felicitations!" (Congratulations!) Saw him on CTV interview. He's kinda cute.

  9. #1824
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    The asian culture as a general rule is not very huggy and Joannie's mom just died so....yeah, not surprised.
    Mao and Yuna are not huggy with one another or other skaters in other comps either. Probably is the asian culture thing.

  10. #1825
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,980
    Quote Originally Posted by Sk8n Mama View Post
    She tweeted him, "Felicitations!" (Congratulations!) Saw him on CTV interview. He's kinda cute.
    Ahh Joannie and Speed Skater boy broke up? Since when? I thought they were going to get married!

  11. #1826
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    675
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Ahh Joannie and Speed Skater boy broke up? Since when? I thought they were going to get married!
    They were living together, but apparently they're still friends - I had read that he had to talk to the team psychologist after Joannie's mom died. Joannie's newer boyfriend is Guillaume Gfeller, Canadian ice dancer (4th at Canadians last year, 7th this year)

  12. #1827
    Away with the ice dancing faeries Cadiva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by screech View Post
    David Wilson IMO is the COP guru. He knows how to milk it for everything its worth. I mean, look at Jeff - he personified what COP was after. It helps that Jeff and Kim have the natural ability to work with most pieces of music in most every way, but they have a choreographer who knows their strengths and uses them to eek every tiny smidge of a point he can. He did the same thing when Dubreuil/Lauzon went to him and suddenly they jumped from 7th at worlds to 2nd (just barely missing the gold)
    Yup

  13. #1828
    it's olympic season :D bethissoawesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    NYC; Tokyo
    Posts
    495
    Quote Originally Posted by Artistry View Post
    Well, this sound interesting. He does seem to be a great choreographer and someone who enjoys figuring out the system and at the same time making the program seem natural. But then why did commentators and others note that Johnny didn't have enough transitions and that his program wasn't Cop friendly, (to explain why he was given low marks in men's sp and lp?) I'm just wondering...
    I personally really liked his programs, and I think there were some beautiful transitional movements - his skating itself between elements has that flowing quality which transitions try to capture in the first place...
    In the show, when he took back the program (with Wilson's choreography added) back to Galina (his coach), she decided to rework almost all of the choreography to "put her stamp on it," so to speak. Galina didn't go with Johnny when he was working with David Wilson (something that seems pretty counter-productive). David Wilson was very light-hearted and fun... he even wanted to put, as he called them "*** swivels" into Johnny's program lol, but Galina wouldn't have it. She wanted it her way or no way at all.

  14. #1829
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,980
    Quote Originally Posted by screech View Post
    They were living together, but apparently they're still friends - I had read that he had to talk to the team psychologist after Joannie's mom died. Joannie's newer boyfriend is Guillaume Gfeller, Canadian ice dancer (4th at Canadians last year, 7th this year)
    Wow, that didn't take long.

  15. #1830
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by karenll View Post
    This is just a random observation, but after watching the medal ceremony (I taped it), I just realized that this current bunch of skaters isn't very "huggy" or interactive with one another on the podium (when they all step up to the top at the end). I remember Michelle Kwan, Irina Slutskaya, Sarah Hughes, etc. would talk to one another and put their arms around each other when posing for pictures...
    Well, it was even surreal for me to see all 3 of them welling up for different reasons.

Page 122 of 125 FirstFirst ... 22 72 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •