Ladies' LP | Golden Skate

Ladies' LP

ehdtkqorl123

On the Ice
Starting order

http://www.vancouver2010.com/olympi...-results/ladies-free-skating_fsw010101pB.html

KARADEMIR Tugba
LAFUENTE Sonia
LIU Yan
GLEBOVA Elena
GIMAZETDINOVA Anastasia
HECKEN Sarah
PHANEUF Cynthia
KORPI Kiira
LEE Cheltzie
MEIER Sarah
SEBESTYEN Julia
KWAK Min-Jung
LEONOVA Alena
SUZUKI Akiko
KOSTNER Carolina
LEPISTO Laura
MAKAROVA Ksenia
GEDEVANISHVILI Elene
FLATT Rachael
ANDO Miki
KIM Yu-Na
ASADA Mao
ROCHETTE Joannie
NAGASU Mirai

----

Yu-Na is sandwiched by Japanese ladies again.. lol
Let's see how Mao does after Yu-Na this time.
Good luck to all skaters. Hope everyone does a clean program!

ARipp42014

Medalist
All I pray is everyone to skate their best and not have an epic meltdown of Hubert proportions!

M

mylastduchess

I have a funny feeling that whatever happens thursday night, a lot of people will still be very unhappy!

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I'm sad for Rochette skating near the end of her flight, because as someone else mentioned in another thread, it will give her more time to get upset between the warm up and the program. Hopefully that doesn't happen though.

clonesheep

Rinkside
Let me say this: Gedevanishvelli was robbed. I watched everyone's SP performance from start to finish via Eurosport. She deserved to be in the final 6. Actually, she deserved to be in the 4th place ahead of Nagasu, Flatt, and Ando. If we recall that Elene also finished top 6 in Torino, it's truly an incredible achievement.

taaak

Rinkside
Let me say this: Gedevanishvelli was robbed. I watched everyone's SP performance from start to finish via Eurosport. She deserved to be in the final 6. Actually, she deserved to be in the 4th place ahead of Nagasu, Flatt, and Ando. If we recall that Elene also finished top 6 in Torino, it's truly an incredible achievement.

exactly! :disapp:
good luck elene in fs! :love:

Marrymeyunakim

On the Ice
Kim goes before Mao so the order of the SP for them is reversed. Mao laid down the challenge today and Kim responded magnificently. If Kim lays down the challenge, and Mao responds accordingly, we could be in for a real treat. In some ways, both a privilege to witness two great talents who, had they been from separate times, could have been two individual OGM winners.

And what about Joannie... she is such a lovely girl. I want her to get bronze, or if Kim runs away with it, battle Mao for the silver. :) I feel bad that there are only three spots on the podium. My other favourite Miki maybe can't make it! :cry:

Last edited:
S

sweethinker

I hoped Yu-Na, Joannie and Miki take the podium, but Mao's SP was wonderful, I have to admit it. Perhaps the best ever I've seen from her.

This time Mao skates after Yu-Na! I guess Yu-Na will bring a briliant performance Thursday night, pressuring Mao just as Mao herself did to Yu-Na in the SP. Good for Yu-Na, since she said she does not favor being the last on ice(even though she had to in most Grand Prix series).

Also interesting to watch Mirai skating last. Can she overcome the burden of the last place and all the emotions right after Joannie?

Wish the best of luck to all skaters, and especially to Joannie. She is so strong.:thumbsup:

Nadia01

Final Flight
Didn't really want Joannie to have to go after Mao or Yu na kim :/

I agree it's really tough.

BUt imagine Mirai going after Yuna, Mao & Joannie.

Regardless of what happens, Joannie will receive a standing-O, and though I can't speak for everyone, I think many of us will cheer for her, including yours truly.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Didn't really want Joannie to have to go after Mao or Yu na kim :/

Joannie has skated directly after Mao many times in competition: 2008 TEB LP, 2009 4CC LP, 2009 Worlds LP, and now, this Olympics LP. I think she's used to being in that position.

Fruit Loops

On the Ice
I think Joannie is going to skate how she's going to skate. Especially given the circumstances in her personal life I don't think a little think like start position will make too much of a difference. I just want her to skate with her heart. Heck, if she really needs to pull out at this point then I would support that too.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
I agree it's really tough.

BUt imagine Mirai going after Yuna, Mao & Joannie.

Regardless of what happens, Joannie will receive a standing-O, and though I can't speak for everyone, I think many of us will cheer for her, including yours truly.

Exactly. While it's hard for me to say results are meaningless, I have to admit the tragedy of the past week and the grace and strength she's showing is worth more than a medal to me. You know what, for all the dumping Canada's taken this season (Perfectly Canadian Scores, the failure of the "Own the Podium" program, the tragedy on the luge and people conflating that with Canada's thirst for medals), I feel moved and proud that this young lady said "yes - even in this time of crisis and grief, I will represent my country at the Olympics."

And if, like Fruit Loops states, she needs to pull out, I will treasure the memory of the short program with all my heart.

screech

Final Flight
I don't think that right now it matters at all to Joannie who she skates after - she could skate after fricken Barbara Ann Scott doing pairs with Katarina Witt and I don't think it would matter much right now to her. But the long wait I think is going to be the hard part - keeping her concentration and focus, not letting her mind wander to circumstances.

nghtvsn

Rinkside
I like how Mao gets to skate after Yu Na. If she nails her program she'll be more likely to have a higher score rather than a new WR score from Yu Na had it been the other way around.

Joannie will have a chance to secure a silver should Mao make a mistake in her routine.

Sk8n Mama

Final Flight
I hope the standings now in the short program is the podium we're gonna get.
Me, too! Let's not jinx it by talking about it too much! ;)
Joannie has skated directly after Mao many times in competition: 2008 TEB LP, 2009 4CC LP, 2009 Worlds LP, and now, this Olympics LP. I think she's used to being in that position.

I think things are different with this skate. She's not going to be listenting to the marks and worrying if there's room for her on the podium; she's just going to be trying to get through it and skate with her heart for her dear mom. No matter how the crowd cheers for Yu-Na and Mao, it will be nothing compared to how the audience is going to respond when Joannie comes out tonight-especially after her skate last night.