Page 10 of 125 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 60 110 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies' LP

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrymeyunakim View Post
    And I want Joannie to get a medal. Lord oh Lord does she deserve it!
    Me too, but I only want her to get one if she skates like she deserves it, not because of being Canadian or for sympathy. If she skates well she'll deserve at least a bronze. But really, with how things are going with her, I don't think it will matter to her either way if she wins gold, or if she comes in 24th right now. I'm hoping she feels the worldwide hug that was there for her in the SP and skates lights out, but if she doesn't that she still feels the love and adoration everyone is having for her right now and knows how proud we all are of her.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by screech View Post
    Me too, but I only want her to get one if she skates like she deserves it, not because of being Canadian or for sympathy. If she skates well she'll deserve at least a bronze. But really, with how things are going with her, I don't think it will matter to her either way if she wins gold, or if she comes in 24th right now. I'm hoping she feels the worldwide hug that was there for her in the SP and skates lights out, but if she doesn't that she still feels the love and adoration everyone is having for her right now and knows how proud we all are of her.

Agreed.

Mao did a clever upbeat Hungarian Dance in 2007, and she won with it. Imo, she has not had the experience of life's sadness to perform Bells. These Ladies in figure skating lead a sheltered life, and can not be expected to grasp the mood of the music. Nevertheless, I believe the competition will be based on the Technical. One mistake by either Yuna or Mao gives the opponent a big advantage. If there are no mistakes by either skater, the Boards will be flooded with 'wuzz robbd'.

Hoping to see that little Australian Lady skate again.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by jenaj View Post
    I think Yu Na will win, barring a mini-meltdown like she had at Skate America. But it is worth noting that Yu Na rarely skates a perfect long program. She usually doubles (or even singles) a jump. She even fell at Skate America. She typically wins with only 5 triples. I don't think any of these mistakes alone will cost her the gold. But the ice is slippery. You never know for sure what's going to happen.
    Kim could have a meltdown if she botches her first 3Lz-3T, like she did in at SA.
    But I don't think it will happen here.
    She looked pretty darn solid in her SP.

Custom Title
    I hope Cheltzie Lee has the skate of her life! LOL She trains at a rink not too far from where I live, and today my aunt was talking her and the kids going to ice skating lessons.

Custom Title
    I think Yu Na will win this but not with an amazing performance. I think she botch the flip or something, but skate okay in the rest of her program. I have a feeling Mao will really shine but will not be enough to get gold. She has a 5 point disadvantage, PCS which are lower and a hell of a lot to do to land two 3A. I think Joannie will have a meltdown today. She probably saw the bigger picture about her mom's death which paradoxically helps. Now that the jb has to be done I think she might not do it. In this case Miki might sneak into the bronze position.
    An all asian podium is a real possibility.

Medalist
    My best wishes to Cheltzie, Ksenia, Min-Jung and all the young ladies.
    They are a joy to watch.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Can please someone pm me the hours of last group in Vancouver time?
    I cant afford stay awake for all so I want to wake up for the last, and it has been already ten pages here, at first I thought they have started to skate already

LOL Seniorita, i got worried too and thought oh no did i get the times mixed up and they already started? I also would love to have the time of the groups and skater's posted. Not found it myself yet.

Time schedule

Go to this page and choose the time shedule for the ladies free skate.
    Last edited by snowflake; 02-25-2010 at 10:57 AM.

Well Rachael will start at 11:06pm EST (that's 8:06pm PST) and Mirai ends at 11:53pm EST (8:53pm). In 13 hours, we'll have a winner!

Too bad I can't stay home tonite and have to watch the first 3 flights from work. I'm not even sure if I'll make it for Rachael on time because of the snow. My co-worker said he'll be at work early so I can catch the final 2 flights (he understands my figure skating love).

Plus the bar will have the USA vs. Canada game so all isn't lost today at work!
    Last edited by ARipp42014; 02-25-2010 at 11:03 AM.

Well Rachael will start at 11:06pm EST (that's 8:06pm PST) and Mirai ends at 11:53pm EST (8:53pm). In 13 hours, we'll have a winner!
    This late night skating is killing me! LOL I was grateful they took a day off yesterday so I could get to bed at a decent time. I'm sure I'll be a zombie tomorrow.

Waiting for on-ice perfection.
    Quote Originally Posted by snowflake View Post
    Go to this page and choose the time shedule for the ladies free skate.
    Thanks!

Custom Title
    I really hope Miki rocks it tonight, but I do find that her weight loss has maybe hurt more than helped her. She looks so thin now and her jumps aren't as huge as usual - please eat Miki! I think she might go all out tonight though and may sneak onto that podium.

Also, didn't Joannie and Miki beat Mao with two ratified 3a's in the LP at worlds last year? Maybe Mao only did one...I don't quite remember

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Also, didn't Joannie and Miki beat Mao with two ratified 3a's in the LP at worlds last year? Maybe Mao only did one...I don't quite remember
    No, Mao UR her 2nd 3Axel and it was DG to a double plus the fall, so she got zero points for the attempt. Plus, Asada UR a 2loop that was DG by the panel and received -GOE too.
    Last edited by museksk8r; 02-25-2010 at 12:36 PM.

Page 10 of 125 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 60 110 ... LastLast