Page 103 of 125 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 1863

Thread: Ladies' LP

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by prettykeys View Post
    First of all, Daniel5555 has every right to express his own opinions. Secondly, isn't it ironic that you speak of "sports forever moving forward" yet you ignore a poster who dismisses the new Olympic ladies champ in lieu of reminiscing about a retired skater? Your chastising seems a little misplaced.

Durrrr.
    Durr...what chastising? It is a fact that it all started when some uber fan talked about best ever skater. Sure s/he is entitled to his/her opinion. I am just stating that s/he started the whole thing.

can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rtureck View Post
    Durr...what chastising? It is a fact that it all started when some uber fan talked about best ever skater. Sure s/he is entitled to his/her opinion. I am just stating that s/he started the whole thing.
    Heaven forbid someone gush about the incumbent World Champion skating clean at the Olympics and earning Gold.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by nddandy View Post
    Perhaps I got carried over with Joy and made an 'early statement' for that comment.

However, It's just the matter of fact that she had the best olympic performance ever..

That was what I should have said. I will correct myself.

For sure, She is on her way to become the BEST ever though.. if not yet
    I guess different ppl have different ideas of best olys performances ever. IMO some of the best olys performance ever was not even from the gold medalist. Janet Lynn comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadia01 View Post
    Another Mao interview -- she's much more composed. She's smiling and she says she's happy. The Oly was a big stage and she wants to do it again. So I think she's sticking around for Sochi.

The reporter talked about her 3As, and she actually smiled while thinking back on it and responding to it.

So I think she's happy about her 3As.

The reporter asked her about her mistakes in LP, and she didn't cry (though she looked a lil sad), so I think she's much much much calmer now. Good for her.

The reporter also asked her what Yuna means -- the rivalry that is. Mao said having Yuna motivates her to work harder to improve her skating. So it didn't sound like she was bitter or upset over her silver. I'm glad to see Mao smile. :-)
    That's good. I can't watch Mao's new interviews because my children are occupying TV now...

Great rivalry. One comentator ( he was a competitive skater) said that Yuna would not score 150 without Mao, and Mao would not do 2 3As without Yuna.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by prettykeys View Post
    Heaven forbid someone gush about the incumbent World Champion skating clean at the Olympics and earning Gold.
    But s/he was not gushing about reigning world champ winning OGM. S/he was prematurely claiming that YuNa is the best ever skater. BTW YuNa is not the only reigning world champ who won OGM. So that is not a basis for making the claim that she is the best ever skater

Rinkside
    I guess different ppl have different ideas of best olys performances ever. IMO some of the best olys performance ever was not even from the gold medalist. Janet Lynn comes to mind.
    Clearly you do..
    Now, I understand your taste and I know why you think Yuna's perf was sleep and zzzzz.

It is so great to appreciate the true artistic performances yet seems impossible to inspire or please them all.

It's your loss by the way and you are truly entitled to your own opinion.

Janet Lynn was great but imcomparable to what Yu Na did tonight in my opinion.

Custom Title
    Wow, what a final, what a final! It honestly makes me wish that instead of seeing the Mens Final live, I had instead watched it on t.v!

Here are my impressions of the last group:

Rachel Flatt -- good job, good job, she kept it together & didn't fall, kudos to her!

Miki Ando -- ditto, btw love her dress! Have loved ALL her dresses this season.

Yuna Kim -- my heart speeded up a bit because I wanted her to skate clean, as I wanted ALL the women to do, and thus far they had. I was honestly happy that she did a great job!

Mao Asada -- OMG, my heart was honestly pumping overtime because I wanted her to skate clean; skate clean I kept saying over & over & over again in my head. And when she hit the first 3A I was happy, but when it came time to go for the second 3A I thought my heart was going to burst out of my chest, that's how fast it was beating. And when she did it, OMG, words fail me, I honestly wanted to go outside & run 100 laps around the neighborhood; I felt like super woman to see another woman do that!!!!!!!! Then I went back to counting triples & saying "skate clean" over & over & over again in my head. The music was AWESOME, I got caught up in the emotion & the moment, thus it was a bit of a blow to see her mess up on the 3F & then almost fall on the next jump, my heart was in my throat at that point. Good comeback with the 2A, and boy was I relieved when she finished because the last half of her program reminded me of watching a Sasha Cohen program, if ya know what I mean. *wink* After that I was just praying she would get a medal because I honestly thought she might be knocked off the podium all together because of the mistakes during the second half of her program. So I was so happy when her marks came up & she scored a new personal best, but still I said to myself there is Joannie & Mirai whom can knock her off the podium all together....

Joannie Rochette -- my eyes misted up to see her do so great, and I kept saying "skate clean, skate clean", which she did! I wanted her to get a medal, but at the same time I didn't want to see Mao knocked off the podium all together, and I remembered Joannie was only 2 pts. behind Mao after the SP, so I was pretty sure it would be close, with most likely Joannie overtaking Mao due to the fact that Joannie did 7 triples to Mao's 3, so at that point my only worry was that I hoped Mao could hang on for a medal, any medal. *worry*

Mirai Nagasu -- OMG, what to say, she is simply AWESOME! The total complete package, the BEST out of all the American women, it was just a joy to watch her skate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And even better to see that she was rewarded justly ~ finishing 4th at her very first Olympics (just like Sasha Cohen did back in 2002) ~ I just wished they gave out a pewter medal for the 4th place finisher. Total superstar!

Lol, okay those were my immediate impressions, and then came the awards ceremonies. What a mix of emotions ~ teary-eyed for Joannie, sad to see Mao so sad when she shouldn't be, she did great! and the music to accompany her entrance was a highlight ~ and then the deserving winner Yuna all smiles & tears on the podium. It was a nice end to a a very good evening of skating.

***Note: Mao's silver medal immediately reminded me of Evgeni's at the same age, and I truly hope to see her skate at Sochi in 2014, and even moreso I hope she matched Evgeni's longevity in this sport I love so much!***

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory View Post
    That's good. I can't watch Mao's new interviews because my children are occupying TV now...

Great rivalry. One comentator ( he was a competitive skater) said that Yuna would not score 150 without Mao, and Mao would not do 2 3As without Yuna.
    I agree with you. I think having a great rival helps one to improve one's skating. I know it gets ubers riled up, really, having two great skaters motivating each other is the best thing for the sport.

Rinkside
    But s/he was not gushing about reigning world champ winning OGM. S/he was prematurely claiming that YuNa is the best ever skater. BTW YuNa is not the only reigning world champ who won OGM. So that is not a basis for making the claim that she is the best ever skater
    BTW... its's not just because she is the reigning WC and now OC that I called her Best EVER.

In my opinion, possible anyone standing in her way to become the Best Ever is Kwan and possible Witt...

I do call her the best because there was never a complete package in Woment's figure skating.. you can argue all you want but I'm sure you can't argue Yuna's clean techniques and true artistry..

Custom Title
    Clearly you do..
    Now, I understand your taste and I know why you think Yuna's perf was sleep and zzzzz.

It is so great to appreciate the true artistic performances yet seems impossible to inspire or please them all.

It's your loss by the way and you are truly entitled to your own opinion.

Janet Lynn was great but imcomparable to what Yu Na did tonight in my opinion.
    Not sure who is losing. Art appreciation is very subjective. I am not comparing Lynn and KIM. I am just saying that IMO the best olys "performance" may not necessarily come from the OGM/ I mean "performance" in the artistic sense. I totally agree agree with the placement, but in terms of touching my heart "performance" IMO YuNa's performace is the most zzz among the top 4, and Nagasu is the most exciting. But competitive fs is a sport, and YuNa certainly deserves her medal

Custom Title
    I really enjoyed watching the all skaters, which gave me energy.

Thank you.

for someone who forgot this, I want to emphasize this.

MAO DID three 3As in her skating!!!!! THATS FANTASTIC! SHE MADE THE HISTORY OF THE LADIES FIGURESKATING!!

Custom Title
    BTW... its's not just because she is the reigning WC and now OC that I called her Best EVER.

In my opinion, possible anyone standing in her way to become the Best Ever is Kwan and possible Witt...

I do call her the best because there was never a complete package in Woment's figure skating.. you can argue all you want but I'm sure you can't argue Yuna's clean techniques and true artistry..
    I haven't argue anything against YuNa's OGM yet. Obviously you have your definition of what makes a skater "best ever". Clean technique, I agree YuNa has clean technique, she is not the only who has clean technique. "True artistry", now that is entirely too subjective. I guess that is why so far in the sports history there has not been an award given to the so call "best ever skater". Anyway why can't fans celebrate their favorite w/o those gushes of "best ever" claims?

Thoughts in general on the ladies' competition

The highlight of the penultimate flight was Leonova's exuberant reaction after her program. The low point was the implosion of Kostner, and to a lesser extent, Gedevanishvili.

I was pretty impressed with all the skaters in the final flight. Rachael really pulled it off to start with, except her spins weren't that impressive. Miki was technically impressive but artistically underwhelming. Yu-Na was perfection, although I think Mao and Joannie skate with more heart. I was happy to see Mao land the two triple axels, but sad to see her mess up later on. I thought it would be a fight for gold with Yu-Na until about the middle of the program when Mao did the single jump and also tripped. I'm glad Joannie got the bronze (more for sentimental reasons, I have to admit). It was a pretty good program, but I've definitely seen her skate better. She seemed tense near the end and I guess as someone mentioned it was because she was behind her music. I didn't know that for sure during the program but my Mom mentioned that it seemed that way and then someone confirmed it on here. I'm a bit surprised that Miki got lower on technical elements than her. I was expecting Joannie to be ahead in the PCS, but techincal elements? I would have thought Miki's were higher.. her jump elements definitely were better.. but maybe she got dinged on spins and footwork or something?? Mirai was amazing, too bad she was back in 6th after the short program or she might have challenged here. I was expecting her to be a little bit closer to Rochette in the FS score too although I guess the 5 or so points she was behind her isn't THAT much. All in all I'm satisfied with the medalists though. Even though it wasn't Joannie's best performance she is a talented skater. I can't wait to see Rachael and Mirai medal in Sochi (hopefully!) I wonder if Mao and Yu-Na will stick around that long.. if so.. and no major changes are made.. maybe Rachael and Mirai won't both medal..

Custom Title
    Can't believe I forgot to say yay Akiko for her first major international event done so so well!

Quote Originally Posted by hikki View Post
    Can't believe I forgot to say yay Akiko for her first major international event done so so well!
    Omg, I completely forgot to mention her. She did have a really good, exuberant LP. I seem to be overusing the word exuberant tonight.

Page 103 of 125 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... LastLast