Page 11 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies' LP

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    I really hope Miki rocks it tonight, but I do find that her weight loss has maybe hurt more than helped her. She looks so thin now and her jumps aren't as huge as usual - please eat Miki! I think she might go all out tonight though and may sneak onto that podium.

Also, didn't Joannie and Miki beat Mao with two ratified 3a's in the LP at worlds last year? Maybe Mao only did one...I don't quite remember
    Mao fell on her first 3A, IIRC. She got the second one ratified.
    Mao did do 2 - 3A in 2008 GPF, but it also didn't hurt that Yu-na completely bombed the SP and was in fifth (or something like that) coming into the LP.

Waiting for on-ice perfection.
    Also, didn't Joannie and Miki beat Mao with two ratified 3a's in the LP at worlds last year? Maybe Mao only did one...I don't quite remember
    I think Mao fell on the 2nd 3A, which was URed... I'll go try to back that up

EDIT: OK nvm, Mrs. P already has the facts
    Last edited by dlgpffps; 02-25-2010 at 12:37 PM.

I am looking forward to how the "new" young ladies will perform tonight. Never saw Chelsea Lee before; impressed! Also excited for Kwak and Lafuente. And I think Hecken has a great future(a bit junior skating yet).

Happy for Yan Liu to make the final and for Nagasu to do so well.

The third group is just so exciting. GO Alena, Akiko, Carolina, Laura, Ksenia and Elene

As for the medals I hope; Rochette, Kim and Asada.

Well, all ladies, skate well, please .....
    Give me happy surprises in my last sleepless night

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by snowflake View Post
    I am looking forward to how the "new" young ladies will perform tonight. Never saw Chelsea Lee before; impressed! Also excited for Kwak and Lafuente. And I think Hecken has a great future(a bit junior skating yet).

The third group is just so exciting. GO Alena, Akiko, Carolina, Laura, Ksenia and Elene

What a nice post, I agree! I wonder if Kwak and Lee will be at Jr. Worlds? It will be an exciting event with Wagner, Gao, Kanako, Shelepen and another Russian girl (unsure which - all are so good) all there!

skating philosopher
    What a nice post, I agree! I wonder if Kwak and Lee will be at Jr. Worlds? It will be an exciting event with Wagner, Gao, Kanako, Shelepen and another Russian girl (unsure which - all are so good) all there!
    Kwak would probably be at senior Worlds. There's still a second spot there, unless the KSF gives it to the person who won Korean Nationals.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Mao fell on her first 3A, IIRC. She got the second one ratified.
    Mao did do 2 - 3A in 2008 GPF, but it also didn't hurt that Yu-na completely bombed the SP and was in fifth (or something like that) coming into the LP.
    Actually, Yu-na was first in the SP by a very small margin, followed by Mao. I think you're thinking about 2008 Worlds, when it comes to the short results. That was the only time Yu-na was so behind in the SP. Yu-na missed the 3Lz in the SP and missed a few jumps in the LP at 2008 GPF. I think Mao also made a mistake in the LP... The numbers are eluding me at the moment.

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by dlgpffps View Post
    Actually, Yu-na was first in the SP by a very small margin, followed by Mao. I think you're thinking about 2008 Worlds, when it comes to the short results. That was the only time Yu-na was so behind in the SP. Yu-na missed the 3Lz in the SP and missed a few jumps in the LP at 2008 GPF. I think Mao also made a mistake in the LP... The numbers are eluding me at the moment.
    Yes, you're right. I think Yuna did a bad LP at 2008 GPF and sucummed to pressure or something since it was in Korea.

I wonder if Kwak and Lee will be at Jr. Worlds? It will be an exciting event with Wagner, Gao, Kanako, Shelepen and another Russian girl (unsure which - all are so good) all there!
    So Wagner is going to juniors? I wished to see her in Vancouver, didn't recognise she is that young. Two good swedish girls at juniors also; Joshi and Angelica. Just saw it starts 8th march and the ISU page with participants. Australia has Jaimee NOBBS listed.

But ...now ... in less than 7 hours ... olympic ladies final ...

skating philosopher
    So Wagner is going to juniors? I wished to see her in Vancouver, didn't recognise she is that young. Two good swedish girls at juniors also; Joshi and Angelica. Just saw it starts 8th march and the ISU page with participants. Australia has Jaimee NOBBS listed.

But ...now ... in less than 7 hours ... olympic ladies final ...
    She's 18. But she's still young enough to go to juniors (19 is the age limit, I believe). She was sent to juniors (for the fourth time?!) as a consolation prize for not getting on the Olympic team.

Custom Title
    Kwak would probably be at senior Worlds. There's still a second spot there, unless the KSF gives it to the person who won Korean Nationals.
    Didn't Kwak win Korean nationals if she is at the Olympics? I would think she would have had to win Korean nationals to make the Olympic team, I don't believe she was on the junior or senior GP curcuit.

skating philosopher
    Didn't Kwak win Korean nationals if she is at the Olympics? I would think she would have had to win Korean nationals to make the Olympic team, I don't believe she was on the junior or senior GP curcuit.
    Nope. Actually the winner was Kim Haejin, who is only 12 years old! (Same age as Yuna when she won her first Korean nationals). So she would be too young to go to either the Olympics or Worlds. (Heck, she might be too young to go to Junior worlds). The bronze medalist is also 12.

Also I believe Kwak was selected before Nationals anyway,

Nope. Actually the winner was Kim Haejin, who is only 12 years old! (Same age as Yuna when she won her first Korean nationals). So she would be too young to go to either the Olympics or Worlds. (Heck, she might be too young to go to Junior worlds). The bronze medalist is also 12.

Also I believe Kwak was selected before Nationals anyway,
    Yea Ji YOON is listed for juniors. Hm ... looks like there is a great future for Korean ladies FS, right, how many new are coming?

I don't think Kwak is going to get much better. She doesn't skate with much speed and her jumps are rather small. Her 3F also looks problemetic. She does have very good flexibility and spirals but not up to the levels of someone like Caroline or Mirai. Her artistry is not there yet, hence the low PCS scores. That could improve with better coaching and choerography but that takes money. I predict that she'll have an average career.

I think the stars of tomorrow are skaters like Nagasu (already a star but even bigger with more development)... and perhaps Kanako and Gao if they improve their jumping techniques and polish their presentation plus some of the young up and coming Russian girls.

I like Amanda Dobbs but she needs to decide whether she wants to focus on just one discipline, singles or pairs. If she wants to focus on singles, she'll need to add more jumps to her repetoir and improve her 3F. She has a lovely prescence on the ice and definitely has the potential to be a star.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix347 View Post
    I think the stars of tomorrow are skaters like Nagasu (already a star but even bigger with more development)... and perhaps Kanako and Gao if they improve their jumping techniques and polish their presentation plus some of the young up and coming Russian girls.
    Nagasu, if she can rotate her jumps. It's so frustrating to see her get dinged for URs all the time. She skates like a champion, but ends up runner-up. I'm actually looking forward to seeing those Russian girls in four years' time. I'm sure they will impress me out of my wits. I'm not sure about Kanako and Gao. I'll have to see more.

BTW the ladies LP in, what, eight hours?!

I cannot believe that the night we've all been anticipating for four years is finally here. Good luck to every skater, from Tugba Karademir all the way through Mirai Nagasu.

Page 11 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 61 111 ... LastLast