Page 111 of 125 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 1863

Thread: Ladies' LP

  1. #1651
    Comeback Queen! ARipp42014's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    1,492
    Watched Yuna's LP again (3rd time) and more and more I'm loving the little things about it. I actually was watching Brian in the background and wow he was jumping along with her. I love that K&C moment after the marks... they knew she won yet Brian just let her have her moment. So sweet!

    Btw, nice article on Yahoo about how her mom couldn't bare to watch!
    http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/van...yhoo&type=lgns
    Last edited by ARipp42014; 02-26-2010 at 12:29 PM.

  2. #1652
    Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    4,989
    Yu-na's spiral as improved a lot since 2007, in her credit she has worked on the extension and her toe point. True she will never have a great spiral, but it is good enough. Personally the straight line step was a bit of a downner, it was at the end of the program, she had done all her jumps perfectly, the music was building, but she just didn't sell it like I wanted her to. I kept thinking of Evan skating his straight line step to that music at worlds last year performing it all the way...I just wanted her to let lose and go for it, but I got the feeling she was being very careful at that point in the program. That final spin with the kettle drums remdeemed the program though.

  3. #1653
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by miki88 View Post
    Yuna deserves to win but the score was just too much. They really did not give a chance for Mao or Joannie (even if they skate clean) to catch up to her and that makes it not really like a competition.
    More like a coronation wouldn't you say!!!!

  4. #1654
    Custom Title demarinis5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,082
    Thanks Morning Glory for reposting Pokky_oc translation of Mao's interview.

  5. #1655
    Mashimaro on Ice
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,419
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo1 View Post
    More like a coronation wouldn't you say!!!!
    Sigh. Somehow I wish Michelle competed under CoP. She could have won I think (both times ).

  6. #1656
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    221
    As I was not on here since the competition and had no time to go through all the posts I only want to share the Eurosports comments on Mirai Nagasu. Sigi Heinrich said that she "is the next Michelle Kwan", and Hendryk Schamberger added that she is the one who is the ultimate hope for American Ladies Figure Skating. I agree - she was great.

    Regarding the competition, I think it was the best Ladies event I have ever seen since I am watching figure skating. Congratulations to all three on the podium.

    I loved Lauras program.

  7. #1657
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    989
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitt View Post
    She really needs to work on straightening her knee and pointing the toe in the spiral. She and Brian should look at Sasha pictures. That is the only thing that spoils her perfection.
    In all the talk about straightening her knee and pointing her toe, she still won the GOLD. I don't think I heard of a skater winning the Gold because she she pointed her toe more than any other girl. Stop nickpicling, PLEASE

  8. #1658
    she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    3,640
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    Yu-na's spiral as improved a lot since 2007, in her credit she has worked on the extension and her toe point. True she will never have a great spiral, but it is good enough. Personally the straight line step was a bit of a downner, it was at the end of the program, she had done all her jumps perfectly, the music was building, but she just didn't sell it like I wanted her to. I kept thinking of Evan skating his straight line step to that music at worlds last year performing it all the way...I just wanted her to let lose and go for it, but I got the feeling she was being very careful at that point in the program. That final spin with the kettle drums remdeemed the program though.

    I recently watched Yuna's programs from 2007 because some posters were claiming that she is not as good as she was then. The first thing I thought was, wow, Yuna's spirals have really improved! I understand she had a back injury that year so that probably has a lot to do with it. I didn't mean to diss her spiral sequence or anything. I'm just very curious to hear from skaters what the deal is with pointed toes. Is it something coaches nag you about? Is a complete after thought? Is almost impossible for some people to point their feet in skates?

  9. #1659
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    Oh my ...
    ((((MAO))))

    what she did was amazing, skating after the 150 of Yuna. She knew there was no way to surpass this and the five points from short.
    I hope she can be happy with silver, it is amazing accomplishment after her bad season :(

    translation is down there in youtube
    Yeah, I feel sad for her too...I hate to see any lady cry like that. I could understand where she's coming from...and you're right, as soon as the 150 pt score came up for Kim, I think Asad knew there was no chance to catch up...but boy, what a gutsy performance. Everyone including the Japanese should be proud of her!

  10. #1660
    she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    3,640
    Quote Originally Posted by ARipp42014 View Post
    Watched Yuna's LP again (3rd time) and more and more I'm loving the little things about it. I actually was watching Brian in the background and wow he was jumping along with her. I love that K&C moment after the marks... they knew she won yet Brian just let her have her moment. So sweet!

    Btw, nice article on Yahoo about how her mom couldn't bare to watch!
    http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/van...yhoo&type=lgns
    that's exactly what's so wonderful about Yuna's programs... there these small moments of wonderfulness that make it worth watching over again like a good movie or book. My favorite is still Dance Macabre but her programs these seasons were awesome, too.

  11. #1661
    Custom Title Kitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    St. Paul, MN
    Posts
    456
    Quote Originally Posted by millie View Post
    In all the talk about straightening her knee and pointing her toe, she still won the GOLD. I don't think I heard of a skater winning the Gold because she she pointed her toe more than any other girl. Stop nickpicling, PLEASE
    Yes, she won the GOLD. So then we should expect her to look picture-perfect in every element of her program. Especially since she won by such a huge score. Yes, I guess I am a perfectionist, and I expect the best of a gold medal winner.

  12. #1662
    Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,790
    Yunas toes
    I'm not a skater, but I think a lot of the reason for Yuna's lack of pointed toe has a lot to do with the construction of her boots . We know how difficult it can be for skaters to adjust to new boots anyway, so whether she'd ever change to a different maker ( which could feel totally different ), I don't know. I've been hoping for it. I've noticed the other little Korean girl wears them too.
    I was mentioning this last night , but I don't know if anyone else chimed in..

    Those boots are very flat in the arch,(& lower in the heel?) and very deep and rounded in the toe. Also look like heavier construction at the ankle. all of which doesn't help.

    Years ago , I noticed Marie-France Dubreuil changed her boot style ( just a year or two before they stopped competing) and the difference was dramatic.

    I think it would also help if she could achieve a better turnout of her free leg in spirals etc.

    You have to look to take the person's physique into consideration, but improvements can be made. However , a naturally flexible body and years of ballet or gymnastics training are always going to give a skater the advantage... Sasha was Sasha... And as someone else mentioned her back injury may be a big factor.

    Yuna was glorious last night.
    Last edited by colleen o'neill; 02-26-2010 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Adding on

  13. #1663
    skating philosopher Mrs. P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    8,390
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitt View Post
    Yes, she won the GOLD. So then we should expect her to look picture-perfect in every element of her program. Especially since she won by such a huge score. Yes, I guess I am a perfectionist, and I expect the best of a gold medal winner.
    I think she did HER best. And HER best was more than enough to win. Yes, her spirals could be better (and that was mentioned by the NBC commentators during the late-night coverage). You can't do more than your best, even if you wanted to. We can sit here and make a fuss about her spirals. But the fact is despite the fact that they are not perfect, they have improved from 2007.

    And as I mentioned in an earlier post, without going into the GOE debate, she did two more triple jumps than Asada and when you take just the two lutzs, you have 12.6 base points right there. So even without getting ZERO GOE, she probably still would have won, albeit with a much smaller margin.

  14. #1664
    Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    4,989
    Quote Originally Posted by Fan123 View Post
    Yeah, I feel sad for her too...I hate to see any lady cry like that. I could understand where she's coming from...and you're right, as soon as the 150 pt score came up for Kim, I think Asad knew there was no chance to catch up...but boy, what a gutsy performance. Everyone including the Japanese should be proud of her!
    She still made history, the media should focus on that instead of giving this girl an infiriority complex. I wonder if Mao will keep skating if Yu-na does. Dealing with the fact that she can never have the titles she deseves because fate ruled that a even greater skater should compete at the same time...
    I am waiting for the announcement that she and Terosova are splitting. I will bet anything this will happen before June.

  15. #1665
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,055
    phoenixthread--
    i personally don'tlike when they give benefit of doubt-why i can go on a long list and name names of who was given a benefit of doubt on downgrades/urs' and who wasn't.
    but nice job from all skaters-unfortunate for kostner,
    nice competition from all.

Page 111 of 125 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •