Page 118 of 125 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 1863

Thread: Ladies' LP

Congratulations to Yu-Na for winning the Olympic gold medal! So well-deserved

She gave the 2 best performances of her life when she needed to deliver it the most!

I think she was really tearful after achieving her lifelong dream of being an Olympic champion and to have all the pressure of her shoulders!

She also delivered one of the best performances in the history of figure skating!!!! She was simply exquisite!!!!!!!

She had ease, speed, incredible musicality, great amplitude to all of her jumps, exquisite spins and the heart of a champion!

For me this was a win for herself, her mom, Korea, a redemption for Brian Orser and also for her idol Michelle Kwan! Michelle being the reason why she got into skating!

Rinkside
    I think it's totally arguable (although "arguable" sounds unpleasant so I'd rather go with "debatable") :P I didn't think Yuna's transitions were that remarkable. She had the ina bauer and spread eagle, but Mirai also had an ina bauer and difficult footwork into her second lutz. Transition wise, I'd give Yuna an edge but Mirai's edge in spins and spirals makes up for that. As far as "KinderCarmen" and "maturity" goes, that's an opinion. I for one loved the bubbly/cute interpretation of Carmen. I really don't want to see another serious, dramatic Carmen program in my life if I can help it

Originally Posted by pokky_oc
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Op_2klX3Nfs

Mao's interview!! the description of that post in wrong... The interviewer isn't asking that kind of question!! Mao did say that she was very disappointed with her performance though... And that's why she's crying...

Translation:

Interviewer: What was your four minutes like?? ( FS )

Mao Asada: Well... It was really... Long but short at the same time...

Interviewer: Which part of the program did you feel that?

Mao starts crying... Trying to compose herself...

Mao Asada: It was four minutes... I was thinking too much and I thought it very was long... But if I look back it was finished so quickly...

Interviewer: Before your performance, you were listening to music... ( Almost crying... ) What was going on in your mind?

Mao Asada: But, I think I did what I was capable of.. But I'm still unhappy about the performance... But I did what I'm capable of...

Interviewer:You landed all of your triple axels at the Olympic stage and did you grain any confidence because of that?

Mao Asada: Yeah... I landed two of my triple axels so that went really well but because I made mistakes in the other parts, I'm not happy about it.

Interviewer: If you look back in to the last four years, I know you had many different stages, some difficult...l... If you return back home later , what will you be thinking about most?

Mao Asada: But, the performance it self, I wasn't happy about it and the triple axesl was the only good part of the program.

Mao Asada: Thank you very much.

It took me a while to translate it!!

Thanks pokky_oc !
    I'd put some minor edits.
    Interviewer: オリンピックまでの四年間、色々苦しい時期があったと思います。今、振り返るとどのようなことが頭に浮かび ますか。
    If you look back the four years until the Oly, there would have been some difficult times. Looking back now, what kinds of things come to your mind?

But it does not matter anyway, because Mao is not answering the question, as she still continues to answer the previous question about her performance, not about the past four years.

I'm so happy for Mirai! 4th in your major international debut at the grandest and biggest of all occassions! Super!

And scoring a whopping 190 points! Whohooo!!!!!!!!

I am a bit confused about the DG calls as always. Rachael's DGs in LP, but not in SP. Miki and Mirai not called in LP was also puzzling. It's like if you say yes she URed, then you can nitpick and if you say no she didn't then okay perhaps not. Confusing to me.

I'm so sad for Mao! Hope she stays and skates in Soichi. She did so well! Landing 2 triple axels!!!! Sadly she lost concentration in the flip and the toe. Had she landed those 2 jumps cleanly their scores would have been so much closer.

My friend who competed in the Olympics said to me
    Winning an Olympic gold is like winning the world championships of 4 years
    Winning the silver is 2 years
    and the bronze-1 year

I said to her it maybe the grandest and biggest event in the sport but it's still one competition.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Gymfan15 View Post
    lol! Has anyone done the math and figured out just exactly what a 'perfect' program would score? I'd be curious!
    I'm a total newbie, so don't want to intrude in the discussion, but yes, I've once done the maths, with only qualifier being no quad jumps in ladies.
    Theoretical maximum short program score for ladies appears to be somewhere in the vicinity of 99.7 (59.70 TES + 40.00 PCS) with 3A + 3Lo, 3 Lz, 2A, level 4 spins, step, spiral, all with GOE 3.00.
    Theoretical maximum free skate score seems to be around ~189 (~109 TES + 80.00 PCS): something like 3A + 3Lo, 3A + 2Lo + 2Lo, 3Lz + 3T, 3Lz, 3F, 3S, 2A + 2Lo + 2Lo (all in 2nd half-total fantasy!!), all level 4 non-jump elements as before, but in the first half. All elements with GOE +3.0. I am not sure if this ridiculous number loops do not violate Zayak rule. Also, the calculator I've used seem to have a slightly different point values for some of spins and spiral sequence-though about 1 point all up or so.
    So if this crazy protocol is actually valid, the highest possible theoretical total score for ladies figure skating is 285-290. Wonder how high men will go if I make the protocols filled with 4A, 4Lz, etc!!
    Last edited by sydneyphoenix; 02-26-2010 at 09:54 PM.

Michelle is the classiest of all silver medalist in the Olympics!!!!!!

She made her silver shine like platinum!!! Heheheh (not Plushenko platinum)

It was MK's heart that shone through!

it's olympic season :D bethissoawesome's Avatar
    I hope Mao stays around for 2014, as she is still in good physical condition and definitely is an inspiration for the younger Japanese skaters... Mao also seems like she left these Olympics unsatisified and still has more she wants to prove. Yu-Na also is an inspiration, but mini-Yu-Na (hehe) should be ready to be South Korea's big figure skating star by 2014... Yu-Na has been having injuries and other physical problems since the '05-'06 season to the point that she was ready to quit before going Senior. I'd love for her to keep competing, but I don't know if her body can hold out for 4 more years (especially with such demanding programs) if it has already been giving her such trouble for 4 years already, and she can also end her career with Gold medals at every major competition, and the OGM came with the two best programs she has ever put together in one competition. Out of the top 6 finishers... I'd venture to say only Mao and Mirai will be around for 2014 Sochi.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by sydneyphoenix View Post
    Theoretical maximum free skate score seems to be around ~189: something like 3A + 3Lo, 3A + 2Lo + 2Lo, 3Lz + 3T, 3Lz, 3F, 3S, 2A + 2Lo + 2Lo
    That's awesome. I so want to see someone attempt this program now...

it's olympic season :D bethissoawesome's Avatar
    I'm a total newbie, so don't want to intrude in the discussion, but yes, I've once done the maths, with only qualifier being no quad jumps in ladies.
    Theoretical maximum short program score for ladies appears to be somewhere in the vicinity of 99.7 (59.70 TES + 40.00 PCS) with 3A + 3Lo, 3 Lz, 2A, level 4 spins, step, spiral, all with GOE 3.00.
    Theoretical maximum free skate score seems to be around ~189 (~109 TES + 80.00 PCS): something like 3A + 3Lo, 3A + 2Lo + 2Lo, 3Lz + 3T, 3Lz, 3F, 3S, 2A + 2Lo + 2Lo (all in 2nd half-total fantasy!!), all level 4 non-jump elements as before, but in the first half. All elements with GOE +3.0. I am not sure if this ridiculous number loops do not violate Zayak rule. Also, the calculator I've used seem to have a slightly different point values for some of spins and spiral sequence-though about 1 point all up or so.
    So if this crazy protocol is actually valid, the highest possible theoretical total score for ladies figure skating is 285-290. Wonder how high men will go if I make the protocols filled with 4A, 4Lz, etc!!
    You can only have 3 jumping combinations, and there is a maximum time you can repeat the same jump.

Quote Originally Posted by bethissoawesome View Post
    *i
    Totally off topic, but...do you have triplets?

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Theoretical maximum free skate score seems to be around ~189 (~109 TES + 80.00 PCS): something like 3A + 3Lo, 3A + 2Lo + 2Lo, 3Lz + 3T, 3Lz, 3F, 3S, 2A + 2Lo + 2Lo (all in 2nd half-total fantasy!!), all level 4 non-jump elements as before, but in the first half. All elements with GOE +3.0.
    A skater is only allowed to attempt 1 3-jump combo pass (and only 3 combination jump passes in total), so the 2A+2lo+2lo has to be only a 2A or else the entire jump pass will receive zero credit.

Also, I can't believe such an unbalanced LP would receive high PCS. Transitions and program balance and construction is a heavily judged factor of the PCS scoring. Having all non-jump elements in the first half and all jumping elements in the second half of the program would hopefully be heavily penalized by the panel.
    Last edited by museksk8r; 02-26-2010 at 10:06 PM.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by bethissoawesome View Post
    You can only have 3 jumping combinations, and there is a maximum time you can repeat the same jump.
    Is that so even for double jump? If that's the case, I guess some of 2Lo will have to change to 2T, bringing down total by slight amount.
    How about 3A + 3Lo, 3A + 2Lo + 2Lo, 3Lz + 3T, 3Lz, 3F, 3S, 2A, is it a valid jump protocol?

Rinkside
    Btw, is there any rule that restricts the spins that you can perform in the program?

Page 118 of 125 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 LastLast