Page 120 of 125 FirstFirst ... 20 70 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 1863

Thread: Ladies' LP

  1. #1786
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    28,426
    Quote Originally Posted by bethissoawesome View Post
    I'll bite. 4S, 3A+3T+3Lo, 4S+3Lo (I'd love to see someone pull that off *giggle*), 3Lz, 3F, 3A+2A*seq, 3S
    How about 4S+4T+4T, 4S+3Lo, 3A+3T, 3Lz, 3F, 3S, 2A, 2A.

  2. #1787
    it's olympic season :D bethissoawesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    NYC; Tokyo
    Posts
    495
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Change 3A+2Lo+2Lo to 3A+3Lo+2Lo, and drop the 3Lo form the second Lutz combo. All you have lost is one 2Lo.

    Now you have freed up an extra combo. Change solo 2A to 2A+2A sequence. I think this gains an extra 0.4 points overall (before second half bonus), even with the twenty percent sequence reduction.
    You are right.... your combination is 54.5 base, mine was 54.25. Match point goes to Mathman.

  3. #1788
    it's olympic season :D bethissoawesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    NYC; Tokyo
    Posts
    495
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    How about 4S+4T+4T, 4S+3Lo, 3A+3T, 3Lz, 3F, 3S, 2A, 2A.
    Eek... completely forgot about the 4T. Although I think our skater would be on the ice dying or coming at us with their skate blade after trying to land a 4-4-4 combination, then 4-3, then a 3A-3 lol.

  4. #1789
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    28,426
    Quote Originally Posted by bethissoawesome View Post
    Although I think our skater would be on the ice dying or coming at us with their skate blade after trying to land a 4-4-4 combination, then 4-3, then a 3A-3 lol.
    And all of this would be after the halfway mark, of course.

  5. #1790
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by bekalc
    Kim had more than just difficult footwork into just one jump. (Once again as I said in every jumping pass except the 3/3). Things like like footwork into her 3sal. Doing the 3lutz at the end of her program and doing a twizzle. After her 3flip, Yu-na did a move right after that jump. And I think she may have had footwork into her 3lutz as well.
    If you're going to count vague "moves" as transitions, then every skater in the final flight had them. (In fact, I'd be surprised if they weren't moving before or after jumps!) Yuna's two clear transitions were the ina bauer into the 2A and the spread eagle into the 2A/3T. I didn't see significant footwork into any other jumping pass. Mirai's clear transitions were the spread eagle into a 2A, the ina bauer into the 3Lo-2A sequence, and the footwork into the second lutz.

  6. #1791
    it's olympic season :D bethissoawesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    NYC; Tokyo
    Posts
    495
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    And all of this would be after the halfway mark, of course.
    And after our skater sweats blood with level 4 step sequences and spins, obviously we would need our skater to do difficult transitions between these jumps.... maybe throw one arm up into the air on that 3rd quad in the combination to gain some points too

  7. #1792
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    10
    Well I don't think I can top that!!
    Hopefully Mathman will provide his own calculations, but as far as I can tell, the following is damn near to the optimum protocol.

    *Ladies SP*
    3A + 3Lo 11.00 + 3.00 = 14.00
    3Lz = 6.00 + 3.00 = 9.00
    2A = 3.50 + 3.00 = 6.50
    FLSp4 = 3.20 + 1.50 = 4.70
    CCoSp4 = 3.50 + 1.50 = 5.00
    FCCoSp4 = 3.50 + 1.50 = 5.00
    SpSq4 = 3.40 + 3.00 = 6.40
    SiSt4 = 3.90 + 3.00 = 6.90

    Total TES = 59.70

    PCS = 10.00 x 5 x 0.80 = 40.00

    Total = 99.70


    *Ladies Free Skate*
    FLSp4 = 3.20 + 1.50 = 4.70
    CCoSp4 = 3.50 + 1.50 = 5.00
    FCCoSp4 = 3.50 + 1.50 = 5.00
    SpSq4 = 3.40 + 3.00 = 6.40
    SiSt4 = 3.90 + 3.00 = 6.90
    -------------------------------------------
    3A + 3L = 13.2 x 1.1 + 3.00 = 17.52
    3A = 8.20 x 1.1 + 3.00 = 12.02
    3Lz + 3T + 2Lo= 11.50 x 1.1 + 3 = 15.65
    3F = 5.50 x 1.1 + 3.00 = 9.05
    3Lz = 6.00 x 1.1 + 3.00 = 9.60
    3S = 4.50 x 1.1 + 3.00 = 7.95
    2A + 2A + SEQ = 7.00 x 0.8 x 1.1 + 3.00 = 9.16

    Total TES = 108.95

    Total PCS = 10.00 x 5 x 1.60 = 80.00

    Total Free Skate Score: 188.95


    Total Competition Score= 99.70 + 188.95 = 288.65

    Assumptions: GOE of 3.00 to every components, all PCS components 10.00, placing all the jumps in the second half in the free skate, The spins used are all valid without "no-count", etc.
    Limitation: No quadruple jumps taken into consideration

    Completion rate
    -Ladies SP: 78.50/99.70 = 78.74% (2 d.p.)
    -Ladies FS: 150.06/188.95 = 79.42%(2 d.p.)
    -Ladies Total: 228.56/288.65 = 79.18% (2 d.p.)

    P.S. Thanks for welcoming me into the forum with such an entertaining session of calculation fantasy!! Feel free to leave comments and discuss the matter further.
    Last edited by sydneyphoenix; 02-26-2010 at 11:55 PM.

  8. #1793
    Comeback Queen! ARipp42014's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    1,492
    Final tweets during the games:
    JoRo: Back on Twitter, thank you everyone for all your kind words. It really meant a lot to me...
    Mirai: posted a video of her (and Rachael) at their very first comp. when they were little tykes. Awww! http://hurdvideo.com/latest_news.htm
    Rachael: Thank you EVERYONE! What an amazing adventure here in Vancouver!

  9. #1794
    it's olympic season :D bethissoawesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    NYC; Tokyo
    Posts
    495
    Quote Originally Posted by sydneyphoenix View Post
    Well I don't think I can top that!!
    Hopefully Mathman will provide his own calculations, but as far as I can tell, the following is damn near to the optimum protocol.

    *Ladies SP*
    3A + 3Lo 11.00 + 3.00 = 14.00
    3Lz = 6.00 + 3.00 = 9.00
    2A = 3.50 + 3.00 = 6.50
    FLSp4 = 3.20 + 1.50 = 4.70
    CCoSp4 = 3.50 + 1.50 = 5.00
    FCCoSp4 = 3.50 + 1.50 = 5.00
    SpSq4 = 3.40 + 3.00 = 6.40
    SiSt4 = 3.90 + 3.00 = 6.90

    Total TES = 59.70

    PCS = 10.00 x 5 x 0.80 = 40.00

    Total = 99.70


    *Ladies Free Skate*
    FLSp4 = 3.20 + 1.50 = 4.70
    CCoSp4 = 3.50 + 1.50 = 5.00
    FCCoSp4 = 3.50 + 1.50 = 5.00
    SpSq4 = 3.40 + 3.00 = 6.40
    SiSt4 = 3.90 + 3.00 = 6.90
    -------------------------------------------
    3A + 3L = 13.2 x 1.1 + 3.00 = 17.52
    3A = 8.20 x 1.1 + 3.00 = 12.02
    3Lz + 3T + 2Lo= 11.50 x 1.1 + 3 = 15.65
    3F = 5.50 x 1.1 + 3.00 = 9.05
    3Lz = 6.00 x 1.1 + 3.00 = 9.60
    3S = 4.50 x 1.1 + 3.00 = 7.95
    2A + 2A + SEQ = 7.00 x 0.8 x 1.1 + 3.00 = 9.16

    Total TES = 108.95

    Total PCS = 10.00 x 5 x 1.60 = 80.00

    Total Free Skate Score: 188.95


    Total Competition Score= 99.70 + 188.95 = 288.65

    Assumptions: GOE of 3.00 to every components, all PCS components 10.00, placing all the jumps in the second half in the free skate, The spins used are all valid without "no-count", etc.
    Limitation: No quadruple jumps taken into consideration

    Completion rate
    -Ladies SP: 78.50/99.70 = 78.74% (2 d.p.)
    -Ladies FS: 150.06/188.95 = 79.42%(2 d.p.)
    -Ladies Total: 228.56/288.65 = 79.18% (2 d.p.)

    P.S. Thanks for welcoming me into the forum with such an entertaining session of calculation fantasy!! Feel free to leave comments and discuss the matter further.
    Math is wonderful :D That is definitely the maximum you can do unless we have a fantasy ambidexterous skater who can use a clockwise 3Lz at the end of combinations hehe. Thanks for the breakdown... it's interesting to see how the current scores stack up against what would be the highest possible scoring SP and LP.

  10. #1795
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    253
    Quote Originally Posted by bethissoawesome View Post
    Although I think our skater would be on the ice dying or coming at us with their skate blade after trying to land a 4-4-4 combination, then 4-3, then a 3A-3 lol.

  11. #1796
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    253
    Quote Originally Posted by screech View Post
    David Wilson IMO is the COP guru.
    I totally agree. Why is he so good?

  12. #1797
    it's olympic season :D bethissoawesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    NYC; Tokyo
    Posts
    495
    Quote Originally Posted by Ren View Post
    I totally agree. Why is he so good?
    Because he understands the system and how to fine tune it too each skaters' personality in a unique way. He's in the 3rd (I believe) episode of "Be Good Johnny Weir," and just from watching him interract with Johnny, you can also see that he knows how to "sell" the choreography in a way that the skater also wants to do it.... so he winds up creating something that works great with the system and the skater has fun practicing and performing with it day after day.

  13. #1798
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    77
    Interesting artcile in yahoo.co.jp for those who can read japanese,

    http://vancouver.yahoo.co.jp/news/nd...12-jij_van-spo

  14. #1799
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,105
    I have wondered about the CoP and the fact that there doesn't appear to be any official statement about the maximum possible score for each discipline and division each season. Of course that would change with each rule change, but for me the system would be more meaningful if we knew where skaters were on a scale with a defined end as well as beginning rather than being open-ended, practically speaking. But I have to wonder if casual fans or potential fans would be turned away by knowing that even the gold medalists are only X number of points close to the maximum possible score. And I don't think officials want the calculation headaches -- or do they? I'm truly puzzled by this whole issue.

  15. #1800
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    572
    Quote Originally Posted by hellcat View Post
    Interesting artcile in yahoo.co.jp for those who can read japanese,

    http://vancouver.yahoo.co.jp/news/nd...12-jij_van-spo
    could anyone translate this please? what does it say?

Page 120 of 125 FirstFirst ... 20 70 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •