Page 123 of 125 FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 1863

Thread: Ladies' LP

can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Wow, that didn't take long.
    I bet Joannie has a lot of admirers and guys vying for her attention.

Custom Title
    The asian culture as a general rule is not very huggy and Joannie's mom just died so....yeah, not surprised.
    I loved loved loved seeing Kristi and Midori back in '92.

Medalist
    Whoever said they thought that only Mao and Mirai out of the top 6 would be at Sochi, I tend to think Lepisto will be there too. She's only 21 and in Europe they often stick around for longer, I'd love to see her continue to compete and develop consistency. If she keeps performing like she did here, I think she could potentially win a World medal sometime in the near future.
    Laura and Kiira have both already confirmed they are going to continue so far. Jenni Vähämaa (now 17) was a very promising skater; have once beaten all Finns and even Carolina Kostner in Finland Trophy 2007, but after an injyry she did not find motivation tos skate. But I have read she has started praciticing on the ice again. We will see next year if she is back or not.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by aurora100 View Post
    No question Yuna has a great team around her. Tracy Wilson helping her with step sequence and Sandra Bezic choosing the Bond Music.

But none of that would have mattered if Yuna was not able to go down there and find it deep within herself to put the programs down when it counted. For that, this is her medal and she is the champion.
    I totally agree with these. (Both that Yuna has a great team, and that it's Yuna herself who makes it matter.)
    I read a post somewhere in this forum that she is just a great jumper with a good choreographer, but there are other good jumpers and any of them can also get choreography from Wilson as long as they can afford it. Does it mean they will get scores close to Yuna's? I don't think so. A program is completed interactively between the skater and the choreographer. Wilson's programs are full with COP-friendly moves, sure, but IMO Yuna is the only one who can perform it with that high level of attention to every detail, without compromising the technical excellence at all. I guess this is the reason why some people feel that her programs are too calculated, but for me she looks to have even more freedom to show her expressions than other skaters with less complicated programs and it is only beautiful.
    Last edited by breeze; 02-28-2010 at 11:18 AM.

I read a post somewhere in this forum that she is just a great jumper with a good choreographer, but there are other good jumpers and any of them can also get choreography from Wilson as long as they can afford it.
    I wonder if this person has seen Yu-na live? Because while I haven't, I heard she's incredible live in the sense that she goes into her jumps with full speed and comes out with speed. And honestly I think Yu-na moves her arms just about better than any lady around.

Good thing JoRo and Frankie-Louie (yeah he's a cutie) are still friends.

Tweets!

Mirai: i'm still awake....-.- I've got a bet running...USA vs Canada..loser treats winner to ice cream!!! GO USA
    Gaga (in Chicago): Sleeping in my own bed, how novel. My luggage is ALL sleeping in Chicago. Thank God I bulk buy everything from toothbrushes to slippers.
    Evan: Hanging with Pamela Anderson. Unreal! (earlier) Thank You to all the fans in Vancouver for your support throughout these Games. I'm sad that it's almost over
    Jeremy (still sick): due to my illness I haven't been able to enjoy the small amount of time I had left at these games :( Closing is tomorrow and that's all :(
    Tanith: Just finished w/the gala.Gonna miss the PAC!Great memories.Can't wait to walk in closing tmw.I swear,if I cry one more time @these games...

I'm gonna miss nbcolympics.com posting FB statuses and tweets of everyone.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ARipp42014 View Post
    Good thing JoRo and Frankie-Louie (yeah he's a cutie) are still friends.

Tweets!

Mirai: i'm still awake....-.- I've got a bet running...USA vs Canada..loser treats winner to ice cream!!! GO USA
    Gaga (in Chicago): Sleeping in my own bed, how novel. My luggage is ALL sleeping in Chicago. Thank God I bulk buy everything from toothbrushes to slippers.
    Evan: Hanging with Pamela Anderson. Unreal! (earlier) Thank You to all the fans in Vancouver for your support throughout these Games. I'm sad that it's almost over
    Jeremy (still sick): due to my illness I haven't been able to enjoy the small amount of time I had left at these games :( Closing is tomorrow and that's all :(
    Tanith: Just finished w/the gala.Gonna miss the PAC!Great memories.Can't wait to walk in closing tmw.I swear,if I cry one more time @these games...

I'm gonna miss nbcolympics.com posting FB statuses and tweets of everyone.
    Hope Evan and everyone else in the world knows, and I think they do, that Pamela Anderson is Canadian from BC LOL!!!!

Custom Title
    Best photo of Plushenko and Mao !

http://i49.tinypic.com/rayrnk.jpg

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ARipp42014 View Post
    Boy, Evan sure has a thing for sexy blondes. I hope Jeremey feels better soon. Worlds is less than a month away and judging by his tweets he has not resumed training yet.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by TT_Fin View Post
    Laura and Kiira have both already confirmed they are going to continue so far. Jenni Vähämaa (now 17) was a very promising skater; have once beaten all Finns and even Carolina Kostner in Finland Trophy 2007, but after an injyry she did not find motivation tos skate. But I have read she has started praciticing on the ice again. We will see next year if she is back or not.
    Oh that's good, I really enjoyed seeing both of them perform so well on Thursday!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by prettykeys View Post
    I bet Joannie has a lot of admirers and guys vying for her attention.
    Wouldn't doubt that. She's hot, blonde, and a superstar skater! Lol.

Custom Title
    Sorry if this has been addressed, but what was Mao's team thinking when they constructed her LP base value? It is over 5 points lower than Yu Na's. I wonder how they thought they were going to make that up? Or were they counting on Yu Na to make a mistake? There is nothing wrong with Mao's skating. She compares favorably or the same with Yu Na on spins, spirals and steps. She needs to call Akiko Suzuki's coach and choreograher immediately to find a way to extract more points from her programs. It's too late for this year, but not for next.

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by jenaj View Post
    Sorry if this has been addressed, but what was Mao's team thinking when they constructed her LP base value? It is over 5 points lower than Yu Na's. I wonder how they thought they were going to make that up? Or were they counting on Yu Na to make a mistake? There is nothing wrong with Mao's skating. She compares favorably or the same with Yu Na on spins, spirals and steps. She needs to call Akiko Suzuki's coach and choreograher immediately to find a way to extract more points from her programs. It's too late for this year, but not for next.
    The lower base value you see reflects the fact that she popped the 3T and had a downgrade on her 3F in her three-jump combo. When you account for those jumps — her base value is actually 3 points higher than Yuna's.

Re: the hugging on the podium, it seems like Mao was ticked off with not winning, or maybe because of the bad interview I heard about, and that's why she didn't hug anyone. Yu-Na did hug Joannie and Mao.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    The lower base value you see reflects the fact that she popped the 3T and had a downgrade on her 3F in her three-jump combo. When you account for those jumps — her base value is actually 3 points higher than Yuna's.
    Well, that's good to know. I still think Mao needs a COP expert to help her. She seems to be going after points in the hardest possible way. When a 3T-3T is worth about the same as a 3-axel or when Akiko Suzuki can figure out a way to do 7 triples without a 3-3, Mao should be able to construct her program in a way that will garner more points with less risk. Until the system changes, 3-axels for ladies remain high risk, low reward.

Page 123 of 125 FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 LastLast