Page 14 of 125 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 64 114 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies' LP

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by katymay View Post
    Thank you for being another person that has noticed that. But it isn't just Miki-a numberof the japanese ladies, over the years, seem to shrink from month to month. And no names here-but some of those who were once strong jumpers with energy to spare now skate with little energy or stamina. Even our last Olympic winner from Japan seemed to drop a great deal of weight before the Olympics-not that it hurt her performance-but I do find it disturbing and wonder what is up with the Japanese culture? Federation? And looking back, this seemed to start with the most famous skater from Japan of all. (hint: great jumper)
    Yeah I know, it's too bad. Akiko struggling with anorexia for 7 years, and now Miki shrinking each season. I was watching videos of her from 06 and 07 and she looks about 10 pounds lighter now. In her busy costumes it's hard to tell but in practice she looks really thin, not unhealthily so but considering what she looked like when she was 15 and 16 I think she is supposed to have a more curvy build and now she's just tiny. Mao I feel has also appeared to have lost weight since the 06-07 season, though it may just be that she has grown taller. I feel like Miki and Mao were both better jumpers before they become so thin, they can still do the jumps now but their jumps used to be huge. Shiz also used to have a more womanly figure and became very thin. It is a little sad that apparently they feel pressure to look a certain way, hope they are ok.

I know Yuna weighs less than both Miki and Mao but she actually concerns me the least. She used to be painfully thin as a young teen and I've seen pictures of her dad who is tall and very thin. Yuna also has a round face and fairly broad shoulders and hips so I tend to think she is actually healthy and just naturally very thin.

Quote Originally Posted by gsrossano View Post
    Ionly count two. ELements 1 and 6
    It had three. It had a 3Lz+3Lo, 3Lz and 3Lz+3S.

=P

Go marry the quad if you love it so much DesertRoad's Avatar
    The element listing on the vancouver2010 site is much more reliable and less error-prone than that poster's site s/he keeps promoting. Click on the plus sign to see the skater's planned elements.

Away with the ice dancing faeries Cadiva's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sk8n Mama View Post
    This late night skating is killing me! LOL I was grateful they took a day off yesterday so I could get to bed at a decent time. I'm sure I'll be a zombie tomorrow.
    It's killing you, I'm in the UK, it doesn't even start over here until 1am!

Custom Title
    It won't be long now. Starting to get nervous for the ladies. I hope they all have a great night, a night that will leave them with proud and happy memories. So many of the ladies competing tonight bring something special to figure skating, that it is stunning to me. For a long time, the men have been my favorites, but the ladies now take my breath away, with their courage and athleticism. Whether it is having attempted the quad, the triple axel, or just fitting in so much athleticism and still managing to produce an aesthetically pleasing outcome, they have transcended what were once considered their limits on the ice. They have shown, unmistakably, just how athletic a lady can be, while still creating that hoped-for beautiful illusion . I take my hat off to them, and I hope so very much, that they will have the kind of evening they want and deserve. Here's to you, ladies!

I keep on fallin' for Kwan
    Excited and nervous for tonight! Cheering for: Asada-san, Ando-san, KYN, and Rocket! :D

Have a feeling that Ando-san is more of a underdog here than either Rachael or Mirai. But that's according to American media hype. American media talks about KYN, Asada-san, Rocket, and the Americans. Pretty much ignore Ando-san most of the time. Every-four-year fans won't care about her like they didn't with Daisuke Takahashi (I'm sure they're like, "Who the hell is that random Japanese guy who won bronze? Is he any good? Was he any good?"). Skating fans would "kind of" care about her because she's a two time World medalist and has had a stellar season so far. I hope Ando-san does well, though!

Rock on, top 4 women!

Oh, I'll definately go to school looking like a monster tomorrow! But I wouldn't miss this for anything!

Already really nervous, but so excited!

I hope everyone does well! And Miki, good luck!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by MikiAndoFan#1 View Post
    Oh, I'll definately go to school looking like a monster tomorrow! But I wouldn't miss this for anything!

Already really nervous, but so excited!

I hope everyone does well! And Miki, good luck!
    I feel you. GO MIKI-SAN!!!!!

Wow only 33 minutes until the first group goes on the ice. So nervous! I hope I can get out of work to beat the snow.

Quote Originally Posted by jovani2293 View Post
    I feel you. GO MIKI-SAN!!!!!

Kouun wo inorimasu, Ando-san!!!!!!! :D

Currently frozen as a popsicle Chemistry66's Avatar
    So far, today has been awesome. No classes, and ending with skating (thank you, snow!)!

Custom Title
    Miki looked so disappointed after her SP. I hope her FS goes the way she wants it to!

Quote Originally Posted by Chemistry66 View Post
    So far, today has been awesome. No classes, and ending with skating (thank you, snow!)!
    Wow, same here. XD Had to shovel, though, and I also got a paycheck from work!

Quote Originally Posted by Lotta View Post

Kouun wo inorimasu, Ando-san!!!!!!! :D
    Uhhh! What does that mean?

I'd love to learn Japanese! I already know a full song by heart! I still have to read the lyrics, though!

Quote Originally Posted by MikiAndoFan#1 View Post
    Uhhh! What does that mean?

I'd love to learn Japanese! I already know a full song by heart! I still have to read the lyrics, though!

I wish you good luck! You can say "Ganbatte" also!

Page 14 of 125 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 64 114 ... LastLast