Ladies' LP | Page 59 | Golden Skate

Ladies' LP

silverlake22

Record Breaker
beats me.

well she's less than half a point above nagasu. her speed, edging, spins, spirals are superior to ando and flatt. ando and flatt both had downgrades i think. plus laura landed 5 triples and skated with a lot of elegance. i'd say the score wasn't crazy. miki and rachael were both a little boring tonight.

Kissx3

Final Flight
I hope Mao is able to sleep on it and realize that a medal of any color at the Olympics is an absolute rarity in any sport and something she should treasure.

oranges

Rinkside
Rachel fell back into some old sloppy habits-things she had cleaned up at Nationals-and the program was a bit manic. Mirai skated more conservatively then usual, slower I thought. Ando was like a robot-hard to watch. But for NBC to NOT show either the wonder Akiko program, or mention Lepisto is disgusting.

Definitely. In fact, I'd say it is shameful not to show the majority of the skaters. I think it lessens the effect of how elite the medal winners are in ANY sport when you only show your home country athletes and those medal winners.

jeanettetan

On the Ice
Mirai Nagasu is lights out a more complete and artistic skater than Yu Na. Another year and you will see some changes. Mirai needs to mature a bit and then the world is her oyster. You can see the joy in her skating. She reminds me of the Kween. I love Mao. She is also a joy to watch and imo a more complete skater than Yu Na.

yes I would love to see mirai become one of the best skaters too!

Lotta

On the Ice
Awww, Rocket! <3

Asada-san 'bout to receive her medal. She looks happy. Looks like she still wants to kick KYN's ***, though. :lol:

A.H.Black

Final Flight
well she's less than half a point above nagasu. her speed, edging, spins, spirals are superior to ando and flatt. ando and flatt both had downgrades i think. plus laura landed 5 triples and skated with a lot of elegance. i'd say the score wasn't crazy. miki and rachael were both a little boring tonight.

OK, I buy the downgrades explanation and, yes, she was only a half point above Nagasu. But, why was she above Nagasu at all. Yes, I know. That's skating. I've been watching avidly for over 20 years now. There have been many more confusing things. This is just tonight's confusion.

Bijoux

Match Penalty
IMO one 3-3, poor spirals, extensions, lack of fire, finesse did not make it a gold for the ages. She was awarded this for no mistakes. Remember Tara and Sara and Shizuka? Far better performances. Joannie would have been perfect had this burden and grief not been with her...ah this is life...she's incredible. What a pro career she will have. I will miss her elegance. Sniff!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I feel so bad for Mao. She did her best and has a lot to be proud of. What's worse is that Japan is just going to go freak out. :(

kyla2

Final Flight
Look how happy Joannie is with the bronze medal. A true Olympian in every respect. Just love that girl. Mao treasure the silver. No one has ever done three triple axels in an Olympics and it my never happen again. That's a statistic to be proud of.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Lepisto's scores were the biggest joke of the competition. 126+? For a program with that content? WAKE UP JUDGES.

She did a great 3+3 and 3 other triples. Yeah, she doubled one jump. Yuna got 150+ with 6 triples, and Mao and Joannie both got 130+ with more mistakes than Lepisto. I think this is a great moment for Laura, she's gaining consistency and the judges are rewarding her for that.

hauteor

On the Ice
THE ugliest medals EVER... It's so grotesquely big... Even the length is bad, I mean when you can't see the medal because of the reflex flower-holding position, you've messed up on the basic design... Kim should stick around for another 4 years and reclaim her thrown in Sochi simply to get a nicer piece of jewelry...