Page 6 of 125 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 56 106 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies' LP

skating philosopher
    There's just 3.5 points between Miki in 4th and Akiko in 11th. It's going to be a great night. CAN'T WAIT!

I think both Miki and Rachael, but obviously not both, have a good chance to land on the podium.
    I'm a little worried about Mirai because she has to both skate last and after Joannie. On the upside, coming into the competition she had no realistic hope for a medal and it should be a good learning experience for her.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxie View Post
    I think both Miki and Rachael, but obviously not both, have a good chance to land on the podium.
    I'm a little worried about Mirai because she has to both skate last and after Joannie. On the upside, coming into the competition she had no realistic hope for a medal and it should be a good learning experience for her.
    Mirai's skated last at nationals twice and both times she did well, plus I am sure Frank is helping her get mentally prepared for what she has to do tomorrow . She is tough and I have a lot of faith in her, I hope she just goes out there, tries her best, has fun and comes out of the Olympics with good memories and no regrets ; I wish that for all of the ladies tomorrow. They have all worked so hard and I have no doubt will be a wonderful night of skating!

mylastduchess
    About Mao... if Yu-na is perfect and puts up a mark that would be unbeatable should she play it safe and try only 1 3A to hold on to a medal.

Quote Originally Posted by mylastduchess View Post
    About Mao... if Yu-na is perfect and puts up a mark that would be unbeatable should she play it safe and try only 1 3A to hold on to a medal.
    Nope. Plan your skate, skate your plan. It doesn't matter what anyone else does.

Tripping on the Podium
    My predix was:

1. Yu Na - She will skate clean but conservative. May even double a jump or omit one, but her score will be fine.
    2. Joannie - She will skate clean and land all her triples and take advantage of...
    3. Mao - She will land her first 3a and fall on the 2nd opening the door for Joannie to take the silver

Didn't Mao dumb down transitions in and out of her 3As to make it easier to jump them? So that means even if she lands 3As, she wont' get high GOE or anything like that. and it always looks like she's taking forever to get ready for her 3As.

Custom Title
    Before this event I said I expected Mao to win it. I still stand by this statement. I just have a feeling.

Tripping on the Podium
    Don't forget that Joannie has seven triples in her program which will pile up some points for her if she lands them all, and there's never any question of whether she rotates them or not. Her GOE's may be very good. It seems like people are writing her skating abilities off (not her heart, everyone's giving her credit for amazing determination) but Joannie's a fabulous skater who is musical and lyrical and if YuNa or Mao stumble at all, Joannie could well challenge for the gold.

That said, I'm really worried whether she'll be able to get herself up for tomorrow night. It must have taken an incredible effort to get her head in the right place to skate last night, and the response from the crowd was overwhelming. Was it all too overwhelming for her? I'm sure her coaches and support staff are doing whatever they can to keep her in a bubble right now but there comes a point where no matter how much the heart is willing, the body just can't cope any more. I hope she'll be able to go out and do herself and her mom proud but I worry for her.

Custom Title
    Yu Na has yet to skate her long program perfectly. But then, Mao hasn't either. The point spread definitely leaves an opening for Mao, but she will have to land and rotate all of her jumps. The rest of her program is better than Yu Na's, especially the footwork.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jenaj View Post
    Yu Na has yet to skate her long program perfectly. But then, Mao hasn't either. The point spread definitely leaves an opening for Mao, but she will have to land and rotate all of her jumps. The rest of her program is better than Yu Na's, especially the footwork.
    Didn't Mao skate a clean long at 4CC 2010 in Korea in January?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jenaj View Post
    Yuna will almost definitely score higher than Mao in terms of transitions and other PCS. Some people believe that Mao's PCS should have been higher than Kim's in the SP but the judges had something else to say about that, awarding Kim the advantage by around 1.5 points. I think the gap -may- increase if both skate perfectly because Mao lacks some choreography in her LP, especially because she's doing nothing in between her triple axels.
    Last edited by Marrymeyunakim; 02-25-2010 at 12:32 AM.

Custom Title
    Yes. If I recall, Mao won the LP with around 126 points. And it was the second time she'd landed two triple-axels in her LP in comp.

Medalist
    What I didn't get was that she didn't tack in a 2lo in her flip and received a LEVEL 2 on her step sequence?! She has under rotated her 2toe on 3a and her PCS were 58.
    I'd would expect something around 132-134 if she performs clean.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    My predications, ( I was off on all the other events so far maybe i will redeem myslef here).

Yu-na: skates well (the 2 Axel-3 toe is downgraded and 2 footed) maybe one other minor mistake. Wins easily.

Mao: one of her axles is downgraded as well as another jump. Holds onto second but is nowhere near Kim.

Joannie: is unable to skate clean, doubles her second lutz, steps out of a few things. Drops to 4th.

Miki: lands the 3/3 and the 2 Axel/ 3 toe. Moves up to get the bronze.

Result: the all-Asian podium I predicted months ago.

Page 6 of 125 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 56 106 ... LastLast