Page 79 of 125 FirstFirst ... 29 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1863

Thread: Ladies' LP

Mao looks so dissapointed...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    well she's less than half a point above nagasu. her speed, edging, spins, spirals are superior to ando and flatt. ando and flatt both had downgrades i think. plus laura landed 5 triples and skated with a lot of elegance. i'd say the score wasn't crazy. miki and rachael were both a little boring tonight.
    OK, I buy the downgrades explanation and, yes, she was only a half point above Nagasu. But, why was she above Nagasu at all. Yes, I know. That's skating. I've been watching avidly for over 20 years now. There have been many more confusing things. This is just tonight's confusion.

Banned
    IMO one 3-3, poor spirals, extensions, lack of fire, finesse did not make it a gold for the ages. She was awarded this for no mistakes. Remember Tara and Sara and Shizuka? Far better performances. Joannie would have been perfect had this burden and grief not been with her...ah this is life...she's incredible. What a pro career she will have. I will miss her elegance. Sniff!

Custom Title
    I'm so sad for Mao and her missed triple toe :(
    It's been one of her more consistent jumps this season.

skating philosopher
    I feel so bad for Mao. She did her best and has a lot to be proud of. What's worse is that Japan is just going to go freak out. :(

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikaru View Post
    Mao looks so dissapointed...
    Jeeze, they all three look so depressed. Are we having fun yet/??????

Custom Title
    Look how happy Joannie is with the bronze medal. A true Olympian in every respect. Just love that girl. Mao treasure the silver. No one has ever done three triple axels in an Olympics and it my never happen again. That's a statistic to be proud of.

i cannot find it online this is so hard not to see i keep looking :(

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by HCOSurfer View Post
    Lepisto's scores were the biggest joke of the competition. 126+? For a program with that content? WAKE UP JUDGES.
    She did a great 3+3 and 3 other triples. Yeah, she doubled one jump. Yuna got 150+ with 6 triples, and Mao and Joannie both got 130+ with more mistakes than Lepisto. I think this is a great moment for Laura, she's gaining consistency and the judges are rewarding her for that.

Custom Title
    THE ugliest medals EVER... It's so grotesquely big... Even the length is bad, I mean when you can't see the medal because of the reflex flower-holding position, you've messed up on the basic design... Kim should stick around for another 4 years and reclaim her thrown in Sochi simply to get a nicer piece of jewelry...

Mashimaro on Ice
    Okay. The standings remain from SP! Wow that's a first in a long time I think. I am so proud of Mao for doing that after Kim's performance. It must not have been easy and she was nervous I can tell. But the overscoring at this Olympics is a bit ridiculous. These skaters all had better performances before.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    But Yuna has that one medal Kwan did not get.
    lol, but you can't judge it based on just one medal. Cause then you would be saying Sarah Hughes and Tara Lapinski are better the Kwan

Why is Mao crying? She just won an Olympic silver medal. No small accomplishment. So happy for Orser. He finally has his Olympic gold medal....42

Tripping on the Podium
    This must be so huge in South Korea. I feel bad for Mao, I hope she gets her other triple jumps back. I am happy that Mirai did so well under pressure. I hope she continues to do well. And I am happy for Joannie to win a medal, she deserves it.

Custom Title
    Well, guys, maybe you'll hate what I will write, because I'm biased and uber fan and so on, but I'm gonna say it anyway.
    Yuna Kim is the best skater in the history! Just believe it! If you don't see it now, you'll see it later through years!

Thank God we have her with us! This night we all won! This is something that just can't happen in reality, but it happened! Amazing! Not taking anything from anybody, but that's how I see it.

Nobody, but Yuna.

Page 79 of 125 FirstFirst ... 29 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... LastLast