Page 83 of 125 FirstFirst ... 33 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1863

Thread: Ladies' LP

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    They should also be proud that all three of their skaters are in the top 10. Good job to Mao, Miki and Akiko! Also congrats to Mirai and Rachael for solid finishes...get that third spot back at Worlds! And look....do I see Russians at 9 and 10...NICE! And the Finnish women went from 10 and 17 to 6 and 11th. WOW!!
    The finns aren't just pretty....they can jump too! Way to represent Europe ladies

Feel like crying think its over, not sure why it was not working before. At leasr i saw the skating but had waited so long to see it.

Custom Title
    OK, how much perfect can this podium be?

1. Yu-Na Kim

This is perfection and that's all I can say. She deserved it definitely.

2. Mao Asada

I can't see her retire until she gets that gold medal lol She has now realized that she needs to do two triple-triples and two triple axels to beat Yu-Na! I can't wait for her new program next year!!

Something like

3A+2T
    3A
    3F+3Lo
    3S
    3F+3T
    3Lz
    2A

The order can be different of course but she will try to master that for the 2014 Olympics hopefully!!

3. Joannie Rochette!! Love her!! Great bronze medal performance and I almost cried when she received her medal!

4. Mirai! the one to watch out next year!!

And I actually missed everything except the last group... I fell asleep before the event and I woke up just in time!!

YAYAYAYAY!!

Proud Sarah Hughes Fan
    Before I go to sleep, I just wanted to give a HUGE congratulations to all 3 medalists as well as Mirai (no downgrades!). That was possibly the best skated ladies event in years.

Meanwhile in a parallel universe .... theresa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bibi24 View Post
    Hell no. YuNa's speed >>> Michelle, even Kwan has submitted to that.
    Speed in figure skating is nice but in no way, shape, or form is Yu-na is better than Michelle. Granted that Michelle never won gold, in years to come, Michelle will still be the most remembered for her skating and influence and Yu-na will be remembered for just the OGM.

Rinkside
    Congratulations to every single skater out there who performed today
    Participating in the olympics is an honour, you deserve every moment of it
    Be proud of yourselves!

Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post
    WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!! miraiiiiiiiiiii!!!!! love you!!!!!!! you showed everyone who you are. so proud of you!!!
    Mirai 4th place atn only 16 - she is the future!. So happy and proud of her.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gold12345 View Post
    But, seriously...It's like a European lady just HAS to be near the top, no matter how they actually skate. I like Lepisto to an extent, but come on, she didn't outskate Mirai in that LP. She always pops at least one jump.
    I'm honestly ok with the scores. I used to really dislike Lepisto because she got good scores while doing 2 or 3 triples, but here, she skated two good programs and was really on fire. Her 3t-3t got 1.80 GOE! With Carolina proving to be a headcase once again, I think Laura will take over as top European lady - where she skated so well tonight, I really saw just what a lovely skater she is. I also enjoyed Alena and Ksenia, they have bright futures!

Yu-na; what can I say; everyone has already said it. I cried with her! That was a beautiful performance and no one can take away a single thing from her. So proud of her!

Poor Mao looked just devastated; not the least bit happy. Part of that must be because she didn't skate her best; made two very rookie mistakes and that's what cost her. But also, just not winning after so many years of work has got to be tough. Poor girl; I hope Japan is kind to her and doesn't maul her too badly.

Joannie Rochette put down the performance she needed to without any HUGE errors (several small ones, though) and her bronze is well-deserved. I don't know if I quite agree with the huge gap between her and Mirai but Joannie does have a maturity and presence that I suppose only comes with time.

But Mirai...can I hear a massive WOOT WOOT!!!!!!?!?!!!!!!!!! What a way to start off the real quest! She wasn't even certain to MAKE it to Vancouver; this was such a bonus trip for her, and to go out there and keep it together(and NO downgrades!!!) and get fourth place, is SO amazing! I don't care what anyone says; that girl is going places. We've already seen her at rock bottom; there is nowhere she can go but up. SO massively happy for her!

A little puzzled that Rachel placed so low, but I can only imagine that Laura put out a real performance. NBC didn't show her skate so I don't know. Disappointing for Rachel, but all in all she gave a great performance and she has to be happy with the way her Olympics have gone. Now, onto Worlds, and a medal perhaps?

skating philosopher
    By the way, the splat count:
    1st group : 4
    2nd group: 2
    3rd group: 4 (3 of those were Carolina's :( )
    4th group: ZERO!!!!!! YAY!!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by kandidy View Post
    poor Mao is crying because of that damn stupid interview by stupid japanese reporter, leave her alone

I feel so bad for Mao. She did 2 triple axels, but made easy mistakes after that.

And GS hasn't crashed. What an all-around wonderful night. xD

I'm gone for ten minutes and I come back to see a small debate brewing of Michelle vs Yuna.

Tonight was Yuna's night. Let her have it.

Custom Title
    kyla2
    Daniel5555 not even close. Michelle has her beat on every level. Mirai will be next. Yu Na is a great jumper. there is so much more to figure skating buddy.
    Yuna can do things Michelle couldn't. Even before Olympics Yuna had done more than Michelle, not in terms of medals, but in terms of historical importance for a certain country. And now she has a medal Michelle never had.

Michelle has eternal place in the history and she was the best. But now the new time has come. The old heroes will not fade if the new ones appear. Now that's just my opinion.

And I'll still say it - Yuna Kim, the best, ever.

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    I'm honestly ok with the scores. I used to really dislike Lepisto because she got good scores while doing 2 or 3 triples, but here, she skated two good programs and was really on fire. Her 3t-3t got 1.80 GOE! With Carolina proving to be a headcase once again, I think Laura will take over as top European lady - where she skated so well tonight, I really saw just what a lovely skater she is. I also enjoyed Alena and Ksenia, they have bright futures!
    I watched her program too and she was absolutely gorgeous! That 3T-3T was solid and she also exluded her usual Lovely Laura qualities.

Page 83 of 125 FirstFirst ... 33 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... LastLast