Page 85 of 125 FirstFirst ... 35 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1863

Thread: Ladies' LP

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Gymfan15 View Post
    A little puzzled that Rachel placed so low, but I can only imagine that Laura put out a real performance. NBC didn't show her skate so I don't know. Disappointing for Rachel, but all in all she gave a great performance and she has to be happy with the way her Olympics have gone. Now, onto Worlds, and a medal perhaps?
    Rachael had 2 downgrades and was a little slow with her usual spins and spirals She did a great job but wasn't as spirited and bubbly as in the SP. Lepisto really did well though, she doubled one jump but hit a great 3t-3t and three more very solid, clean triples and two nice double axels, she was also really expressive. I thought her score was really high at first but after seeing what Yuna, Mao, Joannie, Mirai got I think it was deserved. When Laura's on - she's REALLY good. And so proud of Mirai, all along I knew she had it in her and was so good and now to skate last at the Olympics after Queen Yuna Kim breaks a world record, Mao becomes the first lady in history to land 3 3a's in competition, and Joannie delivers a great performance to a home crowd after her mother died, for Mirai to go out there, close the show, skate clean and express herself, and rotate all of her jumps....wow, that says something. She is a great, consistent competitor now and finally being acknowledged for the quality of her skating.

But overall a great night of skating! So proud of so many skaters

Rinkside
    I hate all of you who are comparing skaters...

Rinkside
    I'm SOSOSOSO Happy for Yuna!

OMG, She got the OGM!!!!!!!!!!!!
    What a champion she is!

Congratuation to all the top 10. Good job Mao, JoRo, Mirai, and Miki.

I'm really happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Eyes View Post
    Wow no falls in the last group. That is something to celebrate.
    Way to go, Ladies!
    Yeah, that itself is extraordinary. When's the last time that happened?

Custom Title
    aftertherain
    Then there was no need to bring Michelle into the conversation, Daniel5555.

This is Yuna's night. It was unnecessary to bring Michelle into it.
    Man, I agree with you. It wasn't me who did it. it was kyla2, I just answered to him.

boritalee
    I hate all of you who are comparing skaters...
    Sure, sorry.

Oh come on you guys. Comparing Michelle Kwan to Yu-Na Kim and arguing over which one is better is like comparing apples to oranges. Kim may have the OGM, but Michelle has the record and the titles. The OGM is not a lifetime acheivement award, as Michelle can attest to. IF Yuna skated for as long as Michelle did at the same level she did and had similar or better results, then maybe we can talk. They are both beautiful, amazing skaters with huge achievements under their belts, and they will BOTH be remembered in history; just for different things. Saying that one is "better" than the other is just stupid! Just because Nastia Liukin won the OGM, does that automatically make her better than Khorkina? I think not.

Banned
    Yuna would have been 9th in the men's competition, maybe it's time for her to switch?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    The exact same finish as Sasha at her first Olympics in 2002. Take that, Sasha "I think the U.S. women are hit and miss" Cohen! And with no falls either!
    At this point I think they should call Mirai the rock. She's skated last so many times and not let us down.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by wonbinfan86 View Post
    Yuna would have been 9th in the men's competition, maybe it's time for her to switch?
    I bet she'll do a quad toe next season! Take that Plushenko!

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by figuristka View Post
    When the medal ceremony is up can someone please give the link or upload it, surely a korean will have recorded it.
    A Korean? Hell, I recorded it. But it's a straight rip from my HDTV and is almost 1 GB...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Justafan View Post
    It turned out basically how I expected. I thought Yu-na was overscored...sorry but I just do and I think her skating style seems calculated...doesn't mean she's not a great skater..that's just how she comes across to me as a viewer. I have to wonder what sort of precedent that type of scoring will set for the future. I was disappointed that Mao didn't score higher but happy she landed her triple axels. I was really glad Joannie got her medal...what heart and determination she skated with. Sooo happy for Mirai...she has so much musicality and what a great future. Poor Rachael. I thought her posture looked poor tonight and sloppy on some of the spins. She looked like she was lacking some energy too. I haven't seen Lepisto yet so can't comment. Poor Miki :( I know she has to be so disappointed.
    yes i thought her LP was calculated too... ... not just the jumps but the colour she choose to wear as well

Mashimaro on Ice
    Yuna was great but who else thinks Mirai had the best performance of the night?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Gymfan15 View Post
    Oh come on you guys. Comparing Michelle Kwan to Yu-Na Kim and arguing over which one is better is like comparing apples to oranges. Kim may have the OGM, but Michelle has the record and the titles. The OGM is not a lifetime acheivement award, as Michelle can attest to. IF Yuna skated for as long as Michelle did at the same level she did and had similar or better results, then maybe we can talk. They are both beautiful, amazing skaters with huge achievements under their belts, and they will BOTH be remembered in history; just for different things. Saying that one is "better" than the other is just stupid! Just because Nastia Liukin won the OGM, does that automatically make her better than Khorkina? I think not.
    Plus they both had different scoring systems (well Kwan had one for a good deal of her time)

Quote Originally Posted by miki88 View Post
    Yuna was great but who else thinks Mirai had the best performance of the night?
    me. the components are not there yet but they soon will be. OGM favorite for Sochi in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Justafan View Post
    I have to wonder what sort of precedent that type of scoring will set for the future.
    Same here. It's a good thing it didn't affect the final placements but ever since the beginning of this season the ISU have been handing out personal bests like candy. :indiff:

Congrats to the medalists though, and generally speaking the top ladies all did well! (except...well, CaroK...argh)

Page 85 of 125 FirstFirst ... 35 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... LastLast