Ladies' LP | Page 89 | Golden Skate

Ladies' LP

christinaskater

Medalist
I'm so sad for Mao! Hope she stays and skates in Soichi. She did so well! Landing 2 triple axels!!!! Sadly she lost concentration in the flip and the toe. Had she landed those 2 jumps cleanly their scores would have been so much closer.

My friend who competed in the Olympics said to me
Winning an Olympic gold is like winning the world championships of 4 years
Winning the silver is 2 years
and the bronze-1 year

I said to her it maybe the grandest and biggest event in the sport but it's still one competition.

sydneyphoenix

Rinkside
lol! Has anyone done the math and figured out just exactly what a 'perfect' program would score? ;) I'd be curious!

I'm a total newbie, so don't want to intrude in the discussion, but yes, I've once done the maths, with only qualifier being no quad jumps in ladies.
Theoretical maximum short program score for ladies appears to be somewhere in the vicinity of 99.7 (59.70 TES + 40.00 PCS) with 3A + 3Lo, 3 Lz, 2A, level 4 spins, step, spiral, all with GOE 3.00.
Theoretical maximum free skate score seems to be around ~189 (~109 TES + 80.00 PCS): something like 3A + 3Lo, 3A + 2Lo + 2Lo, 3Lz + 3T, 3Lz, 3F, 3S, 2A + 2Lo + 2Lo (all in 2nd half-total fantasy!!), all level 4 non-jump elements as before, but in the first half. All elements with GOE +3.0. I am not sure if this ridiculous number loops do not violate Zayak rule. Also, the calculator I've used seem to have a slightly different point values for some of spins and spiral sequence-though about 1 point all up or so.
So if this crazy protocol is actually valid, the highest possible theoretical total score for ladies figure skating is 285-290. Wonder how high men will go if I make the protocols filled with 4A, 4Lz, etc!!

Last edited:

christinaskater

Medalist
Michelle is the classiest of all silver medalist in the Olympics!!!!!!

She made her silver shine like platinum!!! Heheheh (not Plushenko platinum)

It was MK's heart that shone through!

bethissoawesome

On the Ice
I hope Mao stays around for 2014, as she is still in good physical condition and definitely is an inspiration for the younger Japanese skaters... Mao also seems like she left these Olympics unsatisified and still has more she wants to prove. Yu-Na also is an inspiration, but mini-Yu-Na (hehe) should be ready to be South Korea's big figure skating star by 2014... Yu-Na has been having injuries and other physical problems since the '05-'06 season to the point that she was ready to quit before going Senior. I'd love for her to keep competing, but I don't know if her body can hold out for 4 more years (especially with such demanding programs) if it has already been giving her such trouble for 4 years already, and she can also end her career with Gold medals at every major competition, and the OGM came with the two best programs she has ever put together in one competition. Out of the top 6 finishers... I'd venture to say only Mao and Mirai will be around for 2014 Sochi.

bethissoawesome

On the Ice
I'm a total newbie, so don't want to intrude in the discussion, but yes, I've once done the maths, with only qualifier being no quad jumps in ladies.
Theoretical maximum short program score for ladies appears to be somewhere in the vicinity of 99.7 (59.70 TES + 40.00 PCS) with 3A + 3Lo, 3 Lz, 2A, level 4 spins, step, spiral, all with GOE 3.00.
Theoretical maximum free skate score seems to be around ~189 (~109 TES + 80.00 PCS): something like 3A + 3Lo, 3A + 2Lo + 2Lo, 3Lz + 3T, 3Lz, 3F, 3S, 2A + 2Lo + 2Lo (all in 2nd half-total fantasy!!), all level 4 non-jump elements as before, but in the first half. All elements with GOE +3.0. I am not sure if this ridiculous number loops do not violate Zayak rule. Also, the calculator I've used seem to have a slightly different point values for some of spins and spiral sequence-though about 1 point all up or so.
So if this crazy protocol is actually valid, the highest possible theoretical total score for ladies figure skating is 285-290. Wonder how high men will go if I make the protocols filled with 4A, 4Lz, etc!!

You can only have 3 jumping combinations, and there is a maximum time you can repeat the same jump.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Theoretical maximum free skate score seems to be around ~189 (~109 TES + 80.00 PCS): something like 3A + 3Lo, 3A + 2Lo + 2Lo, 3Lz + 3T, 3Lz, 3F, 3S, 2A + 2Lo + 2Lo (all in 2nd half-total fantasy!!), all level 4 non-jump elements as before, but in the first half. All elements with GOE +3.0.

A skater is only allowed to attempt 1 3-jump combo pass (and only 3 combination jump passes in total), so the 2A+2lo+2lo has to be only a 2A or else the entire jump pass will receive zero credit.

Also, I can't believe such an unbalanced LP would receive high PCS. Transitions and program balance and construction is a heavily judged factor of the PCS scoring. Having all non-jump elements in the first half and all jumping elements in the second half of the program would hopefully be heavily penalized by the panel.

Last edited:

sydneyphoenix

Rinkside
You can only have 3 jumping combinations, and there is a maximum time you can repeat the same jump.

Is that so even for double jump? If that's the case, I guess some of 2Lo will have to change to 2T, bringing down total by slight amount.
How about 3A + 3Lo, 3A + 2Lo + 2Lo, 3Lz + 3T, 3Lz, 3F, 3S, 2A, is it a valid jump protocol?

bekalc

Record Breaker
I think it's totally arguable (although "arguable" sounds unpleasant so I'd rather go with "debatable") :p I didn't think Yuna's transitions were that remarkable. She had the ina bauer and spread eagle, but Mirai also had an ina bauer and difficult footwork into her second lutz. Transition wise, I'd give Yuna an edge but Mirai's edge in spins and spirals makes up for that. As far as "KinderCarmen" and "maturity" goes, that's an opinion. I for one loved the bubbly/cute interpretation of Carmen. I really don't want to see another serious, dramatic Carmen program in my life if I can help it :)

Kim had more than just difficult footwork into just one jump. (Once again as I said in every jumping pass except the 3/3). Things like like footwork into her 3sal. Doing the 3lutz at the end of her program and doing a twizzle. After her 3flip, Yu-na did a move right after that jump. And I think she may have had footwork into her 3lutz as well.

And once again the issue is every program with Mirai is cutsy. Every single one. I love Mirai she's adorable. But.....

Last edited:

bethissoawesome

On the Ice
Totally off topic, but...do you have triplets? :rock:

lol no... after a bout of Meningitis which has now permanently taken me off the ice, I applied and just found out I got into the Royal Academy of Music and Moscow Conservatory. So perhaps it was a blessing in disguise, I would have had a hard time choosing if I knew I could still be skating. At least going back into music will put my Math major to good use. Everyone around me was saying the only choice left would be teaching math, and while I love math, I'm a terrible teacher. So it's music triplets :)

A skater is only allowed to attempt 1 3-jump combo pass (and only 3 combination jump passes in total), so the 2A+2lo+2lo has to be only a 2A or else the entire jump pass will receive zero credit.

OK, what about this? Change the 2A+2Lo+2Lo to a 2A+2A sequence.

Better yet, combine the 3F and 3S into a sequence, then do two full credit double Axels for the last two passes.

Now we get really crazy. Do a 3Lz+3Lz combo with the second Lutz going off the opposite foot in the opposite direction. :yes: Change the first combo to 3A+3Lo+3T (dropping one of the 2Lo's from the second element.) This frees up another jumping pass for yet another 2A.

bethissoawesome

On the Ice
Is that so even for double jump? If that's the case, I guess some of 2Lo will have to change to 2T, bringing down total by slight amount.
How about 3A + 3Lo, 3A + 2Lo + 2Lo, 3Lz + 3T, 3Lz, 3F, 3S, 2A, is it a valid jump protocol?

You could do 3A+3Lo, 3A+3T, 3Lz+3T+3Lo (to maximize the jumping passes), then add in another solo 3A, 3Lz, 3F, 3S. I believe that would give you the maximum point value without breaking any rules.

lol no... after a bout of Meningitis which has now permanently taken me off the ice, I applied and just found out I got into the Royal Academy of Music and Moscow Conservatory. So perhaps it was a blessing in disguise,

Sorry about your illness, but wow! and congratulations on your new opportunity in music. ♫ ♪

Yes, I think that's valid. If I remember correctly double jumps are not subject to Zayak rules.

But I think you can beat that layout point-wise, with 3A+3Lo+2Lo, 3A, 3Lz+3T, 3Lz, 3F, 3S, 2A+2A seq. :)

bethissoawesome

On the Ice
hmm that's true... you'd have to then do 3A+2Lo+2Lo, 3A, 3Lz+3T, 3Lz+3Lo, 3F, 3S, 2A ... then you are only repeating the 3Lz and 3A. Without a quad... that jump setup is probably the best you could get off.