Johnny Weir - great response to gender question | Golden Skate

Johnny Weir - great response to gender question

heyang

Record Breaker
BTW, I tried to find an actual video/audio clip of the broadcasters (not real hard, but I did try) because I'm not sure if this has been over hyped and/or if it was joking or really serious (either way, it doesn't have a place in the broadcast booth IMHO.)

It really disappoints me when people assume that a male skater must be gay. There may be a higher percentage of homosexual men compared to other sports, but that does not mean that anything should be assumed. In Rudy Galindo's biography, he says there aren't as many gay men as people assume; otherwise, he'd be having more 'fun'. Personally, a person's private prefernces should not be speculated about - unless, of course, they make an announcement of their own....

janetfan

Match Penalty
He's been inspiring at these Games, in more ways than one.

Johnny showed very good skating and good sportsmanship and kept things interesting and fun in Vancouver.
I hope he can skate well at Wolrds and add another medal to his resume.

Wicked

Final Flight
Johnny showed grace and class with his response. He's really grown a lot. He's comfortable in his own skin and is an advocate for others to be themselves. He's going to become a role model if he keeps this up.

SweetPea21307

Rinkside
Johnny showed grace and class with his response. He's really grown a lot. He's comfortable in his own skin and is an advocate for others to be themselves. He's going to become a role model if he keeps this up.

I second that! Yay Johnny!