Thread: Who Will Skate at the Gala?

Hybrid View

Custom Title

Who Will Skate at the Gala?

So when will the list of skaters for the gala be available?

Custom Title
    If it follows other events and past O's it should be the top 5 skaters in each event, plus all Canadian competitors, since the 'home' skaters get to participate, regardless of their result (IIRC).

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    There is supposed to be a petition going around to have a special invitation issued to Johnny Weir to skate. Lady Gaga has said she will attend if Johnny skates. I don't know whether it is true, but I think it's a heck of an idea in any case.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    This petition made my day! It would be hilarious if they will let him!! I dont know how IOC will react but it would be a great idea! gO Johnny!

Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    This petition made my day! It would be hilarious if they will let him!! I dont know how IOC will react but it would be a great idea! gO Johnny!
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    There is supposed to be a petition going around to have a special invitation issued to Johnny Weir to skate. Lady Gaga has said she will attend if Johnny skates. I don't know whether it is true, but I think it's a heck of an idea in any case.
    It would be a great idea, and Johnny is better at show skating than he is at competition. I wonder how much NBC will show at the Gala?

Custom Title
    there's also a facebook group, something like "it's not a gala without Johnny's Poker Face", for having him skate in the gala

Lady Gaga has said she will attend if Johnny skates. I don't know whether it is true, but I think it's a heck of an idea in any case.
    OMG, can you imagine if she performed while he did it? That would blow the roof off the place! And Johnny would be in Gaga heaven which would be totally fun to watch.

Waiting for on-ice perfection.
    Quote Originally Posted by kiz_4Ever View Post
    "it's not a gala without Johnny's Poker Face"
    I must join that group... I love Johnny Gaga.
    Anyways, does anyone know what happened with the petition? Johnny so deserves to skate, as he WUZROBBED during the actual competition.