Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Will Skate at the Gala?

Custom Title

Who Will Skate at the Gala?

So when will the list of skaters for the gala be available?

Custom Title
    If it follows other events and past O's it should be the top 5 skaters in each event, plus all Canadian competitors, since the 'home' skaters get to participate, regardless of their result (IIRC).

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    There is supposed to be a petition going around to have a special invitation issued to Johnny Weir to skate. Lady Gaga has said she will attend if Johnny skates. I don't know whether it is true, but I think it's a heck of an idea in any case.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    This petition made my day! It would be hilarious if they will let him!! I dont know how IOC will react but it would be a great idea! gO Johnny!

Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    This petition made my day! It would be hilarious if they will let him!! I dont know how IOC will react but it would be a great idea! gO Johnny!
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    There is supposed to be a petition going around to have a special invitation issued to Johnny Weir to skate. Lady Gaga has said she will attend if Johnny skates. I don't know whether it is true, but I think it's a heck of an idea in any case.
    It would be a great idea, and Johnny is better at show skating than he is at competition. I wonder how much NBC will show at the Gala?

Custom Title
    there's also a facebook group, something like "it's not a gala without Johnny's Poker Face", for having him skate in the gala

Lady Gaga has said she will attend if Johnny skates. I don't know whether it is true, but I think it's a heck of an idea in any case.
    OMG, can you imagine if she performed while he did it? That would blow the roof off the place! And Johnny would be in Gaga heaven which would be totally fun to watch.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    If lady gaga performs with Johnny I m taking the first plane to Vancouver! And I m not even a fan of this music, lol!
    I ll join the Fb page!

That would be awesome if he skated to her singing live at a show.

Johnny missed out on a gala spot by what, one placement? And he's arguably one of the best performers of the men, and has a very "hip" program that the home viewing audience would probably enjoy. And if you could get Lady Gaga to sing live while he's skating = epic win. Hope they let him skate!

Why not in the final close down of olympics? That would give the performance a much, much bigger audience Or is that show too strictly planned already? I am expecting lots of good FS there anyway ... or I will be disappointed.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Besides, Chan would be inviited if he were 6th instead of 5th. (all Canadian skaters typically would appear at the gala) It would be no different in the number of performances. And given Joannie & V&M also are in the top 5, there's definitely room for Johnny!

Throwing tomatoes at corrupt judges Audrey19's Avatar
    And he deserves to skate in the gala, as he deserved a better placement than he got(especially compared to Chan!)
    Johnny

Quote Originally Posted by Audrey19 View Post
    And he deserves to skate in the gala, as he deserved a better placement than he got(especially compared to Chan!)
    Johnny
    I second that! Go Johnny!

Custom Title
    In LA, where the USA had three in mens and dance, we saw the top five skate and then the top American of the rest - so we saw all three of the dancers, but not Jeremy Abbott (but we did see Mroz, if I recall), and only one pair (both were outside the top five). So I don't know if the rule is all the top five and the top homeboy/girl/team of the rest.

Agree that I'd rather see Wier and I do hope they invite him.

Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast