Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Will Skate at the Gala?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    there is no way Chan wont be at the gala. I mean I d like to see him! And no Stephane??? NO STEPHANE??
    which gala denies Lambiel???
    I know. What a shame, since he's such a great show skater.

Custom Title
    ^^ I hope it's just a typo on SC website. Otherwise, it seems to go out of their way to say to Chan that you are not good enough.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Johnny in his twitter says he leaves Vancouver in some hours :(
    I guess no bad romance in gala, I was dreaming of Johnny skating to it with the highlight of the song, I m a free beach baby, dedicate to judges who marked him down.

There's always Torino next month!

I guess we'll always have the memories!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTaVkbl3Dp4

And great choice for JoRo! That's one of my favorite Ex. from her.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Pix from gala practice, i saw the 4th in pairs and ladies so I guess Lamby will skate.

awwww so cute pictures from the practice!!

Thank God for Stephane Lambiel and Matt Savoie! shine's Avatar
    Thank god Lambiel is skating.
    I hope he skates to La Traviata, and show us how that program can really shine.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ren View Post
    Somewhat OT:

There's a picture of Mirai, Yu-Na and Daisuke from a Japanese article; apparently it's from exhibition practice. So unless Mirai was just there for a photo-op, I think 4th place finishers are included in the gala. The link is: http://mainichi.jp/enta/sports/10oly...50027000c.html I stumbled across the picture on the thread Nice article and Picture (Mirai, Yu-Na, and Daisuke) "Relief at exhibition practices" began by bethissoawesome.
    I think Mirai will be at the Gala. Wow though, I can't believe Dai is smaller than Yuna and Mirai!

Quote Originally Posted by i love to skate View Post
    Joannie has announced that she is bringing back her performance of "Vole" by Celine Dion to skate in tribute of her mother (the song is about someone passing). She performed this program back in 2007 and it was one of her mother's favourites. Joannie also said that her mother loved Celine Dion and Celine sent flowers to her today and she was also able to speak to Celine and her husband, Rene. I was so hoping she would bring this back and it is one of my favourite programs from her:
    I was also wondering the same thing and happy to hear Joannie's decided to bring this one back. For those who would like the know the French translation...This song in English is Fly and can be found on Celine's Falling Into You album. It's dedicated to her niece who passed away from Cystic Fibroisis and Joannie chose it originally to dedicate to her friend who passed away in that car accident a few years ago...

Fly

Fly, fly little wing
    Fly beyond imagining
    The softest cloud, the whitest dove
    Upon the wind of heaven's love
    Past the planets and the stars
    Leave this lonely world of ours
    Escape the sorrow and the pain
    And fly again

Fly, fly precious one
    Your endless journey has begun
    Take your gentle happiness
    Far too beautiful for this
    Cross over to the other shore
    There is peace forevermore
    But hold this mem'ry bittersweet
    Until we meet

Fly, fly do not fear
    Don't waste a breath, don't shed a tear
    Your heart is pure, your soul is free
    Be on your way, don't wait for me
    Above the universe you'll climb
    On beyond the hands of time
    The moon will rise, the sun will set
    But I won't forget

Fly, fly little wing
    Fly where only angels sing
    Fly away, the time is right
    Go now, find the light

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    I think Mirai will be at the Gala. Wow though, I can't believe Dai is smaller than Yuna and Mirai!
    Dai and Yu-Na are around the same height. The Vancouver 2010 website lists Daisuke as 165 cm., while Yu-Na is 164 cm. I think Dai looks shorter because of the angle at which the picture was taken. He is in the foreground.

I am looking forward to the exhibition! I am glad Stephane will skate (though I wish somehow Johnny was, too, because Pokerface is great). What is Mirai's exhibition piece?
    Last edited by Ren; 02-27-2010 at 03:44 PM.

Custom Title
    Dai and Yu-Na are around the same height. The Vancouver 2010 website lists Daisuke as 165 cm., while Yu-Na is 164 cm. I think Dai looks shorter because of the angle at which the picture was taken. He is in the foreground.

I am looking forward to the exhibition! I am glad Stephane will skate (though I wish somehow Johnny was, too, because Pokerface is great). What is Mirai's exhibition piece?

7-day fool. It's cute

Rinkside
    What are Tessa and Scott skating to?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FutureRockette View Post
    What are Tessa and Scott skating to?
    Aren't they resurrecting their Everybody Dance Now routine where Tessa looks like a ballet dancer and Scott is dressed up in a hockey jersey (I think)? I sure hope so. That exhibition piece is really fun.

Custom Title

Yes, I would have liked to see Johnny Weir too. I hope Chan isn't there because he has acted like a spoilt brat and doesn't deserve too.

Custom Title
    Aren't they resurrecting their Everybody Dance Now routine where Tessa looks like a ballet dancer and Scott is dressed up in a hockey jersey (I think)? I sure hope so. That exhibition piece is really fun.
    yes. that is what is listed.

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast