Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Will Skate at the Gala?

Spending too much time at the arena CdnSkateWatcher's Avatar
    Can we please stop the ladies from pushing the envelope on the use of illusion? I do not like the fake naked look on Asada!

On the Ice
    Not just that; Mao has such a beautiful figure and a pretty face, whoever keeps putting her in these atrocious costumes should be... no, I won't say it, in case I offend those of you who might like her dresses.

Go marry the quad if you love it so much DesertRoad's Avatar
    Good god, who are these jokers? These two kids who are allegedly ice dancers, but have the skating skills of the 5th place Chinese pairs team. They can't even stay on their feet doing crossovers. This is what we get in lieu of Johny Weir and the DelSchoes? Terribad.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar

can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    Wow, Takahashi...beautiful.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertRoad View Post
    Good god, who are these jokers? These two kids who are allegedly ice dancers, but have the skating skills of the 5th place Chinese pairs team. They can't even stay on their feet doing crossovers. This is what we get in lieu of Johny Weir and the DelSchoes? Terribad.
    Given that they are pre-novice skaters, I don't really get this comment. I'll agree that I don't think non-Olympians should skate in the Gala, but ease off insulting two youth because you don't like the organization's choices (if I recall, these two skaters along with Nam skated at 4CC in 2009, and it's not unheard of for skaters who represent the country to skate at World Champions/Olympics).

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRoad View Post
    Pre-novice is one of the entry levels to competitive skating in Canada. Juvenile is the first level; these are very young kids who are doing a great job, IMHO, in front of a huge crowd. In Canada, these kids don't even go to our Junior Nationals at this level, they stop at a lower level, and this is the biggest skate likely of their lives. I think they did a great job, but, hey, I've got a pre-nov F/S of my own, and I've watched a lot of pre-nov dancers ... they are our Champions at this level! Sure, I'd like to see all of the top 10, but, at the Olympics, I think it's appropriate to celebrate and show the ones who are still aspiring to make it to the Olympics in the next cycle. We saw quite a few locals at 4CC's gala, didn't we?

Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    Thanks! Have some popcorn!

Tripping on the Podium
    Did I miss Joannie? I just turned it on and it looks like the silver medalists are already skating. Don't they usually do these things in reverse order of finish?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaS View Post
    Did I miss Joannie? I just turned it on and it looks like the silver medalists are already skating. Don't they usually do these things in reverse order of finish?
    No you haven't missed Joannie. This isn't in any order (medallist wise, anyway)

Custom Title
    Why were skaters who didn't even compete at the Olympics invited to the gala? Who came up with that idea?

Quote Originally Posted by LisaS View Post
    Daisuke, local skaters, and that's it so far.

Tripping on the Podium
    Forget it, I just found the schedule.

Custom Title
    Okay, P/T just performed the hell out of that exhibition. Wow.

Grrr feed! I wanna see Miki!

Nevermind... Miki is on!

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast