Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Will Skate at the Gala?

Go marry the quad if you love it so much DesertRoad's Avatar
    Horrible music choices so far. It's an adagio of a bleeding bad day.

Who do you think Yuko's gonna rip her heart again? Anyway... Sasha

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan O View Post
    My comments are not trollish. Don't throw that term around when it doesn't apply.

And he does not have every right to skate tonight. There are people all over the forums on the internet who are outraged that he is at the gala and not Johnny.
    Canada (because they are the host nation) gets to pick which Canadians they want to skate in the gala. Chan would have been there no matter where he placed.

Spending too much time at the arena CdnSkateWatcher's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by i love to skate View Post
    Canada (because they are the host nation) gets to pick which Canadians they want to skate in the gala. Chan would have been there no matter where he placed.
    Dube and Davison aren't skating are they - ? I was wondering why ... I guess the organizers decided to stick strictly to the top 5 regardless of nationality. Torino all of the Italians skated, IIRC.

can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    K/S are very impressive....really enjoying this.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Ooook..I think I ll leave pbp... have fun! It is a gala of skaters guys, no negativity needed, just enjoy it !

Quote Originally Posted by CdnSkateWatcher View Post
    Dube and Davison aren't skating are they - ? I was wondering why ... I guess the organizers decided to stick strictly to the top 5 regardless of nationality. Torino all of the Italians skated, IIRC.
    No, they aren't. That's why Joannie is wearing Jessica's dress

ETA:
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    Ooook..I think I ll leave pbp... have fun! It is a gala of skaters guys, no negativity needed, just enjoy it !
    Me too! GS what has happened to you....

Custom Title
    So who's bendier, Kavaguti or Khoklova?

It was cute! However I was too focused on Sasha's muscles!

Yay Mao's next!

Custom Title
    Incredibly cute program from K/S. Liking them more by the minute.

Lambiel is the best!!
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertRoad View Post
    Oh god, not the Adagio again. Why won't it die? Why?

Poor Daisuke on that camel. I haven't seen spin that bad since people insisted random kids plucked from the street had more of a right to skate in the gala than Johnny Weir.
    Dies Irae? Really, Miki? An even more somber and dire program than your already funereal competitive programs? Where's the fun? And that dress, I've seen more risque outfits on those Mormon fundamentalist chicks.
    There are about a billion better versions of Yesterday. I mean, how about just the original? Is Colson a great big fan of Michael Bolton or something? In that case, is it really worth doing a tribute to him?
    2005 called, it wants S/S back with that awful "Bad Day" song. Oh wait, 2005 changed its mind after seeing those jeans.
    Urgh, I made it through these Olympics without being subjected to Celine Dion's caterwauling, and then Joannie ambushes me with this. Love is over, part II. My ears, they bleed. And speaking of bleeding...
    DesertRoad, going through this thread, I'm at a point where I don't even need to look at the handlename to guess which comments are coming from whom.

Just about all the negative, overly unnecessarily critical ones are from you.
    It's just a gala for goodness' sakes.
    Relax some and enjoy it!

Custom Title
    That is not the only point here - the point is that he has badly represented Canada by his behaviour and that he was given higher marks than he should have been and was placed above Weir unfairly.

And none of the other non-medalist Canadians who competed are at the gala, so Chan was once again given special treatment. If he is there, so should Dube & Davison, Langlois & Hay, Crone & Poirier, Cynthia Phaneuf and Vaughn Chipeur.

Spending too much time at the arena CdnSkateWatcher's Avatar
    No, they aren't. That's why Joannie is wearing Jessica's dress

ETA:

Me too! GS what has happened to you....
    I was wondering why it didn't look like the dress fit correctly. I am imagining that Joannie was looking for a dress that suited the occasion, and the deep purple and discreet styling would have done it. And yeah, I'm off too ... I love galas, they celebrate sport and achievement, and are supposed to be fun. When people can't let go and enjoy it ... that rather makes me want to exit gracefully.

Glad to see Mao have fun and smile!

Time for some popcorn, it's Senorita's hubby Plushenko!

(and we're spared of the Dima Bilan poopie but we got Johnny Hallyday music instead)

Loving this carefree, light Mao.

Here comes La Plush...

Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast