Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread: Who Will Skate at the Gala?

Custom Title
    Miki why isn't your LP like that? If you skated like that bronze medal would be yours!

Banned
    I thought Mao had no say in which music she should have. I do love her SP music. It was heavy and very melodic. Her LP was not good. Every skater got some pointers to what they have to better.

Mao will be back. She has an edge in that axel and I think she has some beautiful spirals and spins.

Unfortunately I don't feel any emotion from Miki either. I like her but there just is no real emotions for me.

Nagasu might turn into something soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ice&Glass View Post
    OMG, I noticed that too!!! Not great enough to make uncle Dick happy, but still.
    I was so excited to see that she worked on it! I saw a lot of improvement in her spins in lp, too.
    Uncle Dick said her leg position in the layback is not the best - and then he said it is really a minor point.
    He said Yuna is the most athletic and most elegant Lady skater he has ever seen.
    High praise indeed as Button has seen them all.

Custom Title
    kudos to her

ETA: I just found pictures of the layback on Yuna's forum. Judge for yourself.

http://yunaforum.com/forum/index.php...ic=1208&st=200 (you have to scroll down a little)
    Last edited by yunasashafan; 02-28-2010 at 01:27 PM.

Custom Title
    Our Finnish male Eurosport commentator has a rather ugly voice and an annoying way to speak. In competitions his opinions are strong, combined with very little actual CoP-knowledge. His best feauture is that he understands to keep his mouth shut during exhibition numbers, LOL. The Scandinavian Eurosport showed us the following skaters:

introduction starting from Ando
    Takahashi
    Pang/Tong
    Faiella/Scali
    Chan
    Savchenko/Szolkowy
    Rochette
    Kawaguti/Smirnov
    Asada
    Plushenko (he actually interpreted music...)
    Domnina/Shabalin (horrible black costumes)
    Lambiel
    Davis/White
    Kim
    Shen/Zhao
    Lysacek
    Virtue/Moir
    the closing number, unfortunately one had to look at the singer way too much!!!

The absolute highlights for me were:
    Lysacek skating so strongly to his beautiful Rhapsody in Blue programme, WOW
    Shen/Zhao, what a beautiful number they had!!!
    Kim
    Lambiel
    Rochette
    Pang/Tong, really great!
    Takahashi, a very elegant number and I really liked the music.

Quote Originally Posted by jenaj View Post
    But I wish he could have come up with something new. He's the Olympic Gold Medalist! You would think we would have had something special, not a repeat for the umpteenth time of his World's LP.
    You think that he knew beforehand that he becomes the Olympic champion?

I read somewhere that Evan was planning to have some other music, but maybe SOI wants him to introduce it on tour the first time?
    Last edited by Jaana; 02-28-2010 at 01:30 PM.

Tripping on the Podium
    Both these links don't work for me. (NYC) and Youtube has removed Mao's Gala video due to copyright laws. NOW WHAT!!! I really want to see Mao. Can anyone help.

Quote Originally Posted by Jo1 View Post
    Both these links don't work for me. (NYC) and Youtube has removed Mao's Gala video due to copyright laws. NOW WHAT!!! I really want to see Mao. Can anyone help.
    If you live in the US, nbcolympics.com should work. go there and click on video and search..

Custom Title
    Just watched a couple of the skates that weren't shown last nite. Marai was very nice but S&Z were just mesmerizing. They are truly a special pair. NBC are truly jackasses for not showing the whole gala. Back in the day, ABC always showed the top4 finishers, in every discipline. Even if they wanted to wait until this afternoon, when all they showed for the past 3 hours was a 50K Cross Co race with no American contenders, that would've been ok with me.

Well, time for US--Canada so I'll watch the others from last nite between periods.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by yunasashafan View Post
    kudos to her

ETA: I just found pictures of the layback on Yuna's forum. Judge for yourself.

http://yunaforum.com/forum/index.php...ic=1208&st=200 (you have to scroll down a little)
    These are very nice photos, but none of the photos show the exact moment when she was completely turned out (at the very end of the spin when she had her arms pulled in to her chest). Still, the photos show her foot position to be better than in her competitive programs! I do hope that she continues to work on this as I do love a good turnout. Yuna's back position has always been lovely though. Gosh, there is so much to worry about when competing...Not only do skaters have to think about their multiple positions, they also have to count the number of revolutions between each of the changes.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by darializa View Post
    These are very nice photos, but none of the photos show the exact moment when she was completely turned out (at the very end of the spin when she had her arms pulled in to her chest). Still, the photos show her foot position to be better than in her competitive programs! I do hope that she continues to work on this as I do love a good turnout. Yuna's back position has always been lovely though. Gosh, there is so much to worry about when competing...Not only do skaters have to think about their multiple positions, they also have to count the number of revolutions between each of the changes.
    Yeah, I am still hunting for those. Stupid NBC decided to go for an aerial shot right at the moment when she was pulling her arms in.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by newvie View Post
    About Yuna, she still has some points to improve, but I think she's one of the few skaters who can skate to any kind of music and be the music itself. Example: Yuna practicing her Gershwin steps to different music
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58ek52qmtE4
    Wow, this is amazing. I don't want to be overly critical. But this shows much better of a skater Yuna is compared to Mao. I think Yuna actually could have made that awful music of Bells of Moscow work.

Mao, this video makes it obvious you have a lot of work to do. I like you as a skater but your team, your music and your choreo is killing your skating. Please change everything and go back to basic skating and find your own voice on ice. I pray for you.

Mashimaro on Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by aurora100 View Post
    Wow, this is amazing. I don't want to be overly critical. But this shows much better of a skater Yuna is compared to Mao. I think Yuna actually could have made that awful music of Bells of Moscow work.

Mao, this video makes it obvious you have a lot of work to do. I like you as a skater but your team, your music and your choreo is killing your skating. Please change everything and go back to basic skating and find your own voice on ice. I pray for you.
    How can you compare the two when the choreography is totally different? :sheesh: It's not like Yuna skated to the same choreography that TAT designed. It may only look better to you because you prefer her LP choreography more. Also if you check the protocals, Mao actually scored higher than Yuna on step sequences. hehe. And Mao doesn't need any prayer from someone who doesn't even appreciate her skating to criticize her like this.
    Last edited by miki88; 02-28-2010 at 05:09 PM.

Custom Title
    Canada 2-1 after 2 periods. Watched a few more videos from last nite. Liked Mao but was really loved Ando, who is not usually one of my favorites. I think she should buidl an actual program around Requiem. She showed more artistry than I can remember in any of her competitive programs.

Custom Title
    Well I caught this Gala on some webcast the other day, and I was blown away by The King's exhibition skate! Honestly, I enjoyed it more than both his SP & FS put together. That's the old king, the one I miss the most. Here's hoping he does something phenomenal like this when he comes back for Sochi in 2014.

I suppose I'm too late to catch any of the exhibition skates on NBC, but I didn't want to wade through all that, but here's hoping they repeat it sometime in the future, as the only one I'm interested in saving on my Olympic tape is Zhenya's.

Custom Title
    Well I just watched it. I havent watched any exhbition this season and It was nice and all but I kinda miss old gala exhibitions that were more show oriented. Most of the numbers were the skaters circling around the rink to more accesible music and without competitive elements. Only VirtueMoir, Plushenko and SS grabbed my atention.

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast