Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Thread: Who Will Skate at the Gala?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ice&glass View Post
    i agree with this. Yuna seems to be naturally more reserved and mature yet understands the music so well. It is a different kind of passion.
    The fact that she is able to put her own emotions aside when skating makes her even more versatile. She absorbs whichever music she skates to, like a sponge.
    When i watch yuna's miss saigon, danse macabre, scheherazade, 007 and gershwin, i get amazed by how one person can be so expressive-- a special, special talent, for sure.
    ita!!!

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by aurora100 View Post
    Yah I noticed that too. She kissed him first then he responded. My goodness communist China has come a long way for women especially. I wonder what Chinese audience think of that. Not only China, but this is something that Asian couples do not do in public for anything. Fun fun fun.
    Eh....I was really enjoying the reports on the gala when I saw this. China is very open and liberal about these things nowadays. And it's always been a pretty good country when it comes to gender equality. I don't think anybody below the age of 70 minded. Most Chinese people love their story and were probably really happy for them.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pshla View Post
    Eh....I was really enjoying the reports on the gala when I saw this. China is very open and liberal about these things nowadays. And it's always been a pretty good country when it comes to gender equality. I don't think anybody below the age of 70 minded. Most Chinese people love their story and were probably really happy for them.
    Agreed. This is a non-issue in China. Everyone knows their story, and at any rate, they are a married couple. But I doubt the kissing would have mattered even if they weren't married.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice&Glass View Post
    Really? When? Not that I don't trust you, but I just find it too good to believe
    Maybe this.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EA4j4Eezv14

With the end of the gala yesterday and the Closing Ceremony today, I'm a bit sad that the Olympics are over, even with NBC's crappy coverage and all ...

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by miki88 View Post
    How can you compare the two when the choreography is totally different? :sheesh: It's not like Yuna skated to the same choreography that TAT designed. It may only look better to you because you prefer her LP choreography more. Also if you check the protocals, Mao actually scored higher than Yuna on step sequences. hehe. And Mao doesn't need any prayer from someone who doesn't even appreciate her skating to criticize her like this.
    To be honest, I was not very impressed with Yuna's choreography. It was probably because I didn't like her music at all from the beginning (I rather preferred Mao's LP music). And when I watched the clip, I realized the importance of the interpretation. The music was no longer heavy and depressive.

No one doubts about Mao's skating ability. I also think Mao's step sequence was made more difficult than that of Yuna. Mao certainly moved a lot, but then again, I'm not sure if it really expressed the essence of the music. So, she got a level 4 in the step sequences, but what about in PCS interpretation?

I think she wanted to show that she could also interpret non-fairy music, but i guess she'll still have to stick to light/joyful/elegant music. That's the music she expresses very well and that's the music many people (including me) want to see her skating to.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CdnSkateWatcher View Post
    Somebody has floated a balloon down onto the ice ...
    Was that supposed to happen? I was confused.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    He said Yuna is the most athletic and most elegant Lady skater he has ever seen.
    High praise indeed as Button has seen them all.
    OMG, this is the first time I actually agree with Button in something...

Rinkside
    I was so excited to watch the Exibition Gala and so very disappointed when I did not get to see some skaters, especially, Shen and Zhao! The GOLD MEDAL winners and NBC did not see the need to show them. I do not understand what could have been going through their minds! We even had to watch delayed viewing some of the
    skating competitions.
    I read above that they saw the Gala on MSNBC the next day. They could have at least told us when and where it would be available for us to view.
    Does anyone have a link or any info where me might find these performances.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by sar View Post
    I was so excited to watch the Exibition Gala and so very disappointed when I did not get to see some skaters, especially, Shen and Zhao! The GOLD MEDAL winners and NBC did not see the need to show them. I do not understand what could have been going through their minds! We even had to watch delayed viewing some of the
    skating competitions.
    I read above that they saw the Gala on MSNBC the next day. They could have at least told us when and where it would be available for us to view.
    Does anyone have a link or any info where me might find these performances.
    Thank you
    Try this link. It worked for me a few days ago. It was great to see the Gala from start to finish.

http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/[color=red]*[/color][color=red]*[/color][color=red]*[/color]...xhibition+gala
    Last edited by demarinis5; 03-05-2010 at 08:26 AM.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    Try this link. It worked for me a few days ago. It was great to see the Gala from start to finish.

http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/[color=red]*[/color][color=red]*[/color][color=red]*[/color]...xhibition+gala
    demarinis5, Thank you so much for the link. It was very nice of you to post it. I thoroughly enjoyed, had a few problems but I did get to watch it.
    Thanks again!!
    sar

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    Well I caught this Gala on some webcast the other day, and I was blown away by The King's exhibition skate! Honestly, I enjoyed it more than both his SP & FS put together. That's the old king, the one I miss the most. Here's hoping he does something phenomenal like this when he comes back for Sochi in 2014.

I suppose I'm too late to catch any of the exhibition skates on NBC, but I didn't want to wade through all that, but here's hoping they repeat it sometime in the future, as the only one I'm interested in saving on my Olympic tape is Zhenya's.

he was just out-of-this-world stunning in his exhibition number. the passion, the competitive spirit! never saw the like. loved the number to death! yea, he should skate to something this passionate in his long.... strong, passionate numbers go well with him...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by yunasashafan View Post
    kudos to her

ETA: I just found pictures of the layback on Yuna's forum. Judge for yourself.

http://yunaforum.com/forum/index.php...ic=1208&st=200 (you have to scroll down a little)
    Quote Originally Posted by darializa View Post
    These are very nice photos, but none of the photos show the exact moment when she was completely turned out (at the very end of the spin when she had her arms pulled in to her chest). Still, the photos show her foot position to be better than in her competitive programs! I do hope that she continues to work on this as I do love a good turnout. Yuna's back position has always been lovely though. Gosh, there is so much to worry about when competing...Not only do skaters have to think about their multiple positions, they also have to count the number of revolutions between each of the changes.
    Just found this fan video of Yuna's exhbition. It shows her layback much better than NBC's video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOq9u6OJTl0

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27