Who Will Skate at the Gala? | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Who Will Skate at the Gala?

CdnSkateWatcher

On the Ice
Can we please stop the ladies from pushing the envelope on the use of illusion? I do not like the fake naked look on Asada!

Puppylove

Rinkside
Not just that; Mao has such a beautiful figure and a pretty face, whoever keeps putting her in these atrocious costumes should be... no, I won't say it, in case I offend those of you who might like her dresses.

DesertRoad

Final Flight
Good god, who are these jokers? These two kids who are allegedly ice dancers, but have the skating skills of the 5th place Chinese pairs team. They can't even stay on their feet doing crossovers. This is what we get in lieu of Johny Weir and the DelSchoes? Terribad.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Good god, who are these jokers? These two kids who are allegedly ice dancers, but have the skating skills of the 5th place Chinese pairs team. They can't even stay on their feet doing crossovers. This is what we get in lieu of Johny Weir and the DelSchoes? Terribad.

Given that they are pre-novice skaters, I don't really get this comment. I'll agree that I don't think non-Olympians should skate in the Gala, but ease off insulting two youth because you don't like the organization's choices (if I recall, these two skaters along with Nam skated at 4CC in 2009, and it's not unheard of for skaters who represent the country to skate at World Champions/Olympics).

CdnSkateWatcher

On the Ice

Pre-novice is one of the entry levels to competitive skating in Canada. Juvenile is the first level; these are very young kids who are doing a great job, IMHO, in front of a huge crowd. In Canada, these kids don't even go to our Junior Nationals at this level, they stop at a lower level, and this is the biggest skate likely of their lives. I think they did a great job, but, hey, I've got a pre-nov F/S of my own, and I've watched a lot of pre-nov dancers ... they are our Champions at this level! Sure, I'd like to see all of the top 10, but, at the Olympics, I think it's appropriate to celebrate and show the ones who are still aspiring to make it to the Olympics in the next cycle. We saw quite a few locals at 4CC's gala, didn't we?

LisaS

On the Ice
Did I miss Joannie? I just turned it on and it looks like the silver medalists are already skating. Don't they usually do these things in reverse order of finish?

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Did I miss Joannie? I just turned it on and it looks like the silver medalists are already skating. Don't they usually do these things in reverse order of finish?

No you haven't missed Joannie. This isn't in any order (medallist wise, anyway)

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
Why were skaters who didn't even compete at the Olympics invited to the gala? Who came up with that idea?

DesertRoad

Final Flight
Oh god, not the Adagio again. Why won't it die? Why?

Poor Daisuke on that camel. I haven't seen spin that bad since people insisted random kids plucked from the street had more of a right to skate in the gala than Johnny Weir.

seniorita

Record Breaker
All good and great but the order is worse than any random order it could be.
Already Dai and P/T?

Miki 's dress colors are like Slutskaya's one.

DesertRoad

Final Flight
Dies Irae? Really, Miki? An even more somber and dire program than your already funereal competitive programs? Where's the fun? And that dress, I've seen more risque outfits on those Mormon fundamentalist chicks.