Who Will Skate at the Gala? | Golden Skate

Who Will Skate at the Gala?

screech

Final Flight
If it follows other events and past O's it should be the top 5 skaters in each event, plus all Canadian competitors, since the 'home' skaters get to participate, regardless of their result (IIRC).

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
There is supposed to be a petition going around to have a special invitation issued to Johnny Weir to skate. Lady Gaga has said she will attend if Johnny skates. I don't know whether it is true, but I think it's a heck of an idea in any case.

seniorita

Record Breaker
This petition made my day! It would be hilarious if they will let him!! I dont know how IOC will react but it would be a great idea! gO Johnny!

This petition made my day! It would be hilarious if they will let him!! I dont know how IOC will react but it would be a great idea! gO Johnny!

There is supposed to be a petition going around to have a special invitation issued to Johnny Weir to skate. Lady Gaga has said she will attend if Johnny skates. I don't know whether it is true, but I think it's a heck of an idea in any case.
It would be a great idea, and Johnny is better at show skating than he is at competition. I wonder how much NBC will show at the Gala?

kiz_4Ever

On the Ice
there's also a facebook group, something like "it's not a gala without Johnny's Poker Face", for having him skate in the gala

Sk8n Mama

Final Flight
Lady Gaga has said she will attend if Johnny skates. I don't know whether it is true, but I think it's a heck of an idea in any case.

OMG, can you imagine if she performed while he did it? That would blow the roof off the place! And Johnny would be in Gaga heaven which would be totally fun to watch.

seniorita

Record Breaker
If lady gaga performs with Johnny I m taking the first plane to Vancouver! And I m not even a fan of this music, lol!
I ll join the Fb page!

Gymfan15

On the Ice
Johnny missed out on a gala spot by what, one placement? And he's arguably one of the best performers of the men, and has a very "hip" program that the home viewing audience would probably enjoy. And if you could get Lady Gaga to sing live while he's skating = epic win. Hope they let him skate!

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Why not in the final close down of olympics? That would give the performance a much, much bigger audience :cool: Or is that show too strictly planned already? I am expecting lots of good FS there anyway ... or I will be disappointed.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Besides, Chan would be inviited if he were 6th instead of 5th. (all Canadian skaters typically would appear at the gala) It would be no different in the number of performances. And given Joannie & V&M also are in the top 5, there's definitely room for Johnny!

Audrey19

On the Ice
And he deserves to skate in the gala, as he deserved a better placement than he got(especially compared to Chan!)
Johnny :rock:

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
In LA, where the USA had three in mens and dance, we saw the top five skate and then the top American of the rest - so we saw all three of the dancers, but not Jeremy Abbott (but we did see Mroz, if I recall), and only one pair (both were outside the top five). So I don't know if the rule is all the top five and the top homeboy/girl/team of the rest.

Agree that I'd rather see Wier and I do hope they invite him.

dlgpffps

Final Flight
"it's not a gala without Johnny's Poker Face"

I must join that group... I love Johnny Gaga.
Anyways, does anyone know what happened with the petition? Johnny so deserves to skate, as he WUZROBBED during the actual competition.

Kypma

Final Flight
According to the Skate Canada website, "The top 3 skaters in each discipline will perform at the Exhibition Gala on Saturday. Olympic Champions Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir will skate along with Joannie Rochette." The latter sentence also suggests that the non-medallist Canadian skaters will not be a part of the gala, but that seems extreme. compared to Torino 2006, the gala would be greatly shortened if that were to be the case.

seniorita

Record Breaker
there is no way Chan wont be at the gala. I mean I d like to see him! And no Stephane??? NO STEPHANE??
which gala denies Lambiel???