Who Will Skate at the Gala? | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Who Will Skate at the Gala?

Smuusik

Rinkside
Maybe it's just be but the gala seemed average if not total crap.

The oh so wonderful "This momentous moment. . . . " :)laugh:) is a perfect example of cheesiness. The choice of music at the end and the general "gloom" topic is just... gah:eek:hwell:
And no encores!? No encores!!?

As for the performances S/Z, Lambiel, Kavaguti & Smirnov, Rochette and Plushenko are about all I can remember right now.

screech

Final Flight
If I could snark NBC into changing its programming, Jay Leno would be at home waxing his cars, Conan O'Brien would be hosting late night AND the Olympics, figure skating would be shown in its entirety, live, and viewers will be able to call a phone line to vote for whether Scott Hamilton, Sandra Bezic or Tom Hammond gets shot out of a canon into the Olympic flame.

How awesome would it be if Coco was commentating the figure skating? I suspect it would go something like:

"I have no idea what's going on here. This mullet guy is landing jumps and trying to convince the judges to sleep with him by doing his 'come hither' moves."

aurora100

Final Flight
I'm sorry for our fellow figure skating fans in US. Canada is the best country to live for figure skating fans...........and everyone else I might add. THANK YOU CTV/TSN/SNET for airing every single skater in every event and the exhibition. WE LOVE THEM ALL AND YOU ROCK.

:rock::clap::boohoo::bow::love:

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So whom did NBC show? Did they show all the medalists?

The only skaters they have shown are Joannie, Evgeni, Davis/White, Yu-Na, and Evan. What a pathetic network! They haven't even shown Shen/Zhao!

ARipp42014

Medalist
Wanna hear something more? NBC is not really airing the World Championships either. Universal Sports is (live and every skater).

DesertRoad

Final Flight
I'm sorry for our fellow figure skating fans in US. Canada is the best country to live for figure skating fans...........and everyone else I might add. THANK YOU CTV/TSN/SNET for airing every single skater in every event and the exhibition. WE LOVE THEM ALL AND YOU ROCK.

That's because NBC and other American networks provide a substantial chunk of the funding for the IOC. And in turn, NBC and such have to show ads and try to make some of that bank back. Our loss is enabling your enjoyment. >:[ You owe it to us to pirate your feeds and upload your videos.

miki88

Medalist
The only skaters they have shown are Joannie, Evgeni, Davis/White, Yu-Na, and Evan. What a pathetic network! They haven't even shown Shen/Zhao!

Omg. They don't even show the gold medalist for pairs! They should show all medalists!

kandidy

Final Flight
Glad I did not reside in US. Look at US national that cover the whole event and now the most precious olympic event they treated the broadcast wrorst than the beauty pageant.

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
I'm not an Evan fan, but I think his exhibition programme was a wise choice. You can't go wrong with Gershwin!

I loved Yu-Na's dress, by the way. I found it tasteful and beautiful, and utterly befitting. :love:

janetfan

Match Penalty
Maybe NBC will show more on tape delays. Right now - more bobsled zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wanna hear something more? NBC is not really airing the World Championships either. Universal Sports is (live and every skater).

Yeah, luckily, I do get Universal Sports network with my Time Warner cable package. Things could be worse, but still, NBC's coverage of this Olympics has been unacceptable.

Puppylove

Rinkside
Was that one of the worst galas ever or am I being controversial... The ONE NIGHT I managed to watch Olys FS live (no work tomorrow)...:cry:

*Sniper*

On the Ice

For that, I hope Canada wins hockey tomorrow.
(And my four Sharkies finally win something as well!!! Sorry Pav)