Who Will Skate at the Gala? | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Who Will Skate at the Gala?

screech

Final Flight
I dunno - I sorta like some of the more serious routines - Joubert's "Hallelujah", for example.

That was a great program, but it was also a bit of an escape for him - no pelvic thrusts or running across the ice or anything. I really wish he would skate to moe music like that for competition pieces.

screech

Final Flight
OMG! The most adorable thing is on the ice!

Hee hee I like the 'thing'. She was completely cute. I completely dislike the 'things' the skaters are wearing. Seriously, those bodysuit/legging things! YIKES!

Okay, the ending in the rings thing was pretty cool.

EVAN!!!!!

DesertRoad

Final Flight
Oh god, what is this Child to Champion tripe. This is corny enough to make Hallmark and Oprah retch.

DesertRoad

Final Flight
Here's how the Child to Champion thing should have been done:

First it starts with underachieving parents who want to live vicariously through their child. Little girl cries and says "I don't want to skate", the mom drags her to the rink anyway. Spotlight switches. She's now a teenager, she looks in the mirror and pinches her fat and makes a look of disgust. Spotlight switches, she's in a cast and missing her most important competition. Then, a year later, she does make it to the meet, where she comes in 13th. Cut to a middle-aged woman with arthritis who shudders every time she looks at anything frozen.

ARipp42014

Medalist
Too cute! :)

It's DomShabs time! At least this is the last time we'll be seeing them! Enjoy it while it lasts!

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jamie Sale thought S/S might have chosen this "I had a hard day" after not winning the Gold but I guess she was wrong.

I can't stand that woman! She makes so many wrong assumptions and horrible, insensitive foot in the mouth comments. :rolleye:

screech

Final Flight
Just thinking about what Evan was wearing for his speech (plus the music listing) - is he going to skate to last year's LP? And is it wrong that during the last bit if Kim's LP I was remembering Evan's Worlds LP?

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
DomShabs.... I like this routine, but they clearly didn't perform it up to snuff. Love the fact that they kept the traveling flips.

DesertRoad

Final Flight
I daresay this program from DomShabs is as much of an insult to rubber fetishists stuck in the 90's as their OD is to Australian aborigines.