Who Will Skate at the Gala? | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Who Will Skate at the Gala?

loop9497

On the Ice
Country
United-States
NBC has only managed to show exhibitions by Joannie and Evgeni . . . this has to be the most horrible coverage of figure skating in the history of the Olympic Games. :disapp:

Wow, that means I didn't miss anything. I came home an hour after the Olympic primetime coverage started.

*Sniper*

On the Ice
No, and I'm fuming mad about that! :mad::scowl:

Thanks for the answer....

The best Olympic competition many have ever seen, and NBC manages to ruin it for the fans in the US.
What are they showing right now anyway in between these few skaters?
30 minute short film on Mary Carillo's adventure in Los Angeles?
Or Tom Brokow trying to demonstrate how to speak English with hot potato in his mouth?

No, that doesn't quite do it.
DesertRoad, help!!

DesertRoad

Final Flight
Virtue and Moir's number was more a skit than any actual skating. Still beats their awful Jack & Diane program.

Oh god, Michael Bolton's ghost has come to haunt my web feed!

Jo1

Rinkside
NBC is only showing select performances from the gala. After Yuna they switched back to alpine skiing. I swear I'll never watch NBC again except for the Olympics. Unfortunately they have the contract for these games and for London in 2012. I don't know about Sochi. I think ABC did a much better job of coverage, expecially for figure skating.

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
As I am in the U.S., I am watching NBC, therefore I have only seen four performances from the gala thus far. Yu-Na was shown just now. Only one other lady skater has made me feel like calling her "La Divina". I feel unbelievably fortunate to have found another. For me, Yu-Na is exquisite. Watching Yu-Na makes me happy.:love:

I'm still in a glow....

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
The overhead shot of the Gala performers bowing down over the Vancouver insignia was a gem.

They also caught Domnina looking entirely unimpressed.

DesertRoad

Final Flight
DesertRoad, help!!

If I could snark NBC into changing its programming, Jay Leno would be at home waxing his cars, Conan O'Brien would be hosting late night AND the Olympics, figure skating would be shown in its entirety, live, and viewers will be able to call a phone line to vote for whether Scott Hamilton, Sandra Bezic or Tom Hammond gets shot out of a canon into the Olympic flame.

flossiebebe

Rinkside
I thought the closing was very well done for a gala..........and the closing music with K D Lang singing Hallelujah was well chosen

babyalligator

On the Ice
my favorite gala performance tonight was virtue and moir's~
but what made yuna's skate tonight special for me, was that you could find little bits/moves taken from her programs throughout the years...even the ones from her junior years...lol it really was a meditation of sorts...

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
ugh, there goes NBC again claiming that Evan has "artistry." :banging:

Every time someone claims Evan has "artistry", a cat dies. :no: