Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread: Who Will Skate at the Gala?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    I bet all we get is Virtue + Moir.
    I'm desperate. I'll take anything.

ETA: I'm not making fun of V&M---I just mean I'll hang in there for even one performance. I know, it's pitiful
    Last edited by Dodhiyel; 02-27-2010 at 10:23 PM. Reason: To add P.S.

I bet all we get is Virtue + Moir.
    And the cheesy finale!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by magicalwords View Post
    Which skaters did NBC show? Gala not on West Coast yet..
    But I got a sneak peek at Yu-Na's gala and it was beautiful. Except her dress.
    The skirt part was lovely but the top was blegh. (probably color made it seem even more blegh)
    Joannie
    Davis/White
    Plushenko
    Yu-Na
    Evan

Quote Originally Posted by ARipp42014 View Post
    No! USA! USA! USA! As much as I love a good portion of the Canadian team (i.e. Iginla, Richards, Nash, Toews, Luongo), it's still "Crosby's Team". And as a proud Crosby hater, I just want him to lose for once.
    What do you mean for once?? He lost in a Stanley Cup final, a gold medal game at the World Juniors, and lost out on a medal at the World Championships. I really don't know why people hate on Crosby so much. He is an amazing player with incredible talent, who is well spoken. He also manages to not get arrested, party excessively, or has his picture taken with his clothes off in the back of a limo unlike some other certain NHL players...
    Last edited by i love to skate; 02-27-2010 at 10:28 PM.

Medalist
    No! USA! USA! USA! As much as I love a good portion of the Canadian team (i.e. Iginla, Richards, Nash, Toews, Luongo), it's still "Crosby's Team". And as a proud Crosby hater, I just want him to lose for once.
    Why so much hate for Crosby?

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    NBC must hate the pairs skaters. We didn't get a single pairs team, not even gold medalists Shen/Zhao!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by loop9497 View Post
    Joannie
    Davis/White
    Plushenko
    Yu-Na
    Evan
    NBC
    They've got to show more skaters or they totally deserve F for the coverage.
    From the other posts, it seems like they're gonna show more skaters so please please at least Gold Medalists (I can't believe I am saying please for this) and some other medalists too!!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertRoad View Post
    That's because NBC and other American networks provide a substantial chunk of the funding for the IOC. And in turn, NBC and such have to show ads and try to make some of that bank back. Our loss is enabling your enjoyment. >:[ You owe it to us to pirate your feeds and upload your videos.
    Trust us Desert Road, CTV paid fist over barrel to get the rights to air the Olympics in Canada. They nor Canadians are getting anything for free. The difference in Canada and the US is that Hockey and Figure skating is national obsession unlike the US. It's the Canadian fans that are making this coverage possible.....and our world renowned Sense of Fairness and Respect for every Athlete - GO CANADA!!!! GET THAT HOCKEY GOLD tomorrow!!!!! :boohoo:

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    I guess I should be thankful for small blessings though, like Scott not reminding me for the millionth time during his exhibition that his beloved Evan is "the hardest working figure skater in the world."

Lambiel is the best!!
    I couldn't care less for Crosby, either, but my Sharkies need to win something before they retire!!!
    Did you see Nabokov's performance in quarterfinal Russia vs. Canada?
    The Sharks are not going far in the playoffs.... AGAIN!!!!

I totally loved "Meditation of the Thais" by Yu-Na Kim! She skates like a goddess! So much class and elegance! Her musicality is beyond words

So is Shen and Zhao! Simply exquisite!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mirai was absolutely lovely!

Wished Miki skated with this artistry in her free!

Go marry the quad if you love it so much DesertRoad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aurora100 View Post
    Trust us Desert Road, CTV paid fist over barrel to get the rights to air the Olympics in Canada. They nor Canadians are getting anything for free. The difference in Canada and the US is that Hockey and Figure skating is national obsession unlike the US. It's the Canadian fans that are making this coverage possible.....and our world renowned Sense of Fairness and Respect for every Athlete - GO CANADA!!!! GET THAT HOCKEY GOLD tomorrow!!!!! :boohoo:
    Er... what? CTV paid $153 million for the rights to broadcast the 2010 and 2012 Olympics. For that, NBC paid 2 billion dollars, plus a 200 million dollar sponsorship deal from General Electric (then the owner of NBC). The Canadian bid is a rounding error in the American bid. This is that sense of fairness you were talking about? Please. You guys are going to get whooped in hockey and you'll deserve it.
    Last edited by DesertRoad; 02-27-2010 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by i love to skate View Post
    What do you mean for once?? He lost in a Stanley Cup final, a gold medal game at the World Juniors, and lost out on a medal at the World Championships. I really don't know why people hate on Crosby so much. He is an amazing player with incredible talent, who is well spoken. He also manages to not get arrested, party excessively, or has his picture taken with his clothes off in the back of a limo unlike some other certain NHL players...
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaS View Post
    Why so much hate for Crosby?
    I'm a Flyers fan! We're not suppose to like Crosby! And like I said, I don't like Kane either!

Back to skating!

Just found out through a commercial that the legendary Neil Young will be performing at the closing ceremony . . . so cool!

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRoad View Post
    Er... what? CTV paid $153 million for the rights to broadcast the 2010 and 2012 Olympics. For that, NBC paid 2 billion dollars, plus a 200 million dollar sponsorship deal from General Electric (then the owner of NBC). The Canadian bid is a rounding error in the American bid. This is that sense of fairness you were talking about? Please. You guys are going to get whooped in hockey and you'll deserve it.
    Too bad you didn't get to enjoy it. We did - almost 24 hours of coverage on three different stations. Also, very much enjoying our 13 gold medals! It's great to be a Canadian!!!

Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast