Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast
Results 271 to 285 of 403

Thread: Who Will Skate at the Gala?

  1. #271
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    938
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    I bet all we get is Virtue + Moir.
    I'm desperate. I'll take anything.

    ETA: I'm not making fun of V&M---I just mean I'll hang in there for even one performance. I know, it's pitiful
    Last edited by Dodhiyel; 02-27-2010 at 10:23 PM. Reason: To add P.S.

  2. #272
    Comeback Queen! ARipp42014's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    1,492
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    I bet all we get is Virtue + Moir.
    And the cheesy finale!

  3. #273
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    250
    Quote Originally Posted by magicalwords View Post
    Which skaters did NBC show? Gala not on West Coast yet..
    But I got a sneak peek at Yu-Na's gala and it was beautiful. Except her dress.
    The skirt part was lovely but the top was blegh. (probably color made it seem even more blegh)
    Joannie
    Davis/White
    Plushenko
    Yu-Na
    Evan

  4. #274
    Rink Rat i love to skate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,477
    Quote Originally Posted by ARipp42014 View Post
    No! USA! USA! USA! As much as I love a good portion of the Canadian team (i.e. Iginla, Richards, Nash, Toews, Luongo), it's still "Crosby's Team". And as a proud Crosby hater, I just want him to lose for once.
    What do you mean for once?? He lost in a Stanley Cup final, a gold medal game at the World Juniors, and lost out on a medal at the World Championships. I really don't know why people hate on Crosby so much. He is an amazing player with incredible talent, who is well spoken. He also manages to not get arrested, party excessively, or has his picture taken with his clothes off in the back of a limo unlike some other certain NHL players...
    Last edited by i love to skate; 02-27-2010 at 10:28 PM.

  5. #275
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by ARipp42014 View Post
    No! USA! USA! USA! As much as I love a good portion of the Canadian team (i.e. Iginla, Richards, Nash, Toews, Luongo), it's still "Crosby's Team". And as a proud Crosby hater, I just want him to lose for once.
    Why so much hate for Crosby?

  6. #276
    "Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Storybrooke, Maine
    Posts
    3,674
    NBC must hate the pairs skaters. We didn't get a single pairs team, not even gold medalists Shen/Zhao!

  7. #277
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    222
    Quote Originally Posted by loop9497 View Post
    Joannie
    Davis/White
    Plushenko
    Yu-Na
    Evan
    NBC
    They've got to show more skaters or they totally deserve F for the coverage.
    From the other posts, it seems like they're gonna show more skaters so please please at least Gold Medalists (I can't believe I am saying please for this) and some other medalists too!!!

  8. #278
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    572
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertRoad View Post
    That's because NBC and other American networks provide a substantial chunk of the funding for the IOC. And in turn, NBC and such have to show ads and try to make some of that bank back. Our loss is enabling your enjoyment. >:[ You owe it to us to pirate your feeds and upload your videos.
    Trust us Desert Road, CTV paid fist over barrel to get the rights to air the Olympics in Canada. They nor Canadians are getting anything for free. The difference in Canada and the US is that Hockey and Figure skating is national obsession unlike the US. It's the Canadian fans that are making this coverage possible.....and our world renowned Sense of Fairness and Respect for every Athlete - GO CANADA!!!! GET THAT HOCKEY GOLD tomorrow!!!!! :boohoo:

  9. #279
    "Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Storybrooke, Maine
    Posts
    3,674
    I guess I should be thankful for small blessings though, like Scott not reminding me for the millionth time during his exhibition that his beloved Evan is "the hardest working figure skater in the world."

  10. #280
    Lambiel is the best!!
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    450
    Quote Originally Posted by ARipp42014 View Post
    No! USA! USA! USA! As much as I love a good portion of the Canadian team (i.e. Iginla, Richards, Nash, Toews, Luongo), it's still "Crosby's Team". And as a proud Crosby hater, I just want him to lose for once.
    I couldn't care less for Crosby, either, but my Sharkies need to win something before they retire!!!
    Did you see Nabokov's performance in quarterfinal Russia vs. Canada?
    The Sharks are not going far in the playoffs.... AGAIN!!!!

  11. #281
    Custom Title christinaskater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    1,471
    I totally loved "Meditation of the Thais" by Yu-Na Kim! She skates like a goddess! So much class and elegance! Her musicality is beyond words

    So is Shen and Zhao! Simply exquisite!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Mirai was absolutely lovely!

    Wished Miki skated with this artistry in her free!

  12. #282
    Go marry the quad if you love it so much DesertRoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    646
    Quote Originally Posted by aurora100 View Post
    Trust us Desert Road, CTV paid fist over barrel to get the rights to air the Olympics in Canada. They nor Canadians are getting anything for free. The difference in Canada and the US is that Hockey and Figure skating is national obsession unlike the US. It's the Canadian fans that are making this coverage possible.....and our world renowned Sense of Fairness and Respect for every Athlete - GO CANADA!!!! GET THAT HOCKEY GOLD tomorrow!!!!! :boohoo:
    Er... what? CTV paid $153 million for the rights to broadcast the 2010 and 2012 Olympics. For that, NBC paid 2 billion dollars, plus a 200 million dollar sponsorship deal from General Electric (then the owner of NBC). The Canadian bid is a rounding error in the American bid. This is that sense of fairness you were talking about? Please. You guys are going to get whooped in hockey and you'll deserve it.
    Last edited by DesertRoad; 02-27-2010 at 10:40 PM.

  13. #283
    Comeback Queen! ARipp42014's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    1,492
    Quote Originally Posted by i love to skate View Post
    What do you mean for once?? He lost in a Stanley Cup final, a gold medal game at the World Juniors, and lost out on a medal at the World Championships. I really don't know why people hate on Crosby so much. He is an amazing player with incredible talent, who is well spoken. He also manages to not get arrested, party excessively, or has his picture taken with his clothes off in the back of a limo unlike some other certain NHL players...
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaS View Post
    Why so much hate for Crosby?
    I'm a Flyers fan! We're not suppose to like Crosby! And like I said, I don't like Kane either!

    Back to skating!

  14. #284
    Brazilian Eurotrash beep_beep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Porto Alegre, Brazil
    Posts
    2,017
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Just found out through a commercial that the legendary Neil Young will be performing at the closing ceremony . . . so cool!

  15. #285
    Rink Rat i love to skate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,477
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertRoad View Post
    Er... what? CTV paid $153 million for the rights to broadcast the 2010 and 2012 Olympics. For that, NBC paid 2 billion dollars, plus a 200 million dollar sponsorship deal from General Electric (then the owner of NBC). The Canadian bid is a rounding error in the American bid. This is that sense of fairness you were talking about? Please. You guys are going to get whooped in hockey and you'll deserve it.
    Too bad you didn't get to enjoy it. We did - almost 24 hours of coverage on three different stations. Also, very much enjoying our 13 gold medals! It's great to be a Canadian!!!

Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •