Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread: Who Will Skate at the Gala?

Custom Title
    They are showing V&M next!

Go marry the quad if you love it so much DesertRoad's Avatar
    There's a rumor Nickelback will perform, too. If that happens, VANOC will go down in history as the worst Olympic organizers ever.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    I feel sorry for the mods here sometimes ... they must have nerves of steel.
    I ate all popcorn happy, thanx for the nice gala, bonne nuit!

There's a rumor Nickelback will perform, too. If that happens, VANOC will go down in history as the worst Olympic organizers ever.
    Please no Nickelback.

NBCOLYMPICS.COM
    Gala performances are now up!
    http://www.nbcolympics.com/search/vi...ts.htmx?q=gala

ETA (7:57PM):
    Changed the link and only ten of the performances are up. The rest, I assume, will come later.
    Last edited by aftertherain; 02-27-2010 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aftertherain View Post
    NBCOLYMPICS.COM

http://www.nbcolympics.com/figure-sk...hts/index.html
    That was quick! Anyway, logging off! Nite!

Banned
    Like I said somewhere else, please americans, email NBC. I did it days ago to tell them how stupid they are. Give examples. NBC is not showing Shen and Zhao, I saw it partly on crappy laptop. They have the best Olympic gold story of the games outside of the joro thing, anyway. Well, someone tell me please if Xhen and Zhao are uploaded somewhere.

Bob Kostas has got to go...Sandra/Scott try to be so PC I yearn for Dick Button to return, but thank God Peggy Flemming quit...such a dull princess...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by aftertherain View Post
    NBCOLYMPICS.COM
    http://www.nbcolympics.com/figure-sk...hts/index.html
    Thank you!!

Tripping on the Podium
    NBC really had no intention of showing the Gala. They just stuck it inbetween long segments of bobsleding and whatever. I didn't see Shen and Shou nor Mao thanks to NBC. How in the world do you let them know their coverage was so abysssmal. I know, don't buy any products from their advertisers. I'm really mad.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ARipp42014 View Post
    Please no Nickelback.
    I totally agree! They suck to put it lightly.

Banned
    Extremely boring gala...

Go marry the quad if you love it so much DesertRoad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bijoux View Post
    Like I said somewhere else, please americans, email NBC. I did it days ago to tell them how stupid they are. Give examples. NBC is not showing Shen and Zhao, I saw it partly on crappy laptop. They have the best Olympic gold story of the games outside of the joro thing, anyway. Well, someone tell me please if Xhen and Zhao are uploaded somewhere.

Bob Kostas has got to go...Sandra/Scott try to be so PC I yearn for Dick Button to return, but thank God Peggy Flemming quit...such a dull princess...
    NBC is deaf to what its audience wants. There's a reason why it's the 4th place network (well, really, 5th if you count Univision, the Spanish-only network). They've made disastrous choices one after another. If their executive decisions were represented in a figure skating program, it'd be skated by Carolina Kostner. We don't even have to start a boycott of NBC, people are already doing that on their own.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dodhiyel View Post
    as i am in the u.s., i am watching nbc, therefore i have only seen four performances from the gala thus far. Yu-na was shown just now. Only one other lady skater has made me feel like calling her "la divina". I feel unbelievably fortunate to have found another. For me, yu-na is exquisite. Watching yu-na makes me happy.

I'm still in a glow....
    ita!!!!!!!!!!!

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    So exciting that Mirai got to be in the gala. Still needs to work a bit on her expression. It's absolutely wonderful when it's there, which is usually, but sometimes she forgets... She was so adorable though.

Yuna simply sublime as always.

Joannie - I happened to love what she was wearing. She looked great. Loved her skating tonight, too.

Miki's program was very powerful. But her costume looked like a strange version of Snow White too me.

Shen/Zhao and V/M were the absolute highlight for me. Damn, those pairs are good. For me, both are in a class of their own, just like Yuna in the women's... I actually started clapping without realizing it at when Shen/Zhao stopped skating even though I watched by myself.

Can't wait for the Nam/Nathan Chen showdown in 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Dodhiyel View Post
    As I am in the U.S., I am watching NBC, therefore I have only seen four performances from the gala thus far. Yu-Na was shown just now. Only one other lady skater has made me feel like calling her "La Divina". I feel unbelievably fortunate to have found another. For me, Yu-Na is exquisite. Watching Yu-Na makes me happy.

I'm still in a glow....
    I was actually slightly disappointed by her gala performance ... It wasn't even the popping of one of the jumps. The program itself was .. meh. I was hoping for it to be on the level of, but not like Michelle Kwan's Fields of Gold or Shizuka Arakawa's Ave Maria, but it is not to be ... for me at least.

Love her earrings though.
    Last edited by aftertherain; 02-27-2010 at 11:42 PM.

Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast