Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread: Who Will Skate at the Gala?

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    I'm angry with NBC too. They showed all the gold medalists except for Shen/Zhao. I was so anxious to see their program.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by layfan View Post
    so exciting that mirai got to be in the gala. Still needs to work a bit on her expression. It's absolutely wonderful when it's there, which is usually, but sometimes she forgets... She was so adorable though.

Yuna simply sublime as always.

Joannie - i happened to love what she was wearing. She looked great. Loved her skating tonight, too.

Miki's program was very powerful. But her costume looked like a strange version of snow white too me.

Shen/zhao and v/m were the absolute highlight for me. Damn, those pairs are good. For me, both are in a class of their own, just like yuna in the women's... I actually started clapping without realizing it at when shen/zhao stopped skating even though i watched by myself.

Can't wait for the nam/nathan chen showdown in 2018
    ita!

Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707 View Post
    I'm angry with NBC too. They showed all the gold medalists except for Shen/Zhao. I was so anxious to see their program.
    OMG. Watch it on NBCOlympics.com! They kissed at the end of it! I think it's the first time I've ever seen them kiss!

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707 View Post

Oh man, that is just wrong! They were terrific! Mexican public television showed everything! Thank goodness. I was so surprised they showed it live but they did. Hurray!

I didn't expect anything like "Fields of Gold" from Yuna. She is not that type of skater. Not touchy-feely. She's something else. Something great in her own way.

Joannie had the Fields of Gold moment for me...

Go marry the quad if you love it so much DesertRoad's Avatar
    Miki went from Lara Croft to Laura Bush in her exhibition outfits. I wish she skated to Dies Irae in the former.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRoad View Post
    Miki went from Lara Croft to Laura Bush in her exhibition outfits. I wish she skated to Dies Irae in the former.

Miki would look amazing in the sort of outfits Yuna wears.... Miki's such a pretty girl. She should go for the simple-but-elegant look. She always looks gorgeous just wearing her practice clothes.

Custom Title
    I just watched some of the videos on NBC's website. I was planning to stay up till the wee hours to watch NBC's replay, but it looks like it won't be worth it. Thanks guys for the live coverage

Is it me or did I just see a great turnout from Yuna in her layback? It looked great, or at least much improved. I am not good at judging spins so can anybody comment on that?

Quote Originally Posted by yunasashafan View Post

Is it me or did I just see a great turnout from Yuna in her layback? It looked great, or at least much improved. I am not good at judging spins so can anybody comment on that?
    Her leg position was better, imo.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by aftertherain View Post
    Her leg position was better, imo.
    Wasn't it? so different from the vertical position she used to have.

Go marry the quad if you love it so much DesertRoad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post

Miki would look amazing in the sort of outfits Yuna wears.... Miki's such a pretty girl. She should go for the simple-but-elegant look. She always looks gorgeous just wearing her practice clothes.
    Miki is a grown woman, and how! If she wants to show that off, then by all means! Even Yu Na occasionally goes for something modern and sexy.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRoad View Post
    Miki is a grown woman, and how! If she wants to show that off, then by all means! Even Yu Na occasionally goes for something modern and sexy.
    By wearing the right costumes, not the wrong ones.

Custom Title
    Shame on NBC for showing so few perfs. They didn't even show Mirai or B&A!! Unbelievable. Absolutely pathetic.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by yunasashafan View Post
    Towards the end of the spin, I noticed that her turnout was beautiful. I definitely noticed! Perhaps in her competitive layback, she gets her leg in a position so that it would be easier to grab the skate blade for the Biellman?

Quote Originally Posted by mhu714 View Post
    Shame on NBC for showing so few perfs. They didn't even show Mirai or B&A!! Unbelievable. Absolutely pathetic.
    What???? No Mirai???? Noooo!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post
    What???? No Mirai???? Noooo!!
    I can't imagine NBC did not show Mirai!! So being the surprise american in the top 4 is not enough for stupid NBC !!

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast