Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread: Who Will Skate at the Gala?

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aurora100 View Post
    I agree she has improved, but it doesn't mean it's good. It's just better than what it was before, which was awful. I noticed that her posture was much better in her exhibition program tonight than in her SP or LP, which tells me that when she gets nervous, her posture goes out the window. So she needed to work on it more instead of distracting herself with all these hidious LP costumes with crosses, snakes and spiders each time out.

I know, but it's also a matter of body types ... there might only be so much she even can improve on posture and extension. In fact, I'm sure of it. Of course, I realize that still doesn't mean you have to enjoy her skating or that she should be considered "good" at those aspects of it...

And if her posture was better in the gala what that tells me is that it's simply harder to mask your flaws under CoP. You have to do 3 spiral positions, for example, a requirement I absolutely despise because hardly any of the ladies can do 3 positions well. And yet they get called "level 4" for reasons that people have explained to me and that make sense to me on paper but never do when I watch the programs...

I don't seriously think that Miki neglected aspects of her skating to design snakes on her costumes ... but I just had a vision of Mike pouring over costume designs while her coach nagged her to work on her skating ...

NO!! go USA!!

Rinkside
    Yah I noticed that too. She kissed him first then he responded. My goodness communist China has come a long way for women especially. I wonder what Chinese audience think of that. Not only China, but this is something that Asian couples do not do in public for anything. Fun fun fun.
    just checked some Chinese forums- They all love it. They'd been saying that Zhao has shown more feelings for Shen and finally he got something back - a truely happy ending

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Yu-na touched me. She has to use that music next season for her freeskate. It is so perfect for her style...the first time I ever really got an emotional reaction from her skating.

Tripping on the Podium
    Yuna's costume reminds me of Mao's claire de lune. but more edited and refined.

Rinkside
    This gala wasn't the best but I still always enjoy it! Best of the night for me were S/Z, P/T, V/M, Lambiel, K/S. (Kavaguti is crazy flexible and those lifts were insane! Wish they could showcase it in actual competition...) Personally I loved the performances by the novice dance pair, the little girls, and Nam. So cute! (I actually enjoyed them more than a few gala perfs that bored me to tears.) Also loved the ending bit where each group sort of "synchronize" the moves.

Now it's on to hockey!!! (But I have to admit, even though I'm Canadian, Crosby annoys me. Obviously I still want him on Team Canada, but it doesn't mean I'll be happy for him when he gets his medal. And I swear, I'm going to scream if I read another article about how all girls across the country swoon over the guy and his "pouty lips". (Yes, direct quote there that I've come across more than once.) Uh, what? Pretty sure people like him for his talent/hockey skills, as there are tons of WAY better-looking hockey players out there...)

Yah I noticed that too. She kissed him first then he responded. My goodness communist China has come a long way for women especially. I wonder what Chinese audience think of that. Not only China, but this is something that Asian couples do not do in public for anything. Fun fun fun.
    Sigh...so many misconceptions about China. Chinese are very liberal-minded these days (well, not the elderly perhaps but that goes for any country). I'm sure everyone is loving the S/Z kiss. And why would Shen "making the move" be an issue at all? Out of the Asian countries, China has generally been one of the most forward-thinking in terms of attitudes towards women in the past few decades.

I really enjoyed Takahashi's ex program. you can watch it on nbcolympics.com

Banned
    Anyone see Mao's ex?? stupid NBC doesn't show ****

Go marry the quad if you love it so much DesertRoad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    Yu-na touched me. She has to use that music next season for her freeskate. It is so perfect for her style...the first time I ever really got an emotional reaction from her skating.
    Oh, please god no. That'd be a huge step back for Yu Na. She's already brought sexy back to the fluttery feminine program with her Gerswhin piece. Meditation would just be her skating to a similar theme but to less dynamic music and minus the fun.

Once again NBC decided that transiting from lovely ladies skating to soft music in spotlight to hind quarters of huffing beastly men pushing phallic shaped sleds is a good idea. Think again, NBC. Your coverage of the gala sucked. Those events already happened when you decided to air it. Just show it first for at least the sake of continuity. Gala got so chopped up, I lost what interest I had. You can decide not to show all the performance but at least keep it together.

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    Excellent gala ...BUT... Caught some of NBC coverage after CTV's... Oh, my poor neighbours! That must have been pure hell for those of you with no other option. Worse than CTV's regular coverage got to be before the contract went to CBC.( And that's saying plenty.)

In an Exhibition, I never mind hands down or pops too much, I think they go too far with the lights. They could take them halfway down , I think it would be enough.

Standouts for me were;
    Stephane..( no, don't leave us..)
    Daisuke..( but I preferred the kimono style sleeves he used in Japan)
    Joannie
    Davis & White.. love that program
    Zhangs..now if they could seem that connected in competition
    Shen/Zhao..wow
    Yuna..another beautiful, subtle piece of choreograhy

I like V/M's piece ( and love them) but would wish for something a bit more serious for world's ...probably too much to hope for. I'm just greedy.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by newlife View Post
    just checked some Chinese forums- They all love it. They'd been saying that Zhao has shown more feelings for Shen and finally he got something back - a truely happy ending
    Are you Chinese,are there many Chinese denizens here?I am Chinese,and that comment made me laugh,to that guy I would say:If you dont know anything about the modern China,probably you are not very well educated

Banned
    Just saw mao's gala... I'm amazed how much energy she puts into the program, it was probably the most exciting one I saw out of the whole night! Why can't she skate like that in the SP and LP??

Custom Title
    I'm not sure if this page is geoblocked or not, I think it's open for all europeans to watch (but might only be available in Sweden). Anyway, they have all the segments of the competition on it so far (with almost every skater, except a few in pairs i think), so I'm guessing the gala will show up to eventually, in case you missed something.

http://svtplay.se/t/125474/konstakning

Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast