Who Will Skate at the Gala? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Who Will Skate at the Gala?

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Dai and Yu-Na are around the same height. The Vancouver 2010 website lists Daisuke as 165 cm., while Yu-Na is 164 cm. I think Dai looks shorter because of the angle at which the picture was taken. He is in the foreground.

I am looking forward to the exhibition! I am glad Stephane will skate (though I wish somehow Johnny was, too, because Pokerface is great). What is Mirai's exhibition piece?

7-day fool. It's cute

Ren

On the Ice
What are Tessa and Scott skating to?

Aren't they resurrecting their Everybody Dance Now routine where Tessa looks like a ballet dancer and Scott is dressed up in a hockey jersey (I think)? I sure hope so. That exhibition piece is really fun.

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
Dai and Yu-Na are around the same height. The Vancouver 2010 website lists Daisuke as 165 cm., while Yu-Na is 164 cm. I think Dai looks shorter because of the angle at which the picture was taken. He is in the foreground.

I am looking forward to the exhibition! I am glad Stephane will skate (though I wish somehow Johnny was, too, because Pokerface is great). What is Mirai's exhibition piece?

Yes, I would have liked to see Johnny Weir too. I hope Chan isn't there because he has acted like a spoilt brat and doesn't deserve too.

gsrossano

Final Flight
Aren't they resurrecting their Everybody Dance Now routine where Tessa looks like a ballet dancer and Scott is dressed up in a hockey jersey (I think)? I sure hope so. That exhibition piece is really fun.

yes. that is what is listed.

Kypma

Final Flight
Is there any way to watch the gala streaming live in Canada, like it was for the rest of the competition? the main Canadian channels don't seem to have it listed...

i love to skate

Medalist
They invited some junior nobody to skate but not Johnny Weir? VANOC is officially the worst Olympic organizers ever.

Why would they have invited Johnny Weir? He did not place in the top 4 nor is he from the host country so I am confused as to what he should have been invited? Nam is an exceptional skater and he brought down the house when he skated at the 4CC exhibition last year. The Olympics is all about the journey of an athlete and the young talent coming up. The crowd will love him. He is also a three time Canadian Champion at the age of 13 so he is not a nobody here in Canada.

DesertRoad

Final Flight
Why would they have invited Johnny Weir? He did not place in the top 4 nor is he from the host country so I am confused as to what he should have been invited? Nam is an exceptional skater and he brought down the house when he skated at the 4CC exhibition last year. The Olympics is all about the journey of an athlete and the young talent coming up. The crowd will love him. He is also a three time Canadian Champion at the age of 13 so he is not a nobody here in Canada.

The Olympic games aren't some podunk backyard gathering for some kid's family and friends. It's an international stage, and people around the world want to see Johnny Weir, not the third place finisher in juniors who didn't compete in the Olympics.

i love to skate

Medalist
The Olympic games aren't some podunk backyard gathering for some kid's family and friends. It's an international stage, and people around the world want to see Johnny Weir, not the third place finisher in juniors who didn't compete in the Olympics.

Don't watch him then. Johnny didn't qualify to skate in the gala so there is no reason he should be there.

DesertRoad

Final Flight
Who is this joker singing? It's like a poor man's Josh Groban, and Josh Groban is pretty shoddy to begin with. I haven't heard a national anthem butchered this badly since Roseanne at the Superbowl. Good thing it's only the Canadian national anthem. :biggrin:

Don't watch him then. Johnny didn't qualify to skate in the gala so there is no reason he should be there.

Er what? You crazy. And some kid who didn't even skate in the Olympics did? Your logic is astonishing in its utter nonexistence.

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada

The point is that he shouldn't be there. Only figure skaters who actually competed at this Olympics should be there.

Too bad we will have to see that little creep Patrick Chan tonight afterall.

CdnSkateWatcher

On the Ice
Is there any way to watch the gala streaming live in Canada, like it was for the rest of the competition? the main Canadian channels don't seem to have it listed...

I'm on sportsnet. Pretty sure that it would be on CTV's Olympics site too. I too would like to see Weir; but, at least Lambiel is skating!