Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Will Skate at the Gala?

Moving up the testing structure Kypma's Avatar
    Is there any way to watch the gala streaming live in Canada, like it was for the rest of the competition? the main Canadian channels don't seem to have it listed...

It is playing on Sportsnet in about 25 minutes!

Custom Title
    You can see here what everybody is skating to

http://www.vancouver2010.com/olympic...hibition-gala/

Nam is skating!!!! Woooooo

Go marry the quad if you love it so much DesertRoad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by i love to skate View Post
    Nam is skating!!!! Woooooo
    They invited some junior nobody to skate but not Johnny Weir? VANOC is officially the worst Olympic organizers ever.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRoad View Post
    They invited some junior nobody to skate but not Johnny Weir? VANOC is officially the worst Olympic organizers ever.
    Why would they have invited Johnny Weir? He did not place in the top 4 nor is he from the host country so I am confused as to what he should have been invited? Nam is an exceptional skater and he brought down the house when he skated at the 4CC exhibition last year. The Olympics is all about the journey of an athlete and the young talent coming up. The crowd will love him. He is also a three time Canadian Champion at the age of 13 so he is not a nobody here in Canada.

Why would they have invited Johnny Weir? He did not place in the top 4 nor is he from the host country so I am confused as to what he should have been invited? Nam is an exceptional skater and he brought down the house when he skated at the 4CC exhibition last year. The Olympics is all about the journey of an athlete and the young talent coming up. The crowd will love him. He is also a three time Canadian Champion at the age of 13 so he is not a nobody here in Canada.
    The Olympic games aren't some podunk backyard gathering for some kid's family and friends. It's an international stage, and people around the world want to see Johnny Weir, not the third place finisher in juniors who didn't compete in the Olympics.

On the Ice
    ...Am I the only person who dislikes group skating...?

Any link for the rest of the World? I'm sure NBC won't air the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRoad View Post
    The Olympic games aren't some podunk backyard gathering for some kid's family and friends. It's an international stage, and people around the world want to see Johnny Weir, not the third place finisher in juniors who didn't compete in the Olympics.
    Don't watch him then. Johnny didn't qualify to skate in the gala so there is no reason he should be there.

Who is this joker singing? It's like a poor man's Josh Groban, and Josh Groban is pretty shoddy to begin with. I haven't heard a national anthem butchered this badly since Roseanne at the Superbowl. Good thing it's only the Canadian national anthem.

Don't watch him then. Johnny didn't qualify to skate in the gala so there is no reason he should be there.
    Er what? You crazy. And some kid who didn't even skate in the Olympics did? Your logic is astonishing in its utter nonexistence.

Custom Title
    The point is that he shouldn't be there. Only figure skaters who actually competed at this Olympics should be there.

Too bad we will have to see that little creep Patrick Chan tonight afterall.

Awww, Jessica Dube lent Joannie her dress! Can't wait to watch her skate!

Spending too much time at the arena CdnSkateWatcher's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kypma View Post
    Is there any way to watch the gala streaming live in Canada, like it was for the rest of the competition? the main Canadian channels don't seem to have it listed...
    I'm on sportsnet. Pretty sure that it would be on CTV's Olympics site too. I too would like to see Weir; but, at least Lambiel is skating!

Good god, what is Joannie wearing? She looks like Barney at Studio 54.

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast