Who Will Skate at the Gala? | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Who Will Skate at the Gala?

DesertRoad

Final Flight
Don't care for Kavaguti and Smirnov's bit of show-skating. Flash for the rubes.

Mao shows these other skaters how you can have a gala program that's entertaining, full of difficult elements and show some skills you can't see in competitive skating.

Plushenko rips off Lambiel's exhibition shamelessly, from the oldies French ballad right down to the knee slide. Of course, he doesn't have the dance skills and musicality to pull it off.

prettykeys

Medalist
Loved Plushenko and Mao. Such artistry and fire in their exhibition pieces. If only they would bring that to the same level in their competitive programs!

CdnSkateWatcher

On the Ice
By the way ... totally OT ... Canada just won the Gold in men's curling, and is now tied for the record in gold medals ... yay!!!!! (Okay, I'm Canadian).

'bye, enjoy the skating everyone. I need to divide between celebrating curling and enjoying skating.

ARipp42014

Medalist
By the way ... totally OT ... Canada just won the Gold in men's curling, and is now tied for the record in gold medals ... yay!!!!! (Okay, I'm Canadian).

'bye, enjoy the skating everyone. I need to divide between celebrating curling and enjoying skating.

Cool beans! But I think that'll end right there. Go Team USA!!!! :rock:

*sighs* we have about 20+ minutes until we get DomShabs doing The Matrix!

DesertRoad

Final Flight
I appreciate the efforts of these skaters... to find the worst, soul-drainingest, ear-bleedingest music known to man and subjecting it to an international audience. Really, it's really quite awe-inspiring in its Lovecraftian horror. And I don't even want to know where you can find people who appreciate Michael Bolton and Celine Dion. ::shudders::

ARipp42014

Medalist
I appreciate the efforts of these skaters... to find the worst, soul-drainingest, ear-bleedingest music known to man and subjecting it to an international audience. Really, it's really quite awe-inspiring in its Lovecraftian horror. And I don't even want to know where you can find people who appreciate Michael Bolton and Celine Dion. ::shudders::

Be glad we didn't get the cheesefest known as Dima Bilan! Anyway, gonna listen to some Gaga before DomShabs are on!

verysmuchso

On the Ice
i appreciate the efforts of these skaters... To find the worst, soul-drainingest, ear-bleedingest music known to man and subjecting it to an international audience. Really, it's really quite awe-inspiring in its lovecraftian horror. And i don't even want to know where you can find people who appreciate michael bolton and celine dion. ::shudders::

ita:agree:

screech

Final Flight
le sigh. Does anyone else remember the days when Galas were fun skating?

Brasseur/Eisler's cross dressing routines
Victor Petrenko twisting away
Kurt Browning Charlie Brown or Lyle Lovett

Why did the turn of the millenium (it seems) make skaters turn to total blah music. Thank god for Johnny Weir's Gaga (though I don't like her), Emanuel's Justin Timberlake dancing (even though that's a few years ago), V/M's ballerina/hockey routine... The fans want more of the fun!!

DesertRoad

Final Flight
I can scarcely decide which is more misguided, nationalism or Celine Dion fandom. The horror, the horror...

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
le sigh. Does anyone else remember the days when Galas were fun skating?

Brasseur/Eisler's cross dressing routines
Victor Petrenko twisting away
Kurt Browning Charlie Brown or Lyle Lovett

Why did the turn of the millenium (it seems) make skaters turn to total blah music. Thank god for Johnny Weir's Gaga (though I don't like her), Emanuel's Justin Timberlake dancing (even though that's a few years ago), V/M's ballerina/hockey routine... The fans want more of the fun!!

I dunno - I sorta like some of the more serious routines - Joubert's "Hallelujah", for example.