Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Thoughts on Vancouver's Figure Skating?

Custom Title
    1) Men: I actually got to see the SP live which was thrilling, but I was disappointed in the free skates. I found the controversy over Plushenko/Lysacek fairly ridiculous, and Plushenko's subsequent behaviour really made me lose some of my respect for him (he's never been a favourite of mine, but I always respected his skills). I thought both had pretty forgettable free skates, in the end, as did most of the other competitors.

2) Pairs: I was never a huge S/Z fan, but I'm happy for them that they won. The most memorable moment, however was P/T's free skate.

3) Ice Dance: This was my favourite, since V/M are my favourite skaters and won gold with spectacular performances. Davis and White were also memorable, and I was pleasantly surprised by the judging, on the whole.

4) Women: Joannie Rochette was inspirational. Yu Na Kim had an incredible free skate.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    My favorite Olympics was 1988, closely followed by 1984. This would probably be my third favorite.

Most of my favorites did the best they could but came up short. The good part is that most of the events were well skated, by and large.

I am happiest for Pang & Tong and Shen & Zhao!

The events went kind of downhill from there for me. V&M and D&W skated great, and I love D&W, but they came up short. Worse Delschoes will never get an Olympic medal of any kind, and poor Tanith and Ben also came up short for bronze. If Delschoes couldn't get it, I wanted Tan & Ben to have it.

In men's, I respect Evan's skating, but I love Johnny, and he skated his best and couldn't even qualify for the gala.

I mostly don't care that much about the ladies, but I did want Mao to turn her season around. I've been so sad to see her struggling. And she did sort of turn it around and landed her 3 axels--and came up short. I was saddest for Rachael who skated the best LP I've ever seen her do and she got dropped 2 places.

Custom Title
    I dont wanna see the 2A and 3-2-2 in the men's skating.

everyone might agree with me , right?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwanford Wife View Post
    There was one thing though that marred this event for me: Sandra Bezic. She is simply an awful, awful person. The comments she made during Miki's skate were unacceptable. I've never heard such dismissive and even disrespectful commentating in my life and she is on my list.
    I felt the same. I loved Miki performances and every time I watch it Sandra's comments ruin it.
    Tried to ignore her super biased comments. Commentators comments influence many people and I really thought her comments about Miki were terrible. I was not satisfied with NBC coverage at all because there were more skaters I wanted to see, but they didn’t show them.

I’m not really satisfied for this Olympics for many reasons .
    Mao’s FP, Mirai’s both programs, Miki’s FP, were my favorite ladies performances for this Olympics. Shen& Zhao, Peng & Tong were awesome, too. Yu na’s success is inspiring also. She was so brave with so much pressure and she didn’t seem nervous.

Custom Title
    Sandra never had one single positive thing to say about Miki. In Turin, Dick and Sandra absolutely ripped her apart. Especially Dick, I seriously thought he was getting some sick sadistic pleasure out of it. At one point (I think it was when Miki bumped into the board during spiral sequence), they even sounded excited to point it out. Ugh.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by yangjie View Post
    I dont wanna see the 2A and 3-2-2 in the men's skating.

everyone might agree with me , right?
    Isn't the 3-2-2 a pretty big staple right now? Chan, Lysacek, Wier, Oda, Kozuka, Abbott, and Brezina (2A-2-2) in the top ten had it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4