Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: So, what is Elvis going to complain about this morning?

Hybrid View

So, what is Elvis going to complain about this morning?

Inquiring minds want to know if he is mad Mao performed two triple axels last night and was still well below Yu-Na Kim's score.

Custom Title
    I'm guessing it will be the lack of quads, and dominance of un-manly skating in the women's long :-)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Johar View Post
    Inquiring minds want to know if he is mad Mao performed two triple axels last night and was still well below Yu-Na Kim's score.
    I really don't understand all this Elvis hate. Sure, what he's saying, and how he's saying it, might not be the popular view. However, he is entitled to his opinion. I feel that if anyone needs to eat crow for what they put into print, it's Phil Hersh.

Nobody said we hate him, so relax. I actually thought he was robbed at one of his Olympics.

Custom Title
    Nobody said we hate him, so relax. I actually thought he was robbed at one of his Olympics.
    I'm not defending him per se, I'm just saying he's allowed to have his opinion without people starting new threads about him such as this one. I believe there already is a thread about him (and if some of those are not hateful remarks directed at him, I don't know what is).

Waiting for on-ice perfection.
    He will declare the ultimate Apocalypse of figure skating

Custom Title
    No worries, Elvis Stojko is so strong, I'm sure he'll take it all in stride. *wink* He knows exactly what he's doing. *smile*

He'll probably say Yuna should've skate more like a man!

Quote Originally Posted by chloepoco View Post
    I'm not defending him per se, I'm just saying he's allowed to have his opinion without people starting new threads about him such as this one. I believe there already is a thread about him (and if some of those are not hateful remarks directed at him, I don't know what is).
    These kind of arguments always make me smile. Should freedom of speech should only apply one way? EVERYONE has the right to express their opinion. Many people (me obviously included) feel that Stojko's opinions are worthy of criticism. Personally i find all his "skating should be more butch" as very insulting and feel the need to express the counter view at every opporttunity available. So far I couldn't disagree more with his opinions and the way he has expressed his opinions over the years makes me not feel the need to express my counter opinions in a "nice" way. He's made his bed, he's big enough and ugly enough to deal with the fall out.

Ant

can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    Hopefully only soggy Cheerios.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by antmanb View Post
    These kind of arguments always make me smile. Should freedom of speech should only apply one way? EVERYONE has the right to express their opinion. Many people (me obviously included) feel that Stojko's opinions are worthy of criticism. Personally i find all his "skating should be more butch" as very insulting and feel the need to express the counter view at every opporttunity available. So far I couldn't disagree more with his opinions and the way he has expressed his opinions over the years makes me not feel the need to express my counter opinions in a "nice" way. He's made his bed, he's big enough and ugly enough to deal with the fall out.

Ant
    In this case, he hasn't even stated his opinion yet. The original poster made a thread asking "So what is Elvis going to complain about now". My point is, yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion; I just don't understand all the hate directed towards him, and I don't agree with 99% of what he says.

In any case, I'm sorry for even posting in this thread in the first place.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chloepoco View Post
    I really don't understand all this Elvis hate. Sure, what he's saying, and how he's saying it, might not be the popular view. However, he is entitled to his opinion. I feel that if anyone needs to eat crow for what they put into print, it's Phil Hersh.
    We're not criticizing his right to have his opinion. We're criticizing the narrow focus thereof, the insistance in using archaic gender roles and the lack of knowledge inherent in said opinions.

Go marry the quad if you love it so much DesertRoad's Avatar
    He already complained about the results in a live blog last night. He said Yu Na's score was "inflated", and that Mao Asada was "underscored DRASTICALLY". He also said that people "can't even compare the technical difficulty of [Mao Asada's] program" to Yu Na's. I doubt his mood has improved any after a night's sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRoad View Post
    He already complained about the results in a live blog last night. He said Yu Na's score was "inflated", and that Mao Asada was "underscored DRASTICALLY". He also said that people "can't even compare the technical difficulty of [Mao Asada's] program" to Yu Na's. I doubt his mood has improved any after a night's sleep.
    Yes, the technical difficulty of a program with 4 triples, a double flip, a double axel, and a single toeloop. Quite challenging for a skater of her callibre.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by skatemom1122 View Post
    Yes, the technical difficulty of a program with 4 triples, a double flip, a double axel, and a single toeloop. Quite challenging for a skater of her callibre.
    ummmm....are you talking about the two triple axels?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast