Waiting for on-ice perfection.
Favorite Moments of Vancouver 2010?
I have so many for the ladies
1. The final flight all delivering when it mattered. No falls at all One of the best-skated Olympics for the ladies division.
2. A podium of worthy skaters
3. Rochette's truly Olympic moment, her strength, her elegance, everything
4. Yu-na crying after her breathtaking LP. It summed everything up. One of the best skates an Olympic champion has ever delivered.
5. Mao's historic three 3A's & her clean SP, her guts, her determination, her amazing comeback proving all her doubters wrong
6. Mirai's coming out party. Who ever ruled her out?
7. Laura actually delivering when it mattered
8. Akiko Suzuki and her love for skating that's so evident
9. Miki going for that 3-3
10. Makarova's skates
1. Plushenko's third Olympic medal and his pledge to return for Sochi
2. Takahashi's two programs (if it weren't for that quad...)
3. KOZUKA!! Both his SP and his LP!
4. The new crop of skaters Chan, Brezina, Amodio, Ten, Borodulin, etc.
5. Jeremy's skates... His jumps were sub-par, but I loved everything else.
6. Lysacek bringing his A-game to win the USA's first gold medal in decades
7. Brian Orser finally getting his gold?
1. S/Z winning gold
2. P/T's LP
(only watched the top three)
My worst moments:
1. Mao's sad face and the interview in which she cried
2. Plushenko getting trashed by the American media. His words getting pulled out of context, overblown and misconstrued.
3. Mirai getting robbed in the SP.
1. S/Z's gold medal (not their performance)
2. V/M's all three skatings and the gold medal
3. Yu Na Kim's grace and beautiful skating and her gold medal (She could be next Michellle Kwan)
4. D/W's free dance.
5. Rochett's performances in SP and LP
Last edited by jennylovskt; 02-26-2010 at 05:05 PM.
1) Evan winning GOLD!!! And his classy act off ice!!! Hard work was paid off!!!
2) Frank finally got an OGM pupil!!! Miracle on Ice!!!
3) Yuna made history!!! Mao's 3X!!! And Joannie's inspirational performance!!!
4) SZ's perfect comeback!!!
5) VM winning the Gold!!! For Canada!!!
All of my favorite skaters WON!!! This is a perfect Olympics for me!!!
Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program
1. Evan's Reaction to winning to gold
2.Virtue and Moir's Freeskate
3. Joannie's Short. It seems almost cruel to place it behind such joyous moments but she showed such beautiful skating and skated with such heart and courage.
4. Mao landing her triple axels, especially the SP
5. Yu-na's freeskate.
6. Mirai having the skate of her life as the final skater
1. Virtue & Moir's FD & subsequent Gold
2. Shen and Zhao finally strike gold
3. Joannie Rochette overcoming adversity
4. Yu-Na Kim's beautiful skate for gold. Loved it.
Virtue and Moir's OD - Very close to actual Flamenco, and the FD - The Mahler 5th was priceless.
Hands down the top 3 Men -- now that's what I call a COMPETITION -- this is the one time I will agree with Scotty when he said "game on" after both Daisuke & Evan rocked the house in the SP, and he did his usual girl-like squeal & said all excited like "oh hoh, Evgeni's got competition, game on!"
The Top 3 Men were virtually tied after the SP, so you knew the FS was going to be an all out dog fight, and the ones that kept their cool would persevere, and they did, they did! Only 1.0+ point was the deciding factor between silver & gold, something that will be talked about & debated for at least as long as those whom were alive can remember.
The other disciplines don't even come close, you knew who the winner was before it was even over. That's a coronation, not a competition. And of course that's just my humble opinion, as always. *wink*
Hear Hear!!! ITA
Originally Posted by ae9177
1.Shen/ Zhao won the GOLD.
2.Virtue/Moir won with their FANTASTIC OD (!!!!) and breathtaking, smooth, meaningful, airy, easy-looking perfect technique.
3.Yu-Na Kim gave 4 minutes for the timeless perfection in her FS.
4.Mao Asada came back strong, beautiful. Only 1 lady ever born who can be better than her. Unfortunately she was here in Vancouver, deservedly winning.
5. Joannie Rochette skating, strength and all of her reaction. She was feminine and athletique at the same time. Gorgeous.
6.Fantastic new talents showed up. Mirai Nagasu, Michal Brezina, Ten, Borodulin, Makarova, Bates/Samuelson.
ITA with everything above. I'll add D/W's electrifying OD, D/S's fantastic, pure Tango Romantica and S/S's short program. Pure master skates.
Pairs, the 1-2 results and P&T free skate.
Men, Plushenko not winning.
Dance, the 1-2 finish. V&M gold, terrific OD, Mahler finally making sense as choice of music in the Olympics setting.
Ladies, Rochette's SP. Nothing was as moving and impressive in the ladies competition
As a Canadian, Bilodeau's gold and Rochette's SP are the most memorable moments of these games.
she takes the audience on her journey of emotions
Joannie - everything about her grace, strength and courage under pressure and grief. She is the epitome of a role model for how she handled herself and for not making anything about her and her grief - trying to leave her personal issues for her private time and the competitor on the ice. She truly was outstanding in all possible ways.
V/M - that FD will go down as one of the greats
Johnny Weir - he has been under fire for his flamboyance in Australia and Canada but has been eloquent, stating his opinion without trashing anyone else, and has even now become a kind of correspondent on Aussie TV for the games. True grace under such disgusting circumstances
Shen/Zhao - their reactions to winning their gold. They skated like such champions and to see them reach their ultimate goal, especially with their mature ages for the field, is outstanding
Evan - first of all, having 2 outstanding skates. And then for acting like a complete gentleman when dealing with bitterness. Well done Mr. Snakey Feathers
Kim Yu-Na - Outstanding skates under pressure - finally putting 2 clean programs back to back and earning her gold medal with class and almost perfection.
I keep on fallin' for Kwan
V/M: I didn't want any other dance team to have that gold other than V/M. I didn't care about who won silver or bronze just as long V/M won gold!
S/Z: Like V/M I didn't want any other pair to have that gold!
Frank Carroll: He finally has his gold! I cheer for him more than I do for Evan!
Ando-san: Even though she was in 5th I am sure she's happy for that skate unlike what happened to her in Torino!
Asada-san: 3Ax2!!!!!!! :D
KYN: That's how you handle pressure.
Canada finally winning gold on home soil!
Takahashi-san on that podium! Wish it was gold, though, but hey! He's there! I hope the media hasn't forgotten about him with all the Evan/Plushy drama.
The Future Mrs. Evan Lysacek
Evan's skates, seeing him on top of the podium, and his amazing sportsmanship when having to deal with so much crap. He did two amazing performances, won an Olympic Gold and was bullied by Plushenko and his allies. I would have been a lot more angry than he appeared to be.
The American women placing high (if this continues, 3 spots in 2014 )
Shen and Zhao finally getting gold
Virtue and Moir's FD
Rochette competing despite everything
Kim being overscored
Weir being underscored