Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Yu-Na Kim COULD compete with the men.

Yu-Na Kim COULD compete with the men.

I thought it would be interesting to see how Yu-Na would fair in the men's event. So i refactored her components using the men's factor and this is what it came out to!

SP - 86.95 (4th)
    FS - 168.00 (1st)
    Total - 254.95 (3rd)

LOL, if Yu-Na was competing with the men, she would have WON the free skate and placed third overall. This is laughable.

Custom Title
    True! That's what I have believed that men's competition standard and the level of the champion have gone down grievely.

Mashimaro on Ice
    Well I definitely will pick her over Lysacek

Rinkside
    Perhaps I'm being too serious about this, but if she were really man they'd have marked her PCS much lower because she has neither 3A nor quad. Same with all the GOEs that help her so much. Judges are saying that her jumps are great for a lady skater - they'd laugh out loud if you ask them to compare her to men.

But then again I'd like to have someone deliver this stat to Plushy - I want to watch his reaction when someone tells him that a lady skater who doesn't have either 3A or quad can be placed third in men's field. The look on his face would be priceless.

On the Ice
    Does this mean Kim's score was seriously inflated?

On the Ice
    I was thinking it would be Mao who could beat the men.

Quote Originally Posted by skatemom1122 View Post
    I thought it would be interesting to see how Yu-Na would fair in the men's event. So i refactored her components using the men's factor and this is what it came out to!

SP - 86.95 (4th)
    FS - 168.00 (1st)
    Total - 254.95 (3rd)

LOL, if Yu-Na was competing with the men, she would have WON the free skate and placed third overall. This is laughable.
    Don't forget that ladies have only 7 jump elements. If she were to do an 8th jump element, it's likely she would beat the mens total score as well.

That's right! Haha....

On the Ice
    Well, in theory, yes. Of course, it's fun to speculate, but it's a different set of judges and criteria, and the men do a LOT more in terms of content.

Seriously? She probably would have been around 8th in the mens competition, maybe around where Kozuka ended up. Still pretty good!!

Custom Title
    No she can't because she doesn't have a quad and you know how that is a qualification for skating in the mens comp

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by UM84 View Post
    No she can't because she doesn't have a quad and you know how that is a qualification for skating in the mens comp
    What?! You do know that the men's champion didn't even try a quad, don't you?

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Well it would have been refreshing to see someone in men's competion -where the Oh so serious black rules- with a sparkling short blue dress with diamonds

can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    All Hail King YuNa!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jennylovskt View Post
    What?! You do know that the men's champion didn't even try a quad, don't you?
    It's called sarcasm

On the Ice
    Eh...As much as I like Yuna, this is a bit much. I actually find it a little disrespectful to the men to suggest that Yuna would place 3rd....
    Theoretically, yeah, she could compete with the men, but she'd be way further away from the podium than Kozuka. I find a lot of the male contenders' footwork, speed and jumps to be way ahead of Yuna's. If judged by the same standard, she wouldn't receive such high GOEs and PCS scores at all.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast