Yu-Na Kim COULD compete with the men. | Golden Skate

Yu-Na Kim COULD compete with the men.

skatemom1122

Final Flight
I thought it would be interesting to see how Yu-Na would fair in the men's event. So i refactored her components using the men's factor and this is what it came out to!

SP - 86.95 (4th)
FS - 168.00 (1st)
Total - 254.95 (3rd)

LOL, if Yu-Na was competing with the men, she would have WON the free skate and placed third overall. This is laughable. :laugh::rofl::bow::clap::rock:

jennylovskt

Medalist
True! That's what I have believed that men's competition standard and the level of the champion have gone down grievely.

treshot

Rinkside
Perhaps I'm being too serious about this, but if she were really man they'd have marked her PCS much lower because she has neither 3A nor quad. Same with all the GOEs that help her so much. Judges are saying that her jumps are great for a lady skater - they'd laugh out loud if you ask them to compare her to men.

But then again I'd like to have someone deliver this stat to Plushy - I want to watch his reaction when someone tells him that a lady skater who doesn't have either 3A or quad can be placed third in men's field. The look on his face would be priceless.

sarukou

Rinkside
I thought it would be interesting to see how Yu-Na would fair in the men's event. So i refactored her components using the men's factor and this is what it came out to!

SP - 86.95 (4th)
FS - 168.00 (1st)
Total - 254.95 (3rd)

LOL, if Yu-Na was competing with the men, she would have WON the free skate and placed third overall. This is laughable. :laugh::rofl::bow::clap::rock:

Don't forget that ladies have only 7 jump elements. If she were to do an 8th jump element, it's likely she would beat the mens total score as well.

formersk8ter

On the Ice
Well, in theory, yes. Of course, it's fun to speculate, but it's a different set of judges and criteria, and the men do a LOT more in terms of content.

Seriously? She probably would have been around 8th in the mens competition, maybe around where Kozuka ended up. Still pretty good!!

UM84

On the Ice
No she can't because she doesn't have a quad and you know how that is a qualification for skating in the mens comp

seniorita

Record Breaker
Well it would have been refreshing to see someone in men's competion -where the Oh so serious black rules- with a sparkling short blue dress with diamonds :p

pshla

Rinkside
Eh...As much as I like Yuna, this is a bit much. I actually find it a little disrespectful to the men to suggest that Yuna would place 3rd....
Theoretically, yeah, she could compete with the men, but she'd be way further away from the podium than Kozuka. I find a lot of the male contenders' footwork, speed and jumps to be way ahead of Yuna's. If judged by the same standard, she wouldn't receive such high GOEs and PCS scores at all.

bethissoawesome

On the Ice
lol someone in team Yu-Na would have to put a hit on Plushy before that ever happened... if he thinks there can't be a Mens champion that doesn't do a quad... what would he think of a Mens medalist who does 3 2A's, no quad, and no 3A. They would literally have to "ice" him before he took his skating blade to Yu-Na's throat first hehehehehe.

M

mylastduchess

Well without a triple Axel you can't really be competitive with the men... Yu-na scored so high in PCS because they compared her to other women not to other men